Can we take a moment to appreciate how important these guys are to modern music?

Can we take a moment to appreciate how important these guys are to modern music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5_slpF1H7vw
youtube.com/watch?v=rX8NMaGEs6g&t=173s
youtube.com/watch?v=U3wI_eYCI6M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

im appreciating all the throbbing gristle talk on Sup Forums lately

one of my favourite bands

>no coil
>no autechre
>no opn

>autechre
>important
I miss being 14

Does mu know about the performance art stuff they have done? The taking of human eggs and injecting them into eggs

They really arent.

le

Sleazy was great
Rest of em are talentless cunts/cuck

>Chris Carter
>Talentless
ok buddy

Discipline fucking slays. The logical sequel to Sister Ray.

>Slug Bait

Don't forget Miss Fortune and Frankie Teardrop
The four are deserving of similar reverence

oooooohhhhhhhhhh yes they are.

Yes, yes they are so.

Recently, I purchased pic related, which is a very solid re-issue. This represents a transitional period between some earlier associated acts, and the then-emerging Coil.

Basically it's Peter variously mixing a live show and other tracks, and John (Balance) and some other folks, another of whom is also named John. John (Balance), being John, was getting up to all sorts of degeneracy as always, including "art performances" which are closely related to what you're talking about, though not the same thing I don't think (COUM etc). Here we have Balance doing stuff with blood and other goop while Marc Almond (yes!) reads some awful bitchy catty gay poetry or something. At some point, Marc Almond was involved with making an EXTREMELY racy/kinky video for the song "Sex Dwarf"; I have to imagine that he had this type of thing in mind when the video was being made.

The nice thing about the above re-issue is that it re-instates the original track titles and (pretty much, I guess) the tracklisting of the original Nekrophile cassette. This was disrupted a bit in the re-issues.

There's literally no one more relevant than Autechre today.

link I meant to include in this post:

youtube.com/watch?v=5_slpF1H7vw

I guarantee they'll be forgotten in 30 years though. Numerous other artists have had a bigger impact on techno.

They might be relegated to a footnote but they definitely won't be forgotten. They've been active for going on 30 years, and their association with more "popular" acts like AFX is too strong for people to just up and TOTALLY forget about them in only 30 years. Give it a century+ for that type of thing.

They're also one of the main workhorses of their record label, steady as fuck, you can mark time by it: every two-three years or so, an Autechre album comes out, with a more-or-less companion EP.

Strongly doubt about it. They'll continue to craft their music and their sound even further, they are brilliant patchers, amongst the finest of Max. In a world of electronic music where everyone uses this program always in the same way, they took the whole thing to another level. Their possibilities are going to be even more huge in the future.

youtube.com/watch?v=rX8NMaGEs6g&t=173s

Are they really that good?
I mean I saw this album the other day and it sounds great!

I LOVE Jazz Funk! This is gonna be awesome!

This. If nothing else, they'll be remembered as an important entity within warp which is a significant enough label that it'll be remembered.

Oh damn. I knew Coil covered tainted love, but I didn't know they were that close with Marc Almond

>Psychic TV
>Talentless
ok buddy

I should clarify that the album itself does not musically involve Marc at all. However, at pretty much exactly the same time (1983) that the album was being made, John was also doing degenerate art performances (the youtube link), and Marc did directly collaborate on that, at least once.

The "Tainted Love" cover does make a lot more sense, now that you emphasize that. A cover of a cover!

youtube.com/watch?v=U3wI_eYCI6M

this

>genesis
>hack

Genesis can't play for shit. Pretending to play guitar, bass and violing just to make noise =/= talent. Congos are for plebs and anyone can play them.

Gen is a hack and talentless, like ir or not.

Sleazy was a pedo and probs fucked kids while recording TG and Coil material.

Chris Carter was the only one with talent.

Genesis objectively ruined every TG song with vocals

it was gen who got caught with videos not sleazy

>Sleazy was a pedo and probs fucked kids while recording TG and Coil material
oh hey montie turn your trip on!