He doesn't think grimes is artist of the decade

>he doesn't think grimes is artist of the decade

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S71403756#p71418875
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No because Aphex Twin released Syro in 2014

Scaruffi drone

why hasn't anybody checked these repeating digits?
values are being lost as we speak

>he doesn't think

witnessed

Scaruffi hates Aphex Twin though

grimescuck

there are people right now that hate grimes. imagine that.

we like grimes
but hate you

>he thinks a derivative, unoriginal and ugly popstar is an "artist", to begin with

wtf is happening with Hank in that scene? fuck you dumbass i'm still in season 3

and don't even bother trying to spoil it for me because iI will not return to this thread, but seriously go to hell

If Grimes is "artist of the decade" that's basically a monument to how lame indie music is

The minute something comes along that's polished and remotely interesting people start praising it as genius

wrong, you dumb pleb. her music is great, like it or not. you're not in the position to even judge the quality of her music.

Why is he not in the position? Because he does not delude himself to praise something completely bland and uninteresting as grandiose? Go fuck yourself and get some actual taste, or a brain, at least.

Wow, you feel so strongly one would think you'd have some kind of rebuttal

There's two Grimeth threads that have great tv shows as their images

Man this show has been around for years now don't blame other people because you're late to the dang party son

Checked

At least grimes fans have good taste in something

Hey, that's a Breaking Bad .gif! Nice taste in television, fellow Sup Forumstant :)

>The minute something comes along that's polished and remotely interesting people start praising it as genius
This surprises you? Do you have any idea how much NOT even remotely interesting stuff there is out there?

Especially in pop music, everything is so rehashed and bland. Grimes is a breath of fresh air in this stale umbrella genre.

>when you're driving with the radio on and someone calls minerals rocks

World

Word

Grimes is the perfect example of how IQ doesn't matter.

That's an insult btw.

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S71403756#p71418875
You read my post wrong - any musical artist/fan following capable of getting under the skin of /mu's troll population so thoroughly deserves to be applauded.

As to your wider question (why does Grimes attract such crazy levels of controversy (despite her being far from the most extreme artist in any identifiable way making music right now) imo it all goes back to her level of skill as an artist and the particular type of art she creates.

The reason why Grimes tends to get so much vitriol directed her way by her detractors (especially online) is because she excels at making subversive art. Nearly every aspect of her visual art or music that you can name is pretty easily traceable to an obvious source of inspiration (as long as you know where to look.) However the specific purposes to which she puts things are almost always significantly different from those found in her sources.

This means that - for the vast majority of people who are at least passingly tolerant of subversive art - consuming her art leads to seeing/experiencing already known things in an unfamiliar light, which in turn leads to a literally mind-expanding experience. It's disturbing to them, but in a fun, enjoyable way.

However, on the flip-side, this means that - for the relatively small group of people out there who lack any sort of tolerance for subversive art - consuming her art leads to seeing/experiencing already known things in an unfamiliar light, which in turn leads to a profound sense of confusion and insecurity. It's disturbing to them too, but in a thoroughly unpleasant way. And we all know what people who are feeling insecure about themselves have a tendency to do - especially in situations (such as ITTs) where they are surrounded by people who are feeling good about themselves because of the very same thing causing their insecurity: they lash out.

see
Specifically the last paragraph.

Wow your a faggot and a normie fag if you think grimes does anything resembling subversive

Careful - your insecurity's showing.

I just hate the hype for such a mediocre artists
can't get on the radio isn't interesting or progressive in anyway
whats the point?

grimes is like the white trash of migos, and migos is already white trash. let that sink in like my nuts sank into your moms asshole.

>he

The point, my dear user, is that you are quite clearly a terrible judge of mediocrity.

Her music is fine, she's just a fucking idiot.
Read any of her tweets or listen to any of her interviews.
She was definitely in a slow program as a kid.

isn't not succeeding in any direction the definition of mediocre

I have to say her music is nice, but her music videos are boring in how forced weird they are, and I don't care in anyway for her image at all. Is that fair to you?