***CALLING Sup Forums TECH SUPPORT. ALL TARDS NEEDED***

***CALLING Sup Forums TECH SUPPORT. ALL TARDS NEEDED***

My friend brought his PC over to my house and we were gonna play some LoL and shit but his PC's power button just displays a solid yellow light and the monitor also displays the same light and will just enter power save mode. All wires are hooked in correctly, some elaboration would be grand, if possible.

some girl for your troubles

Other urls found in this thread:

dell.com/support/Article/au/en/aubsdt1/266435/EN
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

have you tried turning it off and on again?

I tried it the first 10 times

>you unironically get banned for asking a question like this on the fucking technology board

what a bunch of fucking autists

sauce and I'll try to help you out

First i need sauce on this pic and then i can further assist u

did he build it himself or buy it? if it's something like a Dell 300x Faggot

search for Dell 300x Faggot yellow power button

No sauce but here

sauce anyone?

OP here, apparently her name is "princess busty aka bunny"

Those are weirddd

Was it working fine at this house?

if yes make sure you didn't switch the PSU voltage

It was working fine, I'll see

Ok fair enough, at least you tried. Recheck power conections to the mother board, make sure they are secured. Does you pc even power up at all? What are the specs? Do you have a strong enough power supply?

if literally nothing changed except he brought it to your place and plugged it in try plugging it in somewhere else in the house or using a different power strip (avoid using one altogether if possible if only to see if it will turn on at all)

Resocket the ram, and of course delete sys32

delete system32

It's his PC so I dont know exactly what the specs are, the PC does power up, the fans spin, everything seems plugged in.
this wasnt the issue

What's the model of the PC?

My first thought is to take the thing apart, and bit by bit put it back together, turning it on after each component.
At the very least, resocket the RAM and videocard.

It's a Dell Inspiron 660x

Unplug the powercord from the back of the comptuer, and flip the power switch. Then hold the front power button until the light shuts off. Plug the computer back in and power it up.

Taking it apart might be the best option, not really sure what dell power lights mean. I would bet its the RAM though.

You could probably ask over in the stupid questions general on Sup Forums also, they should know more than I do.

the light would shut off when you unplug it I don't get what youre trying to say. Regardless this didn't work even doing it the way you said it.

This. You knocked the ram loose when you moved it around. Open it up, unsocketand then restocked the ram.

Is the power supply toggle switch on the correct incoming voltage?

Power cycle the PSU, the Ambee light on boot means the computer is not getting enough power to start.

checked her out, she's a butterface. Forget her

yes
did

Check the green powerlight on the rear. is it green?

Pcie vidya card? Try reseating it (and it's power if it has its own). Had this problem because my gpu was heavy as shit.

Have you tried going to a useful website for help or googling your issue? WTF is wrong with you asking here, you don't really want to play you just want to fap to traps and post bananas.

Do you hear anything spin up or power on when you press button or nothing? If it worked before he brought it over something probably got knocked loose or unplugged. Double check all connections, make sure power supply is on. Try remove and reseat cmos battery

yes

This. i had this problem before on a pc the video card shit out on me, try hooking monitor to onboard graphics and start with 1 ram stick, reboot and switch out rams until you get bios flash or something

Here, go through this:
dell.com/support/Article/au/en/aubsdt1/266435/EN

Go into the BIOS and disable [Restart on system failure]
once you get in go to the System32 folder in C. That's the 32 bit system cache. even if you have a 64 bit pc a lot of cached data is still stored in 32 bits.
Just leave the computer on it'll be fine no need to restart here.
Been working at Geek Squad for abut 8 years now.

cna haz mowr bewbs?

and how do you reckon he does that with no display working?

Have you tried checking the power unit?

There's your problem right there. Dell has lots of apparent troubleshooting help and none of it works. Got one now, the worst computer I've ever used.

It will work. When restart on failure is on it will restart before it even gets to the splash.

Another option is to plug the monitor into your video card instead of the mother board. if you have a custom video card you'll have a separate input for the monitor. the factory default port will be overridden.

Tried using the custom video card and the default one, also reseated RAM

look in the monitor cable are any of the contacts damaged or missing? can you use hdmi instead?

Disconnect all peripherals except mouse, keyboard and monitor.
Unplug PSU cable.
Press and hold power button for ten seconds. Plug in power cable.
Reboot

SWEET SLOPPY WHOPPERS!

Just a hunch.
take the video card out and try starting your computer

This

ok, where do i find that?

Nothing is damaged, also plugged HDMI and the monitor cable into my television to see if that would work. It did not.

The technology board is for technology DISCUSSION. If you have a request then I suggest you take it to /wsr/. Idiot.

Princess Busty
A.K.A. Bunny

so there is no problem with the monitor then.
you must just have the YLOD either you knocked a wire out of a connector somewhere or one of the contacts on a female port is damaged.

Not op but fuck/g/ those niggers don't help for shit. Just circle jerk Linux and laughed at your small dick for using window

You have a loose device attached to your mobo, re-seat all things attached to it

What part of that did you not understand? They're not there to help you, pajeet, they're there to discuss technology. Your shitposting shoves good threads off the catalog. What makes you think you're so much more special than the thousands of other anons who do the exact same thing?

/wsr/ exists for a reason, I suggest you use it.

make sure the HDMI cable is plugged into the correct slot on the case, when i got a new pc i had it plugged into the motherboard slot and had the same problem, plugged it into the graphics card slot and it worked fine

also you can try taking out the RAM and putting it back in

Read the replies on the thread, he did all of those things.