Discuss the Flat Earth Theory

Discuss the Flat Earth Theory.
Why has it been gaining popularity for the last few years?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=URwL_nxYl1k
youtube.com/watch?v=n4GmeI2omfM&t=245s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Paperclip
youtube.com/watch?v=GrihjP5tTTM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's not been gaining that much popularity because 99% of people are not retards.

It's just that the retards who believe such obviously nonsensical and completely, totally disproved bullshit happen to be pretty vocal online.

>It's just that the retards who believe such obviously nonsensical and completely, totally disproved bullshit happen to be pretty vocal online.
Just look at Sup Forums.

Kill yourself you stupid fucking faggot nigger piece of worthless shit cunt asshole spic fuckface motherfucker

I used to spend quite some time on both Sup Forums and /x/, just because it's so fucking entertaining.

It's just noise from a minority and people basically "role playing" because it's like being part of an amazing sci-fi.

I don't believe that most people who talk about it really believe it. And those who do believe it are retards who have no valid opinion and should be disregarded.

I wonder

because more and more people seriously look into it

the others keep yelling that it's stupid

Because it is stupid

I think his point is that we should just ignore them.

The more you say "Shut the fuck up with this bullshit" the more determined the bullshitter will be to vindicate themself.

>because stupid people start believing myths for no reason
>others keep laughing at them

Fixed.

>what are clouds

tbh i only hear about it from people talking about how dumb it is, kind of like your post
so the discussion of "how is this a thing" is a lot more popular than the actual theory itself, at least in my experience

i have a few friends on FB who would be literally bottom-end retard-spectrum enough to share something like this and think they were making a legitimate argument

It's a bronze age myth.

Pretty much this.

/x/ and Sup Forums are containment boards. Anything posted within them should be automatically disregarded.

youtube.com/watch?v=URwL_nxYl1k
I hope you guys realise that this was created to make hipsters feel smart and conspiracies crazy.
If you actually take this serious then you are just as stupid as the few people that do think the earth is flat.

that's what they want you to think.

anything posted anywhere should not be disregarded until it's been disproven. sticking your head in the dirt because of a board's topic or reputation is inciting willful ignorance. if you're okay with that then you're okay with that of course, but otherwise please don't be so close-minded.

flat earth was disproven like 2000 years ago

>>anything posted anywhere should not be disregarded until it's been disproven
How about
>anything posted anywhere should not be regarded until it's been proven

instead?

>what are clouds, angles, and varying distances.
>people not realizing that this are pictures of a moving object taken by another moving object.
>that one way trip to Mars sounds better by the day.

wow a fictional map looks like a logo

>that's what they want you to think

Otherwise known as..

>generic response #25

It's dumb and anyone who pays it any mind is dumb to do so.

It's because there are so many more dumb people around today that will believe anything

just look at trump supporters

People are so distrustful of experts and their leaders that they will believe anything.

Because some people associate having a controversial/non-mainstream belief with being smart. Or, rather, it allows them to pull the whole, "I'm so smart and all of you are just a bunch of dumb sheep." meme. So it would appear to be of solely selfish reasons.

Ask them "Why can't I see Mount Everest then?" I'd love to know what type of faggit answer they'd give xD

>Theory
it's proven fact. i saw a documentary on fox about it. and one news guy interviewed a planetary gymnologist about it. you would have to be retarted to think the world is round.

Yea ok kill yourself already.

trump supporters are HUGE flat-earthers.

they're also anti-education, anti-science, and virtually retarded. so there's that :/

Clichés for the win

Back to plebbit you go faggot.

Better watch the way you talk to people you don't know. You dont no where i come from, who my inner circle is, or what i might be capable of when some1 ANYONE challenges my pride or honor. ESPECIALLY when the lame bullshit you have dribbling out your neck is said infront of someone i care about or a woman i like and/or have feelings for... so tread lightly youngblood cuz your about to start a fire that wont go out til EVERYTHING burns. Be careful. And if you dont wanna see shit go down like that then i suggest you be very respectful...

it's only been gaining any popularity because the average IQ of the United States has been dropping thanks to our bullshit education system and retarded indoctrination practices of our government. Our younger generation will believe the first thing they're told because that's how they're programmed....even if it's wrong.

you mean "the_donald"?

I've been looking in to the flat earth theory for a few months now and I admit, there is a lot of compelling evidence that is constantly observable. There are a few things that don't quite add up, but the same is true for the heliocentric model.

In my opinion, there is no reason to be closed minded to anything. I'd rather learn as much as possible -- see all sides of the story and formulate my own opinions.

The Antarctic Treaty, Operation Highjump, Operation Paperclip, and lots of other things are very interesting and do prompt certain questions. Not to mention the obvious bullshittery that NASA has been up to since the 60s.

I would advise everyone to look in to it for yourself and formulate your own opinions.

P.S. It gets even more interesting if you look at the flat earth theory from a biblical perspective.

Gr8 b8 m8

The answer to that is actually very easy.

you're not wrong but how about taking it a step further
i'd advise you to look into "flat earth theory debunked" and then report back

Well, aside from the fact that the flat earth models are physically impossible, sure.

It is literally impossible for any of the solar and lunar phenomena to occur with a flat earth model of any kind.

You obviously haven't done your homework mate.

youtube.com/watch?v=n4GmeI2omfM&t=245s

Mountains.

