/chart/ NO LAZY POSTERS EDITION

every chart thread sucks due to lack of participation outside of posting your chart. the point of this is to expand your taste while helping others do the same. in each of these columns is my favorites from a different broad genre (folk, pop, rock & hip-hop/r&b) and im looking to expand my taste

Syd Barrett - The Madcap Laughs, if you haven't. Also Beat Happening's stuff.

First thing I do when I wake up is listen to TMR. Then I have breakfast, soybeans of course. After I eat I have my shower where I listen to Trout Mask Replica again. As a cleanser, I like to go for a run where I typically listen to a lighter album like Safe As Milk or even Bongo Fury. When I get back it's lunch time and I'll listen to Trout Mask Replica while I mash my soybeans. While I eat I like to enjoy a nice documentary, specifically one about Captain Beefheart. Following that extended screen time I like to keep my mind sharp with some reading. So I'll read and interpret the lyrics to Trout Mask Replica, of course I have the album playing in the background so I'm 100% focused.

By now my day is going pretty good and I usually want to share it with somebody else. So I'll call up some friends to hang out. We like to play basketball, play tabletop RPGS and watch movies together but mostly we listen to Trout Mask Replica. After we all listen to the album together in our listening circle we head back to my place for dinner where I serve up a mean soybean. Just for the sake of ambiance, I'll play Trout Mask Replica in the background. Dinner conversation tends to be lively as we each share our favorite moments from Trout Mask Replica.

My friends go home after this and while it was fun, it's time to prepare for another big day tomorrow. I'm only human so pardon me if this is graphic but I do enjoy a bit of masturbation before I sleep. I'm not really adventurous, I masturbate to vanilla, lesbian sex and oral but mostly just the cover art of Trout Mask Replica. Following that I clean myself up and unwind with a bit of music; Trout Mask Replica being my favorite. That's when I hop into the shower for a brief and relaxing warmth, I'm pretty clean by now I just want to ease up my muscles. Then it's time for bed. Being something of an audiophile I like to listen to music while I sleep. After I hit play to start up the song "Frownland" I drift to sleep.

hi, mr. scaruffi.
>new to Sup Forums
>cant rec
well fuck you too, OP

Holsd up spork

how we all doin today friends
very nice, im listenin to that beat happening album right now
cool stuff as well
have you heard comus or linda perhacs?

the work - slow crimes

steven r smith - tableland

epic post dude

elmore james - the sky is crying

julian lynch - lines

I thought the point was to post the most esoteric chart without getting called an avant teen desu

bailter space - robot world
you'll never get to heaven - s/t
deru - 1979

coastal - s/t
pan•american - quiet city
movietone - day and night

the black ryder - buy the ticket take the ride
no age - everything in between
a place to bury strangers - s/t

Paleo's song diaries

You look pretentious enough to enjoy some Croatian Amor

El symphonie fantastique

+++tatsuro yamashita, taeko ohnuki, the clean, ryo fukui, cap'n jazz

you are a cool dude my dude

raji - heart to heart
lush - spooky
+julia holter, mbv, jessy lanza, slowdive, taeko ohnuki
also raji - heart to heart
+american football, mm, joy division

built to spill - the normal years

'Deafcult - s/t' and 'the black ryder - buy the ticket take the ride' are somewhat similar to loveless, so you might like them.

Nick Drake - Bryter Layter
Aerial M - s/t

Sunn O))) & Boris - Altar

rodan - rusty
holy ghost - crime cuts
brand new - the devil and god are raging inside of me
rowland s howard - teenage snuff film
gorillaz - d sides
andy stott - faith in strangers
leon vynehall - music for the uninvited
lovage - music to make love to your old lady by

You have Ege on there twice

>acknowledging that a good album is good makes you new
>needing obscure albums on a chart to prove how long you've been here
>thinking that matters

praying for u user

oh shit didn't even notice, the one on the bottom is supposed to be Tago Mago

Good job recognizing Ege is their best, tho

Recs please

Ty segall if you haven't listened already

Urbanoutfitters.com/

Trout Mask Replica - Captain Beefheart

Yeah it usually alternates between Ege and Future Days for my favorite. But Ege is just too good

pray for your fucking mother nigger.

btw i was saying that im new to Sup Forums and seeing how everyone is giving and recieving recs, i cant, thus preventing me from posting any chart

>tfw you have an outdated chart
Would i like that Jens Lekman album?

