Ive never listened to a Radiohead album or song. Where should I start?

Nowhere. Consider yourself fortunate.

Nowhere

their best album imo

You don't. Listen to U2 instead

this

Radiohead, the most hyped and probably the most over-rated band of the decade, upped the ante for studio trickery. They had begun as third-rate disciples of the Smiths, and albums such as Pablo Honey (1993) and The Bends (1995) that were cauldrons of Brit-pop cliches. Then OK Computer (1997) happened and the word "chic" took on a new meaning. The album was a masterpiece of faux avantgarde (of pretending to be avantgarde while playing mellow pop music). It was, more properly, a new link in the chain of production artifices that changed the way pop music "sounds": the Beatles' Sgt Pepper, Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon, Fleetwood Mac's Tusk, Michael Jackson's Thriller. Despite the massive doses of magniloquent epos a` la U2 and of facile pathos a` la David Bowie, the album's mannerism led to the same excesses that detracted from late Pink Floyd's albums (lush textures, languid melodies, drowsy chanting). Since thee production aspects of music were beginning to prevail over the music itself, it was just about natural to make them "the" music. The sound of Kid A (2000) had decomposed and absorbed countless new perfumes, like a carcass in the woods. All sounds were processed and mixed, including the vocals. Radiohead moved as close to electronica as possible without actually endorsing it. Radiohead became masters of the artificial, masters of minimizing the emotional content of very complex structures. Amnesiac (2001) replaced "music" with a barrage of semi-mechanical loops, warped instruments and digital noises, while bending Thom Yorke's baritone to a subhuman register and stranding it in the midst of hostile arrangements, sounding more and more like an alienated psychopath. Their limit was that they were more form than content, more "hype" than message, more nothing than everything.

Start with ok computer, but you should make a tumblr account before starting

OK Computer. Then Kid A. Then The Bends. Then whatever you want

the bends then pablo honey and the ok computer

Just listen to no surprises and you pretty much get the gist

chrono, barring PH

Pablo Honey -> The Bends -> OK Computer

Then stop there because everything else is trash.

>Amnesiac
>trash
I can understand Kid A but cmon user

OK computer

>I can understand Kid A but cmon user
Really because I can't, you fucking pleb

but Amnesiac is the only relatively non-pleb radiohead album

everybody in this thread has shit taste just ignore them OP. OK Computer probably your best starting point but all their albums sound fairly different so you can jump around if you get bored.. but you shouldn't get bored

>radiohead albums sound different

this meme has to die, you can take any 2 songs off every album and they'd all sound like they fit together

>Creep
>Anyone Can Play Guitar
>Bloom
>Little By Little

Creep and Bloom sound almost exactly the same

Prove me wrong

Pro tip: you can't

Nice waves.

one is pop rock the other is jazzy electronica

>faux avantgarde (of pretending to be avantgarde while playing mellow pop music).

What did he mean by this?

a dense, daft, and diluted statement

kill yourself

1. Weirdfishes/arpeggi
2. Let Down
3. Kid A
4. All I need
5. Reckoner
6. Airbag
7. Lucky
8. Staircase
9. The national anthem
10. Packt like sardines in a crusht tin box
11. Separator
12. Optimistic
13. Bloom
14. Little by little
15. The Bends

I'm sorry, you don't seem to have read my post properly, let me re-state

>Prove me wrong
>Pro tip: you can't

Notice that second point, it means that you cannot prove me wrong, end of story

Just admit I'm right, it'll make things much easier for all of us

nah son I don't believe in fascism

The Bends if you want more straightforward rock, In Rainbows if you want more of an art rock direction, Hail to the Thief if you want a loose sampler of the band's stylistic exploration as a whole though of the 3 this comes as the least advised.

The first, as you would with any other artist.