ITT: Sup Forumssicals...

ITT: Sup Forumssicals. Sup Forums had a nice discussion about musicals recently so let's move the conversation somewhere more appropriate.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2qEp5pEp-fI
youtu.be/w-BjIZlhNxY
youtu.be/NsLpmtK5iic
youtu.be/cJmXtGp86m4
youtube.com/watch?v=SDEqngbR1kw
youtu.be/VLg2VvsFanE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

IMMIGRANTS

WE

G
E
T

T
H
E

J
O
B

D
O
N
E

West Side Story = MOTYAY

Musical of the YAY?

youtube.com/watch?v=2qEp5pEp-fI
Post rare Sondheims

Sup Forums thread in question:

I was in Guys & Dolls twice in middle and high school. Coincidentally I was the same anonymous crapshooter both times.

I worked backstage for my high school's production of The Addams Family. It would have been pretty boring if everyone in the cast and crew weren't trying to fuck each other.

It's always weird when I read that drama people always wanted to fuck and that they were the most hardcore about it. Makes me wish I wasn't homeschooled for the entirety of highschool.

sorry kiddo but until thom yorke on ice finally comes out we don't care about musicals

It varies from school to school really.

Oh it's not fun. Theater kids' labidos are half the reason most shows are shit.

Drama kids are like a different species. They have their own culture and practically their own language. I took a theater class as a senior and I can say first hand that they didn't interact with anyone who wasn't "one of them", and were more or less passive aggressive when they had to.
By contrast however, the cast and crew G&D (2nd time around) from the previous school were a lot of fun. Lots of backstage memories there.

Somehow Sup Forums is inexplicably the only place for half decent musical discussion on Sup Forums.

[spoiler]well it's because Sup Forums overdoses on estrogen on the daily but who's counting[/spoiler]

>he doesn't know the no board knows anything it's based on law

Sup Forums has pretty good yugioh threads

Duh, but Sup Forums couldn't handle musicals either.

On topic, Heathers is alright, doesn't really warrant the excessive attention from Tumblr a la To Pimp A Federalist. Meant to be Yours is easily one of my favorite villain songs of all time now though. Finally, a song that actually captures the maniac-lovestruck pendulum of a true yandere character. It's up there with The Trial from The Wall and Trial with Pilate from Jesus Christ Superstar as one of my favorite musical peaks of all time.

Does anyone know what caused the sudden upsurge in its popularity?

Theater kids are always expressively horny. I went to this month long theatre program and people were fucking each other in the closets of empty studios by the second week

When you got a bunch of hormone driven teenagers dancing and sweating in front of each other everyday for a month, things are bound to happen I guess.

The best guess on the Sup Forums thread was a combination of the fan animatics on Youtube and the general surge in musicals in the post-Hamilton wave.

Plus Youtube recommendations.

This never fucking happened at my school. There were some real qts in my drama class too.

Sometimes you luck out and wind up with a group full of puritain qt's.

holy fucking shit. That was wild

Pacific Overtures is a helluva show.
youtu.be/w-BjIZlhNxY
youtu.be/NsLpmtK5iic
youtu.be/cJmXtGp86m4

Thanks for this my man

Would Elliot Rodger have been an Assassin?
youtube.com/watch?v=SDEqngbR1kw

Who is this man

youtu.be/VLg2VvsFanE