Solid chart

Try Red house painters

Try Comus

Whats the title of the top left one?

LSD and the search for God - s/t EP
Glifted - under and in
Wild Honey - demo

>Recs please
i rec you listen to Midnight marauders again so you remember its the best in their discography

>Midnight Marauders
>best in their discography

not him but have you heard Low end theory?

yes its slightly worse than MM

though it has a way better album cover

OP here, and based on your chart, i'm not sure. it has very grand arrangements and can be a bit twee-poppy, which i'm not particularly fond of in most cases, however jens makes it seem more genuine than cutesy. it's a very interesting record imo

Why is no one posting lmao

this happens everytime i get in a chart thread wtf

listen to german error message
>calm
>love, claire
>narrowing type
>stratosphere
nice. i'd recommend you some duster-related stuff but you've heard all of it probably.
try safe as milk

Pretty new here so first chart
Please judge

Little Kid - Logic Songs
The Men - Leave Home
Funeral Diner - The Underdark

I gave a listen to confusional quartet and I almost died of boredom

Ensemble Economique - No GPS

bump

curtis mayfield - superfly
lsd and the search for god - s/t
a sunny day in glasgow - ashes grammar

Madlib & Ernest Hemlock - Trouble Knows Me

This is my first 100 chart. Took me a while but I think it's pretty finished.

I love Tim Buckley
Five Leaves Left is my least favorite Nick Drake album
I think we have the same taste friend.

small chart for small benin :DDD

You seem to like either really intense or really soft music

nice observation and nice digits

nice

Swirlies - They Spent Their Wild Youthful Days In The Glittering World Of The Salons is some god-tier noise pop
EMA - Past Life Martyred Saints is some good fuzzy but depressive folk
mukimukimanmansu - 2012 if you're looking for something more stripped back but with wilder vocal performances
try some of big blood's stuff, particularly big blood & the bleedin hearts
really like your taste, try moonshake - eva luna for some oddball experimental indie rock
Graham Lambkin - Amateur Doubles
You've probably already heard it but do make say think's first two albums would fit right in, give them a try if you think of them as generic third wave post rock like I used to
You seem like the kind of person who hasn't gotten into cocteau twins yet but should. Sorry if you already know them.
Gastr del Sol - Upgrade and afterlife
It's like faust covering john fahey
You need some krautrock in your life
Listen to the first half of can - tago mago and follow the flowcharts
Mercury Rev's first two albums. If you still rank deserter's songs above them then you haven't listened to them enough (or maybe you have, just a suggestion)
Pretty good
Listen to Low - I Could Live in Hope if you're feeling down
also Sweet Trip - Velocity:Design:Comfort is as good as everyone says it is
Talk Talk's last two albums if you haven't already
silver apples, white noise, united states of america, basically any of those psychedelic electronic rock albums from the 60's
Deep Puddle Dynamics - The Taste of Rain ...Why Kneel? if you want some interesting alt hip hop
Dalek - Absence my man
meme - chitotetochi if you want some more airy abstract folk
Clarence Clarity is an obvious rec, you've probably listened already
T2 - It'll All Work Out in Boomland, overlooked classic prog rock
rat at rat r

Hey look! Shitty, worthless lazy posters! Try reading the thread before you post your lazy shit.

You may enjoy California by Mr.Bungle Missions of Burma
Check out some Grandaddy
The Pop Group - Y
Ibrahim Maalouf - Illusions

*Mission of Burma

10/10

>Holsd up spork
>holds up lush production jobs
yeah you'd like devin townsend ykno

Zs - The Hard EP
shinsei kamattechan - tsumanne
world's end girlfriend - seven idiots

>Whats the title in the top left?
The great white emptiness - cold body radiation

Rather new, my recs might suck just some warning. Just trying to do my best to not
lazy post

I like your taste, we have a few albums in common, do you like Sufjan Stevens by any chance? I thought Michigan by him was great

I like your focus on jazz and rap and soulful music, try Scenery - Ryo Fukui if you haven't already.

