Does b believe in evolution?

does b believe in evolution?

Other urls found in this thread:

thehumanist.com/commentary/creationist-finds-sixty-million-year-old-fossils-but-doesnt-change-his-mind
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do i believe in facts?

im asking the questions here

How is it even debated at this point?

ya it could be anything op

i ask because someone at work said they don't believe it. I was not in the mood for debating her but wish I did now.

I belive in microevolution because of the observable process. I'm a little iffy on macroevolution. I don't fully disbelieve it. I just think that the supporting evidence is a bit weak and forced.

what a waste of trips

It's not worth it to argue. It's not a complicated concept, but people can't seem to move past "loooolll I dint cum from no monkey" opinion.

Belief in Macroevolution is just as much a religion as belief in an intelligent designer. There is evidence to potentially support both, but it's a mediocre theory at best.

on what points if i may ask?

believing in facts is irrational. i just take facts as given.

Except all evidence ever collected points towards macroevolution, and none point towards intelligent design.

No i don't

Apes look just like niggers tho. So its not that hard.

Agreed. Abby Road is THE God tier album.

It's fucking bullshit, how come there are still monkeys around to this day?

No written observation of evolution from one species into another exists to my knowledge. Of course the overwhelming argument is that humans were incapable of written language. But even during recorded history, we haven't observed that kind of change.

Except the lack of transitional beings with extreme mutations

Then why diddnt other land mammals evolve to be as smart as us.

It's not a matter of believing, it's proven

What is divergent evolutionary paths?

Chihuahuas and Great Danes. They cannot mate on their own, yet are still the same species. Given time (hundreds of thousands of years, perhaps, or a few more centuries of selective breeding), they would become their own species on their own.

That's because natural changes in species take time on the geological scale.

Diet, specialization, and brain structure.

Do you believe in God?

Where in the bible does it say that all creatures were created as they are and cannot change?

The only evolution Sup Forums believes in is from man to trap.

God created the earth, so no

I haven't met those three guys in the center hun ;)

It's a pointless argument, really. If somebody isn't convinced by 200 years of evidence and scrutiny then a ten minute browbeating by you or me isn't going to help.

This might seem simple minded, but a don't subscribe to the "with enough time..." statement. It seems to contradict the second law of thermodynamics.

Plus it makes more sense to me that I am the product of something much smarter and more powerful than I. A car doesn't come into being given infinite time. It was made by man. And a man is a much more complex machine than a car.

They are extinct hun ;) if they weren't then we wouldn't be here

That one in the middle is definitely Alex from down my local.

NO FUCK U . NOTHING IS REAL. WE ARE NOTHING. WE ARE MERE PEASANTS IN AN ULTIMATE GALAXY THAT HAS A PLAN FOR FUN AND FUCK U.
dear mother earth: please end our exist. the human race has failed you. destroy us immediatly

That's because they died out, hun. Or did you expect individuals to live hundreds of thousands of years?

too short a time period. but the genetic evidence is conclusive - we share genetic material with other species.

where are the 4 people in between that picture today? i think monkeys apes were given a bad hand genetics wise, we were always human

Yeah, the watchmaker thing, but a human-centric view of the universe is pretty weak since we've been here for about 12 seconds.

>bible

im sorry i didnt know you're on Bible level

>. It seems to contradict the second law of thermodynamics.

no it doesn't.

but tell me how you think it does...

We do share generic material, but this is not am argument that contradicts the existence of a common creator.

Some computer programs share lines of code, but that are still programmed by a person.

They brought up God, I meanly asked for where their argument came from.

I shouldn't be laughing this hard

>All Christians secretly believe in evolution

>get called out on stupid argument
>"It was only bait"
People like you are why the "I was only pretending to be retarded" meme exists.

Which is why I don't disbelieve in evolution. I just think it's foolish to reject discussion with those who belive in a creator. After all, what do we know?

How open minded of you

On that I can't disagree. Though if there is a creator there's too much evidence that It created us through the processes of evolution to dismiss.

The creator was a lazyfuck who reused the same formula. He even gave acuatic life handbones and earmuscles to humans.
What a lazyfuck. I like him.

A surprising amount, actually. We've worked out the fundamental basics of matter, developed workable theories for the creation of the universe, found evidence as to the earliest forms of life, and plotted our evolutionary history back tens of millions of years, if not further.

HHahahahahhahaa!
Not him but that's hilarious!

Not a belief.

we gotta give the kid a start

The whole thread is b8 you retard.

>" "
>

That picture isn't even close to accurate, but yes I believe in evolution.

Your face is bait.

The classic "I'm not retarded, you're retard" argument.

kek no words required

Humans breed animals to bring out and strengthen certain traits to suit human purposes and desires.
They do this for centuries. Eons.
They deny the same thing could happen in the wild as part of natural selection while it happens around them.

This, my friend, is microevolution. Almost nobody denies this process

gj kid!

The message you are replying to was my first post in the thread. Seriously I'm here to laugh at people who are stupid enough to take this bait. What are you doing here bud?

Jesus did

/thread

That Calgary dude who dug up dinosaur fossils in his own backyard and adamantly claimed they were a couple thousand years old.

soooo...nothing created everything?

Hello newfriend, you must not know the definition of microevolution.

I believe in Culthulu.
Your reptilian mind traps wont work on mr ben jewson

I'm an anthropology major, so I would very much hope so.

what is passed off as evolution is actually adaptation

sooo when did u become a BELIEVER in evolution?

There is no need for a discussion if evolution exists. The only (ONLY) reason for doubting evolution are religious ones. But an attitude which was not accepted by arguments can not be changed by arguments.

Forget her. The worlds turns on without her accepting evolution. Every discussion is a waste of time, I found out years before.

I'm guessing it means
"Well in the face of obvious evidence, let's only admit it happens on a small timescale."
thehumanist.com/commentary/creationist-finds-sixty-million-year-old-fossils-but-doesnt-change-his-mind
What I really want to know is, do you defend link related idiot.

That's got to be a message from God if there ever was one.

...how do you we know that fossils are sixty million years old? were told thats how the dating system works. no agreement...just told. thats not science. science is observable. we have 6k years of recorded observable science...no change.

Science tells us nylon stockings and spandex leggings were created in petro chemical company labratories, but how do we know they weren't really created by Satan to make us masturbate?

yep.

you have a problem with that? (cos if you have then you have to answer the third man argument...)

really, we have 6000 years of recorded science? I want to see those records from 2000 or 4000bc are they in the local library?

although - we have scientific data now that shows how radioactive material decays over time, and there is no plausible reason to think that has changed - why and how could it change? - so we can extrapolate to dates before we were born, and make observations now that date rocks back millions of years.

or would you like to make all science only what you personally can see (in which case no dna, or any microscopic organisms or things because you would need to use a microscope..)

I've been to this throat killing argument before, with a religious coworker. The dude was just sure God created everything 6000 years ago, and that all religions but his own are wrong.
Arguing with him was a mistake, because it really lead nowhere. These people refuse to understand just like you'd refuse the notion of an invisible almighty being speaking the world into existence in 6 days. They call their bible "evidence", they count on their priests or rabbis like you do with scientists.

It's just pointless. Just say "whatever" and switch topics.