Is life pointless Sup Forums ?

Is life pointless Sup Forums ?

yes

As pointless as rejecting someone you love after chasing them like a dog for 3 years, yes.

Depends on how lame your life is

Yes.

well that all depends on you OP and what meaning you give your life

He's on Sup Forums.

Getting my energy instead of balls drained.

Only point is to procreate imo

I'm inclined to agree here.

I mean our life in general. What significance will any of our lives have in 100-1000-10 million years after our death, keeping in mind that 10 million years is a very short time in the "grand scheme" of things.

you can't give any meaning to your life, we all die thats the inevitable end of ones life no matter what "meaning" you give to it ultimately it is nothing. So yes life is pointless as the current form of human brain self consciousness is beyond our bio form and it is more advanced than our pathetic cells which fail so fast to function.

sorry, yes it is. They missed that out somehow. No matter how long you go or how good you are, they never show the score.

Life is just a random chemical reaction that happens on some planets with certain ratios of elements a certain distance from their stars.

It has spread fairly well on Earth but when it ends, it will be in the blink of an eye, and will leave no significant trace on a universe whose expanse would expunge our minds if we could perceive a fraction of it.

kek

wow ur smart

I imagine you've put a fair amount of thought into the subject to be able to succinctly lay it out, do you believe in any sort of spiritual existence, and if so can you explain how/why?

Gay

If I was smart, I wouldn't talk to people on Sup Forums because... who gives a fuck?

Whoaman...thats like...whoa....deep dude...

He's laid out and summarized his opinion in an easy to understand manner, there's no need to be a dick about it.

Do you believe that other forms of life could exist that are not carbon based, and therefore most likely undetectable or incomprehensible to us? For something to qualify as life does it have to be conscious in the way that we and other animals are?

Life multiple points since objects are in 3rd dimension. there are atleast 4 points to make a something exist in 3D space.

The idea that "meaning" only matters if it lasts forever is ridiculous

We find or create our own meaning, based on our own lives.

Yes and the worst thing is that we dont have the balls to kill ourselves

Whatever homie. It's cool to be euphoric, but you have to remember that a certain percentage of people experience, for example, paranormal phenomena, NDEs, astral projection, divine guidance, magick, and such, which seem to imply that there is more to this... if the consciousness itself doesn't ring any bell. In short, we are most likely living in a computer simulation and have an afterlife in a place that is like very far future to us.

>For something to qualify as life does it have to be conscious in the way that we and other animals are?
I don't think so. When I said life I meant anything that exists according to the 8 characteristics of life. And I said life has spread well on earth because it has evolved to be far more complex than base organisms such as bacteria. Thanks to the evolution of sentience we get to contemplate questions such as "is life pointless".

I'll remain skeptical till I experience it myself, I definitely see it as a possibility, and in fact hope for it but I have some problems with accepting it as the truth. I won't be an idiot and ask you how to do/experience any of these things and I'll just use google. Have you had any experience like the aforementioned yourself?

Fuck yeah it is, man.

firstly nice dubs, yes i have been seeking that "meaning" myself for a long time i have studied abit biology and physics so i have come to realizing that people that created god are way minior than actual intelligence of a scientist. Humanity is a bugged AI within bio form that developed art,
philosophy, and an ultimate self consciousness that is what human life is. To understand the roots of being we should get out of this useless body as our vessel is so week compared to our
intelligence thus limits us.

Oh indeed I have. I could (and have) write a book about my experiences and information that I have gathered via these experiences. Too bad my novel was never published. Tried seven publishers but no luck lol. I'll probably write another work on the subject matter.

Don't give up hope, you've chosen a very hard subject matter to write about (in the sense that it may be harder to market to "mainstream" audiences" , maybe try self-publishing?

>Do you believe that other forms of life could exist that are not carbon based, and therefore most likely undetectable or incomprehensible to us?
I like to think about that kind of thing too. I hope there is unique and complex life as far as the universe extends. Since there is so much out there, and the odds are great that there are countless materials and reactions that humans will never come in contact with, there must be forms of life that we can't comprehend or imagine. I think that's exciting. And sad because there's so much we'll never know.