You've got some great top picks, not a clue what to recommend you tho

I see you've got the Twin Peaks soundtrack on there, I'm assuming you've listened to Xiu Xiu - Plays the Music of Twin Peaks, I kind of enjoyed that one but not as much as their other stuff.

Based off that Knocked Loose album I'd recommend you Desolated - The End

I need all the recs I can get boys, thanks

Brutus - Burst
Spirit Agent - Depth Perception
Roy Harper - Stormcock
Cardiacs - A Little Man
Liturgy - The Ark Work
Estradasphere - It's Understood

>Desolated - The End
first song's neat so far but honestly Knocked Loose are closer to the most thuggish of Slam than any Beatdown i've actually heard, that's why i like them
i suggest you check out Epicardiectomy - Abhorrent Stench of Posthumous Gastrorectal Desecration

sure i like music but not always necessarily the ones on this chart
just listen to what you want to listen to
developing a top "something" of your favorite music is weird
for some it comes easier and for others it doesn't
i get a sense that like myself and my own there are a lot of charts that seems forced into the mode of displaying their likes
truly nobody cares
idk you got aesthetes like these that look nice
by chance or by purpose or by them being them (this being a needless last reason because if they werent them the creation would be an impossibility) idk

all i'm really saying is i actually like the counting crows for the reason that they just happened to do what they do or maybe they didn't but that my perception and experience and vision of reality suits the way in which they exist-ed

final note: mucore rymcore scarufficore is good but do remember that music is music and that one song you actually like is also probably good for reasons that can in fact truly be valid

you have a stick very far up your ass

are you referring to this definition because i'm p sure this isn't me or are you saying there is one thing particularly getting to me to make me post how i did hmmm?
i guess i'm just trying to say your slang is vague

you sound really young my man

we are all young

>Not fun, cannot see humor
That's exactly what i was going for

yo dude

what's with these assumptions i thought this was /chart/

TONIIIIIIIGHT

>what's with these assumptions
uhm u started

:(...................:D

i normally dont intervene in these e-skirmishes but like did you even read his original post

he didn't make any assumptions

yeh i didn't say anything that was an assumption

good post and point hank

unfortunately, these threads encourage a lot of posturing and false self-identification but reminding yourself that you're better than that sort of retardation is crucial to maintaining both your cool and whatever core reason(s) you have for getting into and appreciating music in the first place.

for me, i'm a lover of history and artistic diligence. i resonate deeply with that kind of shit, but then again what i choose to listen to is often dictated by my mood and willingness to participate with the music. sometimes all i wanna do is chill out and half-hardheartedly meditate to something, in which case i'll throw on an ambient or drone record. with that said, i don't treat ambient music as background noise or whatever, i always make an effort to know what i'm listening to, but yeah, it's all a part of the experience for me.

my point is, music is goddamn powerful, and some of you guys need to realize that musical journeys aren't like fucking TCGs on the playground, and i can't help but feel like generals like /chart/ and /daily/ encourage and nourish this disgusting principle.

I had an idea for a post and I've got some new ideas write now but it's late and I just can't write so I've beaten all my forearms senseless from blast beats at 200040238034789023789057890789789025782358235235892356923516123581578912525789012689012352352356892356892356892356895689235689235623568968906682356890002689268236890235689689bpm and like......

it's just not there, coz like, it deals with, like, the same issues, so to people in chart threads, is to the 4x4 is to what the is in the.

I got beat up by middle schoolers on the way back from work. One of them showed me his bicep and was like, fuck you! and I was like, that's not nice, but I'm really a go with the flow kind of guy so they kicked my ass and the whole time I was on the floor with this kid going to town on my grown ass I was thinking, how am I gonna pay for drum lessons? Should I go get checked for IBS? Will I ever find love? Do potatoes keep well when fridged? The fists didn't hurt, but the prolapse jokes did.

I'm sorry.

cat

what mental condition do you suffer from

Only thing I've been diagnosed with is generalized anxiety and panic disorder. Beyond that idk