Paperclip? Really?

How did you equate that to "The earth is flat"?

I've watched a lot of the debunker videos. A lot of them just seem angry that someone is challenging their point of view -- similar to the radical left.

Also, hello from Sup Forums. :)

Why does every shithead conspiracy theorist tell everyone to "do your research"?

Because if you aren't willing to actually put forth the effort to seek knowledge, you aren't worthy of it.

autism seems to be gaining popularity too in the upcoming generations

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Paperclip

It's not a literal paperclip. Is your IQ really that low?

Fuck off you pretentious moron.

I know what it is you idiot. It has nothing to do with a flat earth.

>Sup Forums literally thinks the earth is flat
Good to know I should never go there.

Same reason Trump won: retards.

>resorts to ad hominem
Not surprising.

Because that way you fall for their stupid attempts at brainwashing.

If you actually do any research, as in scientific analysis, you can't fall for their verbose arguments based on nothing more than flimflammery and feels. thgey rely on your lack of access to scientific material and your inability to read scientific journals to make it sound like they are reasonable people.

Hint: they're liars and idiots.

You just said
>Is your IQ really that low?

No, not the whole of Sup Forums believes this. But we do usually have some pretty good threads over there about such things.

In before both of you have to google "ad hominem"

Exactly

I was posing a question, not making an assumption. ;)

Bersh barsh you must be a LEFT PERSON, if you just do your research and do all my work for me, you'll be ready to buy my new ANTI LEFT WATER, it will save your industrial job if you buy it for only 40 dollars a litre!

Are you attempting to claim that Sup Forums posters do not insult other people when posting?

Shut up faggot

The horizon is proof of the earth's curvature you retard
>inb4 merely pretending

You can debunk flat earth with ridiculous ease. There's dozens of simple ways to prove it's impossible.

Honestly, it depends on the thread. You're going to have trolls no matter what board you go to.

Yeah. Trolls.

That's it.

No, it's the limit of your vision.

youtube.com/watch?v=GrihjP5tTTM

Are you pretending to be retarded, or are you a little autistic?

easy bait for newfags

Explain how a flat world could form naturally while all other planets and moons are round.

The planets and stars are a projection on the firmament, or the dome that is over the flat earth.

If you think I'm a faggot for mentioning a dome over the earth, look in to Operation Fishbowl.

Flat earth is incompatible with Newton's gravity law.

>Why has it been gaining popularity for the last few years?

Dumbness

Gravity is not proven. It is a theory.

I said naturally, not "muh bible"

>I don't know what a theory is

A different choice of wording doesn't amount to a different statement. Sure, you can be delusional enough to convince yourself that you did say something else, but objectively, you didn't. By the way differentfag here. Also, you can feel free to hide behind the term "ad hominem" like the good little emotional nerd that you are, but "at the end of the the day", the word "idiot" only serves to reinforce his point, which you've made sure to substantiate.

It's not just in the bible. It's in plenty of historical religious texts. But you don't want to take the time to look in to things yourself.

How can you actually learn anything when you already know it all?

Going full autist because someone is challenging your opinion?

>some old myths said it!

I've stated no opinion, only cold hard facts.

I used to watch that guy because it was hilarious listening to his shitty arguments and watching him get worked up. Then I realized I was giving him views so I had to stop

he's just a conman looking to make a buck anyway

I'm sure that's how you see it. But, objectively, you are wrong.

He is a professional water treatment expert.

Dude, if all the religious texts were only made nowadays, they'd all have common grounds as well.
All of them would mention other planets, the end of this planet, our past and some more shit about space and technology.

kek

no doubt you are correct

Gravity is a theory and law, both. One term doesnt exclude the other term.

well, if anything you have taught me that it's possible to be open minded and still retarded
i don't even mean that in an agressive way, im just speaking bluntly
im sure u feel the same way about me, so no need to tell me

same reason the concept of gender being tied to the sex organ is being questioned.

Because they did not love the truth. They were given over to the lie.

Guys,does it matter if it is round or flat?
It always goes like this:

-Earth is round
>MUH FLATNESS,MUH CONTRADICTIONS, MUH BIBLE
-Earth is flat
>MUH ROUNDNESS, MUH NASA, MUH CONTRADICTIONS

Theory - a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena

Law - a general relation proved or assumed to hold between mathematical or logical expressions.

Theories are not proven. Laws are proven. They are mutually exclusive. A proven theory becomes a law.

It irritates me when people call out the theory of evolution or gravity and say "it's just a theory." Do you know what an idea has to go through to become scientific theory? Don't let the name fool you. A scientific theory doesn't become theory until it is documented and retested by thousands of independent scientists over decades and they all come up with the exact same result. The theory of gravity is fact you fucking idiot. They just don't want to call it that because there is always the possibility of new information being discovered and having to adjust our views.

Because people keep getting stupider.

you can't have an opinion on science.

you remind me of this guy

It's only appeared to been growing in popularity because there is more need to paint legitimate opposition to the establishment as crazy in order to sway public opinion.

By constantly shill-posting and convincing others they disagree with of it, they effectively lump all people of the same group into it.

This leads to belief in stereotypes such as "all critics/skeptics of government action are conspiracy theorists, and all conspiracy theorists are insane"

The people who are posting about flat earth are either useful idiots or paid shills of the powers that be. It's a form of controlled opposition.