What if a fascist, autocratic President took over the United States? And what if that President lost California...

>What if a fascist, autocratic President took over the United States? And what if that President lost California, the sixth largest economy on Earth, by nearly 2-to-1, a margin of almost 3 1/2 million votes? What if the day after that President took power, the largest mass demonstration in history occurred, and the state with the largest turnout was California. And then, the following week, two of the largest international airports in the world, California’s LAX and SFO, were blockaded by protesters? What if California refused to be ruled?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=20XT-2QIpCY
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What if Finland didn't post weird threads constantly on Sup Forums?

Is someone gonna help that poor bear?

Wouldn't California seceding basically mean the Republicans would never have to worry about losing the election ever again?

Latin america would get a new brother

Never gonna happen. California leaving would mean it loses those sweet sweet federal subsidies that keep its farms from going bankrupt.

It would, which makes it even more strange how there are so many republicans who get visibly upset at the thought of california seceding.

Electoral college victories are usually by a big number even in close elections. Clinton 92, Clinton 96 and Obama 08 won by more than the margin of California.

So yes? Sorry I'm not well versed in the electoral college.

I thought it was mostly conservative farmers who take the whole Calexit thing seriously, though?

If you ever find yourself in conversation with Americans in person, don't bring it up. It's a hot-button issue right now.

Maybe a while ago, but the new interest in Calexit is mostly from the coastal liberals.

Don't worry, I don't talk politics with people in person. People get way to heated and partisan over it and agreeing to disagree will not happen.

So what made the conservative farmers change their minds? Getting a conservative president?

What's it like when so many of your provinces want to secede? With Calexit, Texit, and Cascexit gaining traction recently, I feel like we're finally catching up to Canada in terms of territories wanting to leave their own union.

The US federal government collected $405 billion dollars in california in 2015. In 2013 California received $343 billion in federal spending.

So they'd have about 50 billion dollars to spend if they quit the union.

Really makes you think.

This is why you should encourage them to take their Doctor prescribed dose of Domestos.

Most of them are memes really, Quebec separatism is the only really serious one and even then it's a non-issue nowadays.

Except Clinton and Obama ran against the previous Republican administration of the Sr. and Jr. Bush which had the 2008 recession and 1991 Gulf War so it was guaranteed that they were gonna win.

News outlets said Hillary was guaranteed to win this election and she lost.

>Fascist
You cunts really needs to stop misusing that word this much. Pretty much nothing that gets called "fascist" niwadays is even remotely fascist, stop using it as a buzzword.

>which makes it even more strange how there are so many republicans who get visibly upset at the thought of california seceding.

What the hell are you talking about? Most Republican voters think Calexit is hilarious and push for it harder than the lefties who first proposed the idea after losing the election. It would not even surprise me if most of those online petitions for Calexit have more people who hate California signing them than people who like the state at this point.

>So they'd have about 50 billion dollars to spend if they quit the union.

Except for the fact that they'd have no free trade with fellow US states, where most Californian products are consumed, leading to a massive uptick (and likewise the individual Californians taxes) in the price in order to compensate. California residents would also lose any federal welfare or social security benefits they currently receive, leaving it up to the state of California to pick up the bill.

Oh, and much of California also depends on electricity generated by the surrounding states, which means that they'd also have to spend billions on restructuring their power grid.

People might be willing to fight to "keep California."

(aka any excuse to go bomb those commie fucks.)

Secession is an annoying meme that can only really work with Texas, as Texas has its own independent power grid. Every other state would collapse without the rest of the union.

Personally, it's also annoying because people don't really understand the amount of power we have banded together as a union. Our economies are so interwoven to cover the others needs, and our culture is rad from having so many separate areas.

Third, any state that tries to secede is committing an illegal act (as we ruled in the Civil War) and will be attacked by all 49 other states and lose. The US government won't just let you people walk out, even if you vote for it

>Third, any state that tries to secede is committing an illegal act (as we ruled in the Civil War) and will be attacked by all 49 other states and lose.
Does this also apply to Texas?

