I work as a Comcast customer service rep. AMA

I work as a Comcast customer service rep. AMA

what career do you imagine you'd have now if you'd paid attention in school?

where does the sun go at night???

Im still studying while working here. planning to be an engineer

why do i pay for 50mbps but you only give me 20 you fucking cuck

Im a comcast service rep. I dont see the sun anymore

Residential or business?

Why didn't you go into field tech or tier 3?

It could be a number of variables as to why you arent getting your purchased internet speed. Try doing a speed test while wired in to check how much you are getting

Residential!

Kek I'm a GM for a company that contracts with you faggots. Why are your customers already mad at you and us when we get there? According to them it's because you're retards but I want to hear your side of it.

To piggyback off of this, your node could be overpopulated or not split correctly, or even have some dickhead uploading content which bogs down everyone on the node

Not my cup of tea to be honest. I'd rather be a normal service rep

ive been on hold for 57 days now can you please put me through to someone

Understandable, im a field tech for our areas isp, i couldn't do customer support, i see these people every day

Do you guys throttle customers? I feel like I already know the answer to this.

user, comcast is known for giving lower mbps than what is paid for.. 20 is with a hard wire

In 9 out of 10 calls people are already pissed at us when sometimes theres jackshit we can do about their issue. Sometimes you even need to explain to people that a credit isnt something bad on their account

Sure! What department are you trying to reach?

I used to work in Business Class support. I feel for you, man.

Although this is true, their headend is experimenting with 1gbps but i know their business class offers up to 300.

Yeah I would believe that. We get asked all the autistic questions too, as I'm sure you could imagine. Anyway...cheers nigga.

ive gotten numerous emails saying that they are gonna cut me off if i keep pirating.. how true is this? comcast is the only isp in my city. please help user

I dont, but im probably only speaking for myself

If im correct they base this off of broadband usage. Stop seeding (not op) field tech for a competitor.

Take care buddy

Yup. quitting as soon as possible

never seed only torrent. then stop seeding immediately after download.. anything i can do to prevent their emails?

Anons right. If you exceed the limit for 3 months in a row thats when we start looking into the account. try to stay below a terabyte of usage per month

Try to find a vpn that doesn't share logs, so preferably overseas, just don't download anything illegal

Ive been getting free internet from you guys for about a year already, i think its because you guys fucked up. So far no issues, should i be worried?

Why do you faggots make me go through all the troubleshooting after I tell you the fucking problem.

>I just got back from vacation and some of the wires outside my condo have been swapped and my TV and Internet are both out, can you send a technician out to fix it. There are crimps on the ground, I think one of your techs swapped the wrong line.
>sir, let's begin by power cycling your TV

The stupidity is astounding.

kek

Badly trained tech's, but that sound more like a contractor.

This probably the nigga outside my house rn, you know who I am faggot

Pretty much we do that since it is protocol, and even then technicians have a charge of 70 dollars to the customers. that why we usually try to avoid sending them

Never heard that before. You should not be worried tho. just try to not call so we dont notice your account

70 dollars? wtf?

Jason! Please stop masturbating. Let me fix the cable in peace

Former satellite tech here. We used to do this with people's existing cable lines all the time if we thought we'd get away with it. We didn't give a fuck.

Yeah. not sure why that charge is there but it is fucking annoying to dispute the charge to the customers

why do you offer "fast and reliable speeds" and then have shit speeds and say its because my router is fucked even though it's a month old

did you guys have metrics based on performance and how the customer felt about you?

probably a node issue, but here is the kicker, they offer "up to xxx mbps" they don't guarantee speed

Where do they ever come up with these numbers? I always hear these numbers, and I have 30mbps in my house, yet downloads all cap out around 2.5 mb/s... so where does this bullshit number come from when I only get 10% of the quoted bandwidth?

>inb4 retard
Somebody explain this to me

We do, we have three main metrics. Sales per month. Surveys done by customers and time we take on each call. Im pretty sure you know which one of those is pretty much based on luck

lol I'm not wanking it, I don't even have internet

This guy is right lol

Trouble call rates and CSAT surveys? Yep! Are you OP or another former sat tech?

oh yeah, i know that all too well.
The easy answer is they have buildings that spit out of internet down fiber lines, each fiber line runs to a hub then a node, nodes split down the poles to your house, whatever speed the main building is spitting out is what is going to these nodes. nodes are split between areas of cities so everyone shares the internet coming out of those.

not op, I'm not a sat tech, I'm currently a field tech working towards maintenance.