ITT: The absolute lowest point in an artist's career

Post those albums that are just inexcusably pathetic.

Other urls found in this thread:

youmustrememberthispodcast.com/episodes/youmustrememberthispodcastblog/you-must-remember-this-episode-2-frank-sinatra-in
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

come now it wasn't that bad.

Although maybe Lulu was even worse, lowest point both for Metallica and Lou Reed.

It was still their worse

The 2005-2010 period as a whole was a huge and sad low-point for Weezer.

Not even.

lowest point, but not due to lack of creativity.

I wonder if there's half as much debate about which is their worst as there is about which is their best?

Yes

I get that it is hard to make a second album, but GOD DAMN. This was just two good songs and reusing the amazing formula the first album used.

That album is amazing.
With Twilight As My Guide and Copernicus are some of their best songs.

Was it really worse than metal machine music
I haven't listened to it yet

Am I really the only person on this godforsaken board who enjoyed If You're Wondering If I Want You To (I Want You To)?

Black on both sides still my favourite album.
The ecstatic is great but my god this made me question my life,
although I think he did it to fulfill his contract on G.O.O.D music

BEVERLY HILLS

Metal Machine Music is his best

Keepin' The Summer Alive was worse.

Fuck you, that song rules.

Yeah MGMT and Foster the People both had a hard time on the second album as well

Hopefully, Bloc Party can get the chemistry right with its new members. "Stunt Queen" showed promise for their next album.

Raditude was really the low point. I enjoyed a few songs on make believe. The White Album is my second favorite right next to the Blue Album.

all terrible

i would say painting with

This has to be the nearest thing there is to a completely pointless Stones album with absolutely no reason for its existence.

Either pic related or Recovery

>band is broken up
>scrub guitarists filling in for Perry and Whitford
>Steven Tyler totally wasted from drugs
>album sells about 30 copies

fuck off

this

...take it back. you take it back, user

>MGMT

?????

i think you mean literally every release by them

You are not implying the self-titled album and congratulations were good....

Bio [Chess, 1973]

You know how Willie Mays was one of the greatest baseball players in history, but just can't cut it anymore? I feel the same way about Chuck Berry. D+

apologize

>that fucking bobs burgers shirt

It spawned Level Five which is amazing so I give this album a pass.

It's pretty fucking terrible that My Ding A Ling was his only Top 10 hit because that's an embarrassing song (before anyone points it out, yeah I know it wasn't on Bio). Chuck pushing 50 was too old to be singing about Little Chuck.

My fucking man

honestly The Power to Believe is worse

I like every song on there except Frakctured and Heaven and Earth, fight me

Imagine a middle-aged alcoholic man rambling for 70 minutes about the government poisoning us with chemtrails and how kids these days suck and need to get off his lawn.

Uh congratulations is awesome. What's wrong with it?

This has suddenly become one of my favourite albums and I can't really explain why. Maybe the drugs.

But God damn is it gorgeous.

don henley's gonna tell me how to feel about the environment? i don't think so, okay

i have two words for don henley:

joe

walsh

OKAYYY?

desu

they don't need to. both of those albums are shite

The songs were all paced the same. The whole album was over produced. The lyrics were lackluster and each song ran on way too long.

The whole album sounds like one monotonous song.

The first disc is Frank going through the ol' Tin Pan Alley canon. Here he's in his element and as usual, covers these songs brilliantly.

The second disc has a bunch of experiments with a modern (ie. 1970s) pop sound that don't really fit him, although they still manage to be interesting.

The third disc is the embarrassing part where Frank takes us on a voyage through the Solar System. Apparently his songwriting team thought that him sounding like Styx or Rush was a good idea. You can tell from his delivery that he knows this material is retarded as fuck and he can barely choke the words out.

opposite day

*blocks your path*
*jumps towards you*

If you took Beverly Hills off Make Believe, would be a lot better of an album.