>The US government won't just let you people walk out, even if you vote for it
They can if the other 49 states agree to it.

That's a really good question. I've heard from some super autist texas secessionists that Texas has some clause that makes it different from all the other states, but I don't know what that is.

Maybe if all the other states agree upon it, but who would do that? Literally cut out a part of your own nation, losing hundreds of billions in wealth, tens of millions of people, having to relocate huge military installments, all because we disagree with how they vote?

The US government is the biggest factor because it has massive economic and military incentives to retain all the states, especially huge chunks that meme secession like Texas, the South, or the West Coast. They would probably be the ones to make the final rejection.

Again, not sure about Texas though

All temporary problems that wouldn't realistically stop california from seceding. They've got money to burn and one of the healthiest economies in the world.

>Except for the fact that they'd have no free trade with fellow US states

Isn't this what was used to argue against brexit? How did that work out?

That clause Texas claims to have is a myth, bud.

we should annex baja after we leave

California's state spending budget is fucking cancer, and they have an absolutely horrid direct democracy system for passing new laws and legislation that basically guarantees that any prop that promises "free shit" passes every time.

If California and Texas were to both secede and the US offered to sell each state's debt to whomever would buy it, investors and countries would outright get in a bidding war for Texas' debt while California would be a hard sell without a serious overhaul of their government.

There's a reason Californians are flocking to Texas and not the other way around.

>There's a reason Californians are flocking to Texas and not the other way around.
Citation needed.

I'm sure Japan or Russia wouldn't mind buying California.

>leave US
>angry US government withdraws all military bases from cali and puts economic sanctions on you
>then you attack mexico
how f a m

seriously speaking, does either side, from liberals in cal exit, to conservatives with texas secession, only want it because they don't like the other side of the aisle? that is the entire point of america. we are a confusing, hypocritical mix of the in-between. we are not hyper-swedes or backwater hillbillies, we are both at the same time ;_;

have you not been paying attention over the last few years?

>that is the entire point of america
The sons of liberty did not fight for these liberal fuckers and their oppressive ideals.

The cucktolic church is the most opposed to the expulsion of the 11 millions of illegals in the US.

then it's a slam dunk, get these fuckers out

That isn't a citation.

and the liberals say the SAME god damn thing about you. we stick together, and that is that. why does it always fall upon the northeast + midwest to calm you cali and southern fuckboys down. stop it BAKA

t. pa

>angry US government withdraws all military bases from cali and puts economic sanctions on you
this wont happen

>then you attack mexico
we're not attacking just annexing

you are not going to get bajachan by seizing it.

>and the liberals say the SAME god damn thing about you
No they don't, they say our history is brutal and should be ashamed of. They know nothing of the sons of liberty or what they stood for, and they don't care.

You really think that liberals are more in-line with the ideals of our founding? Don't make me laugh. Those anti-american fuckers need to go.

Do you really think that Mexico would just let you take Baja California?

if californians love mexico and mexican culture so much
Why dont they uh, go back to mexico

nobody is going anywhere. we ruled that out in 1865 and I pray we don't have to rule it out again. Settle it through voting, especially on a state level.

I don't even understand why you are so fired up. You literally have a majority in the congress, senate, and are in control of the executive branch. You cannot possibly have any more power yet you are still mad at the system.

We're not going anywhere

t.californian

Could've told you that 15 years ago

Republicans are not great examples of defenders of our founding values, if you haven't noticed. But at least they're not out-right hostile to the idea of liberty.

But why be fired up? I suppose people being fired up is WHY democrats got kicked out of the executive branch. They need to get out and stay out. We need their party gone. We need to have the republicans facing against a real party that stands for America and the values we were founded on.

As a Californian I ask you to please do whatever you can to prevent retarded leftists from getting their way here any longer.

We would turn into the next Sweden if left completely to our own devices. It may not be as bad considering Mexicans are more civil than muslims but the damage would be immense. Of course there is nothing stopping them from shipping in muslims too. At that point my only hope would be for the latin american migrants to fight the muslims migrants off.