My own personal belief is that most interpretations of "god" are human constructs and that if a god does exist (all knowing all powerful) we wouldn't be able to define it with our limited vocabulary.

yes, and there is only people with a low-morale and a hivemind brain that strives for meaning

Yes, it's pointless. The universe is cold and doesn't care about us. At this point events are already in motion that will eventually destroy the only planet to have produced any form of life that we have ever seen.

Life might have meaning if we worked as a collective to ensure the survival of it, but humans are extraordinary stupid and short sighted for being the smartest creatures to ever have the dumb luck of being created (again, that we are aware of). To actually have the capacity to understand our circumstances and peril and yet to do nothing about it - worse, to care about shit that doesn't matter, and that no alien being would ever probably understand - is sadly going to be the tragic story of life on earth.

Oh wow, a board full of miserable people don't see meaning to life.

What a bunch of whiny pussies you are.

Thanks. The thing is that the novel isn't very well written, and the publishers were only doing their job. I will have to write much better next time. The novel manuscript has some incest and other no-no stuff in it which are impossible to edit out at this point, so I won't rewrite it, but instead write something completely new. You're right that it's a very hard subject to write about, and although I have the required knowledge and means to explain paranormal in a simplified way to the larger audience, the topic is unfortunately "creepy", and I'd have to water it down a bit. The failed novel is almost horror although I never intended it to be.

It is definitely something to think about. The only thing I have is the hope that somehow for some reason we will be able to understand at least a fraction of the universe and life once we die, though that may be a bit foolish of me to think.

>is sadly going to be the tragic story of life on earth

that is very accurate, if ever someone finds out we have been to existance once.

You have a great point. I wonder what limits us from working together collectively. Possibly the fact that we are still extremely close to animals. We all have the base desire to have and want. We need things quickly and we want to see the fruits of our labor. If we worked towards the preservation of life starting with this generation it would take many many millennia for that dream to be realized. I don't believe people are selfless enough to do that. But one can dream

negative kek

Yeah life is pointless tou will die and at some point you will be forgotten, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy it and make something out of it for yourself.

"Life is just a random chemical reaction" guy here...
don't really believe in that stuff, but if it turned out to be real, I would be psyched. And I think it's worth talking about and fun to talk about.

Almost no one has the ability to write well the first time. It, like almost everything in life is a skill that has to be finely honed. I believe the best books go through many many many revisions to make it as good as can be. You will not be an exception, but I do hope you do eventually find success in your endeavors.

it still would zero sense, i want you think of your father's grandfather as he has been on this earth or even his grandfather they have been ereased their existance once now means nothing to universe even to you or us. What they did or feel does mean nothing.

the universe is impersonal and hostile, life sucks for that reason

what the fuck is wrong with the sea dude, this shit is whack.

What you fail to see is exactly what you need to understand in order to be somewhat peaceful with your existence.
Your life matters because everything you do and everything that happens to you affects literally everything.
Small particles you move now can affect wether a new planet will form in 1 billion years or not. Even after your death the particles recycled from your body can affect events on an incredibly large scale.
Thing is most people don't look at life to the smallest bit so they miss out the whole picture.
Maybe life itself has no significance but it changes our universe, or at least our solar system.

You can verify it to yourself if you persist on trying to do so. Pick up Robert Bruce's NEW and practice it regularly (that is, more than 1 min), and you will likely open the door. Ofc a word of warning etc...

Maybe instead of just dismissing this entire thing give me an actual argument or opinion that holds ground. What meaning does your life have except as a manner to further propagate life, or if you've chosen not to have children, what are you actually doing, and is it "important". I'm not saying there is no joy in life, or that life is a waste, I am just posing a question.

Purpose is a human concept meaning that a particular means is being employed for a given end. Since life wasn't created by humans the concept of purpose is meaningless to apply to it.

and we too will perish as the bilions of people did we are nothing but mean to expire and rot. Our way of thinking and being is very artificial to any other being other than human.