>In an interview with the New York Post in October 1978, Sinatra said "There's still good music out there if you know where to look. My guys will come up to me and say 'We tried, but there's nothing around anymore except teenager stuff.' and I'll say 'Well then maybe I should hire some teenagers to write songs for me.'"

I wonder if Frank's songwriters didn't take his remarks a little too literally. They probably put on a Starcastle album and decided "Yeah, we should do this. Show how down with the kids we are."

Spitfire was a lot better then this terrible album.

At least it got some good remixes

Actually one of their best, exact opposite of The Razors Edge's dirty tones

YOU TAKE THAT BACK MOTHERFUCKER!

A P O L O G I Z E

>There's still good music out there if you know where to look.

frank was the original Sup Forumsfag damn

>not knowing AC/DC's true darkest moment

There is no explanation
There is no excuse

Makes Celtic Frost's Cold Lake sound like Welcome To Hell

Jesus you don't have to put all caps on

Sure there are some good songs but there's plenty of albums that are better.
Here's a list

Mat zo-Self assemble

Madeon-Adventure(Similar but less cheesy)

Deadmau5-For lack of a better name

Moody good-Moody good

Chase & Status-No more idols

Camo & Krooked-Zeitgeist

for sure their worst album but pathetic is a bit much

In my opinion this, Flick of the Switch and Fly on the Wall are their albums that are actually bad.

better than painting with imo
and painting with is still a 7

both musically and personally

This was better than their first hello?
This is in my top 5 albums

Grad was worse than these
His least creative by far

I can see thinking TLOP was a low point
808s changed music. Lots of popular artists today wouldn't be the same without 808s

it's so fucking trash

they got progressively worse as time went on, and weren't that great to start with

what is with NME and latching on to punk-ish shitty Brit bands and trying to make them out as the next Beatles?

Why...

You like their latest record then?
TLOP is unironically contains all of his best songs but also some of his worst

this man gets it.

Agreed. Very disappointing record

No. Construktion of Light is full of Belew's masturbatory bullshit. Power to Believe is much more solid.

cool bait

Wtf this was great. it's also one of their most popular albums to date.

Major disappointment after Nocturne.

Hope Tatum bounces back.

Yeah. You're trippin' Pippin. That's a good album.

This album is unforgivably boring.

Okay, I'm a Sinatra maniac, so lemme get real here: Objectively, The Future (part 3) is not a good piece. That said, it's so fucking interesting that I could listen to it all day.

As far as "songwriting team", the whole third disc was the passion project of Gordon Jenkins, who was a close friend and frequent collaborator of Frank's, usually as the arranger for his torch song albums (Where Are You?/No One Cares/September of My Years). A lot of the music industry wasn't a fan of Jenkins because they thought he had too much of a melodramatic flair and an over-indulgence with chiche strings. Despite this, and the fact that his compositions were never as highly regarded as fellow Sinatra collaborators Nelson Riddle and Billy May, Sinatra always felt closest with Jenkins' compositions, likely because Sinatra always considered himself better as a saloon singer than a swinging pop star (despite his career highs in that area).

Anyway, Jenkins' put together the whole Future Suite because he believed that Frank was the only man who had ever been "as sad" as himself (paraphrasing here). Frank liked the idea, and actually stood by the final product in the face of criticism.

""You Must Remember This" actually has a pretty good episode about this that is a summary about the history of that album

youmustrememberthispodcast.com/episodes/youmustrememberthispodcastblog/you-must-remember-this-episode-2-frank-sinatra-in

Load/Reload is much worse

>Madeon-Adventure(Similar but less cheesy)

Maybe the best EDM album. Easily my favorite EDM live show I've seen.

the fuck were they thinking

this is why i still come to Sup Forums

What [what] ever [ever] do [do] you [you] mean [mean] ? [?]

Dystopia is terrible but it's not as embarrassing as Risk

Too obvious but surprised no one posted it yet.

Bon Jovi wannabe pop rock cheese with keyboards everywhere. Ugghhh...