If a majority of a state's population supports sovereignty and there is a good, legitimate political and/or economic reason for doing so, I'd say it's up to them as long as they do it peacefully. However, neither of these conditions are likely for most states anyway.

lol fuck off cali.

A Mexican military zone is just designated to Baja to avoid filibustering (American pirates seizing Baja has happened before).

Besides, the lack of infrastructure here is so great that it puts California's water problems to shame. Our power grid depends 90% on processed oil hauled from the mainland everyday. Don't do this to yourself.

t. Baja California Sur

baja california will have to leave mexico first and then will most likely accept a union with california

youtube.com/watch?v=20XT-2QIpCY

Cuckstians and above all cucktholics play the largest role in the destruction of the white race.

And you can do that through voting and debate, not dividing this country further. Growth, not regression. Many parts of this country still have your values. Just because Cali doesn't, doesn't mean you can't move to the interior west where your values are law

Also, we have turned from a rebellious nation to a mature one long ago. Of course i stand by the founders principles but constant rebellion is past us- the Gettysburg address was that turning point, I highly recommend reading into its meaning it is a powerful piece

They'd only be buying the debt, not the actual country. Buying a country's debt doesn't actually give you leverage to dictate how the country is run in most cases. China buys US debt because they believe it's actually a good investment and that money is protected against a collapse of their own economy.

Russia buying California's debt would actually be hilarious and impossible because California's economy is way bigger than Russia's.

Yep mainly the Irish here.

> mexican military

baja is not leaving, they wish

>And you can do that through voting and debate
Not at this rate. At this rate there will be blood.

I'll be ready.

This is a fag used a Finnish proxy and spammed trump generals in Sup Forums every day in support of hillary during the election

Now he's taken to hiding here

Stay edgy. Realize that according to your principles, you are just as fair game to kick out as anyone else. That is not what this country was founded upon, I will defend your right to vote just as I will defend theirs

we dont really need you but, anyway you are not leaving without fight, compa,

And even as you proclaim this bullshit about different parts of America getting to be different, those liberals will be voting against that very idea. But it's /soo noble/ of you to defend their right to vote against what you stand for.

its not happening, even the majority of people here(in california) think its a retarded idea

the majority of people in america thought trump was a retarded idea a year ago

Oh no, I have been caught
Please don't punish me senpai :3

The texas clause was real before they got RECONSTRUCT'D

He was, he ran during 2008 and was a complete joke and was laughed out of the nominations.

I just so happened that things are so politically fucked up nowadays that he started to seem like not so bad of an option.

This the exact same argument retarded leftists use about how right wingers should be beaten because they will hurt minorities rights.

It isn't legal for US states to secede without permission from the Federal Government. They have tried before, and it caused a civil war. The precedent has been established.

>California residents would also lose any federal welfare or social security benefits they currently receive, leaving it up to the state of California to pick up the bill.
Doesn't the "Federal Dollars Received" include that?

Is it? I don't think it is?

>But at least they're not out-right hostile to the idea of liberty
Kek

Public Service Announcement: Nobody here in California takes this seriously. I'm currently in a liberal coastal university, and I have only heard about it in public once in a passing joke, right after the election.

Although I love how salty this makes conservatives on this site. They really need to get a grip.

California has a massive deficit and therefore needs their federal NEETbux. They won't secceed.

Only natural, US is too big to govern efficiently especially after all this time has passed for different regions to gather cultural differences from each other.

Whichever of our hack journos invented the term brexit has a lot to answer for. Sorry rest of the world

>much of California also depends on electricity generated by the surrounding states

I don't live in California, but I believe this is true when it comes to water also.

>I don't live in California, but I believe this is true when it comes to water also.
Yes, but only because politicians who don't want to spend the money on desalination prevent us from building a bunch of plants in the hopes that someday the drought will end.

>land of the """free"""
>states can't leave

I could have sworn it was only conservative farmers who wanted to secede from the Union so they could charge more for their produce for out-of-state markets.

libs are helping get the ball rolling but they dont know it

What if California came crawling back to the Feds asking for money to repair its crumbling infrastructure there, Moonbeam?