Yep

Do you have people in your life that you care about? You live for them. All of you are looking at it from this selfish angle without realizing that it's completely contradictory to how almost every person's brain is wired. You are meant to be part of a group and be the best member of that group that you can be. You're like a wolf without a pack wondering why you're a sad wolf.

Humans has a hivemind that is always striving for meaning because we can't think independantly, we just see the small picture of things right at that moment. Every religion, political ideology, lifestyle all of this is striving for meaning. Every action we do can be interpretaded as an action to solve life's impossible puzzle. And then we die. And then we get forgotten. Humans are basically a resource

Explain man, I'm just asking a question because I think it's interesting. How is this "whack", if you can give me a reason I might be inclined to agree.

If it were an "impossible puzzle" happy and fulfiled people wouldn't exist. You're just undergoing babby's first existential crisis. See

Yeah still doesnt mean they didnt enjoy their life at some point, the thing is that if you go arond overthinking it you should just killyourself since it makes no sense to keep on living, but lets be honest theres people we care about or something that stop us from doing it wether is lack of balls or anything, you can be an edgelord all you want but you are still living a pointless life and is your decision.

So we are basically a resource then?

never seen anything paranormal, nothing paranormal was ever proven on camera and all magicians are tricksters

face it, youre just scared as shit to know theres no afterlife

A very good point, and one that I have thought of myself quite often, yet I still feel like it doesn't explain a "meaning" per say, While every single "decision" every single atom makes has an impact on everything, is that a "meaning" or just a consequence of life.

If you want you can call us that way but then youre calling the whole universe a resource.

Its all an illusion

cause these things look weird and gross. The oceans are just fucking whack.

like why is there so much whack ass shit down there?

Huh, you're very right here. I guess the question then in of itself is moot. Do you have any ideas what this concept is then?

it is user. you spend your life trying to build yourself a reason to exist.

No it's actually pretty straightforward. You are a social ape that needs to work as a part of a group in order to feel happy. That's what the "god hole" is.

Mrw I see all the wrong answers in this thread.

Is life meaningless?
Yes.

Is life pointless?
Obviously not.
All species have a built in drive to live by
a) avoiding death
b) reproducing
The point of life is to live.

Actually camera has recorded phenomena, just google ufo. The phenomena take place after a closed manner, and within sorta kinda 'inner circles', e.g., The eye witnesses of Phoenix Lights were a huge inner circle of thousands. I've seen an object fly on its own as if from telekinesis, which is my personal proof. Just pick up the grimoires and start conjuring, I did that for fifteen years before my experience tho.

consequence in my opinion
a fake alien vid said one "meaning is something that is ascribed, nature is the objective reality" and nature is what i call all of this.
for us to have meaning is basically a calling for a god or a higher spiritual entity... too tired to explain why but you can think of it yourself

Yes isn't that right?
The Universe came to be it can't exist forever

I think several things hold us back.

Foremost is simply the fact that the we are still, in the grand scheme of things, in our infancy and prone to reliance on manufactured supports. Primarily, religion. We didn't understand our existence and we feared death so we created religion as a source of comfort and community. It has certainly aided the civilization of modern society but is a crutch as far as advancement of the security of life. Religion has infected hundreds of million of people and, IMO, represents the single largest threat to life'a survival.

Secondly we are selfish and can't see past our own bubbles. Two planets collided millions of years ago, sending fragments of rock in a hundred different directions. One of them is headed to earth and will eventually hit us and end all life. It may be 5, 10 or 500 years from now, but this is all but certain to end all life on earth before our sun goes supernova and ends us first. And yet we care about the new Tesla. Or new clothes. Or a new album. Or our deadend job.

Frustrating, isn't it? People don't realize how unique we are in our ability to think and understand. If a meteor were to strike earth and take out a society of dogs an outside observer would feel sad in the dogs' poor luck but know they didn't have the capacity to do anything about it. Their life just ran its course. Humans actually have the unique combination of brains and physical ability to both understand and do something about it, yet we sit - complicity awaiting our destruction with open eyes.

>Work as a part a group
Wrong kiddo

So your opinion is that every person's meaning in life is in the existence of others? an interesting perspective to have. I would like to reassure you that I am not think of suicide or anything of the likes, I just enjoy pondering sometimes and felt it would be nice to see other opinions on the fact. Have a dog instead of the usual fish!

/this

nah, that's just your anus m8, getting rammed by a 8 inch feminine penis

It's what your brain is wired to do. You're like a hungry person not seeing that food is the answer.

It's not really an opinion user, it's basic human psychology and neurology. Nice dog though.

maybe it can? maybe it is reborn every few billion years? hell i dont know, and thats what i plan on studying

but if you want to call it a resource you can, this is also true in a way
its a resource to make more resource and we call it the universe

I most certainly see your point here.But since we strive for meaning, do you think that there is an actual meaning per say?

>Mrw I see all the wrong answers in this thread.
and still decided to contribute one more

yes, and that should be extremely liberating to finally figure out

This

nope i think the point is to just experience it, if you hadn't gone through life you'd have no concept of anything

like when you say its a good day thats only because you know what a bad day is for comparison

before this life you were blank, oblivious to anything and everything

Bruh I feel you, oceans are weird man. So much stuff there that we don't yet understand and it all looks so alien to us. Evolution is a strange thing, we can see how different habitats affects life.

The Meaning is to find a meaning we can't find
It's basically a dog running in circles chasing it's tail

I think your child to teen years are often spent without this on our minds, but I could be wrong here. A very interesting perspective on life.

Let's play. Explain.

If God and the afterlife are not real, then they are concepts made from a place of fear of death and/or optimism for an extended experience. Those concepts have been carried through the generations for the same reasons. I don't think either is a stupid reason to believe.

Do the people with this opinion really believe that others haven't found meaning in life? Do you honestly believe that just because you haven't found meaning, others haven't?

damn so much truth right there
imagine a world undivided with no religion.
no crimes at all and no greed. no greed means more for everyone and less useless clothes and phones.
imagine good parenting that leads more youth into learning different sciences.
holy shit, we could achieve so much. conquer mars within 30 years.
but with todays progress, we will send humans maybe in 100 to mars and even then wouldnt know what to do with the god forsaken planet.

Ahah, a very different way of looking at the question. That's what I'm looking for here. Good on you man. Could you further elaborate on your answer to life being meaningless, ordo you believe that there is just a certainty without a possibility of "meaning"

Yes

yes life is without objective meaning, purpose, or intrinsic value and is totally nonsensical

the only reason to keep living is pure hedonism, whatever gives pleasure... it doesn't even matter if is morally approved or not since morality does not inherently exist and moral values are abstractly contrived

now go out and do whatever the fuck you want, make your brain release all those chemicals that provides "happiness" ENJOY 24/7 at any cost, thats the only propose in life and when you can't provide yourself with more pleasure (being chronically sick, etc) just kill yourself since there is nothing else to live for

Well yeah... but you might as well try to enjoy it and let others do the same. Personally I think learning what you can and passing on factual knowledge to others so the future lives liveon and gets better. That being said feelings don't make facts, how you feel about a situation doesn't mean your position is correct.

Yes. We are a resource made to live and reproduce. Then we try to find more to it and then we think we found it, but we actually didn't

Lmao I remember being a college underclassman. It gets old buddy or you become a druggie burnout.

Do you have any further points to bring out, I loved reading that. I am of a similar opinion that structured religion is as of "the information age" essentially useless, but I still believe that spirituality is useful as a mechanism to cope with existence and that it can be a nice support to fall back on for many individuals.

Your 2nd point, do you believe this is something we can overcome or that it is something too deeply ingrained in our very existence?

That is a cyclical question.

There is no point if there is no one to make it.

IF you do not make one there isn't one. That is your answer.

This, years of contemplation and pure hedonism is the only thing I live for.
Still working the puzzle of how social interacions cause feelings of joy for things no hedonist would chose. (Children, wifes, family shit etc.)