Hello Sup Forumsros! I need your help

Hello Sup Forumsros! I need your help.

Pictured to the left is an image of in island that I would like to access. According to the rules, doing so is not allowed. Fuck the rules. For now, I plan on going alone.

Now, the only problem is getting there. If someone sees me floating over there, they will probably call 911. When it comes to where I'll enter, I have figured out. To enter from the east or west would be stupid. Both areas are in sight of the trail. From the north, you can see a patch of land sticking out. That area is really easy to access, and is mostly out of sight, but only during the summer, when ticks are all over and I wouldn't be going onto a grassy island with no trail. From the south, I would need to do a lot of travel over the water. I would also need to trudge through a bunch of (what will be) dead grass, and an area next to a busy road. On the bright side, nobody driving would notice me floating. That, I can guarantee. I'll have to do more deciding.

When it comes to floating over there, I have part, but not all the solution. I was thinking I could use an inflatable mattress and battery-powered pump as a flotation device. The only problem is that I don't have anything for propulsion. If anyone can suggest a makeshift paddle that will fit in a backpack and not garner too much attention, that would be appreciated.

And, hey. If I do get over to the island, I'll let you Sup Forumsros know. Thank you.

lol. bro just jump that creek and build a fucking fort already

yo man you should record it

Okay. Did you read my post?
Of course I will.

watch for sharks. they get alot of people escaping from that island

man up and construct a raft using objects located in the immediate vicinity. then after crossing use the raft to provide shelter. continue to live out the remainder of your life on this island and violently destroy trespassers.

I already have a raft. I don't think I can use grass for propulsion.

Take this route. Come up through that little draw looking thing, could be a hill, but the water there shouldn't be too deep. Probably still over your head but you can use a long stick you find along the way to push your raft across.

Why are you trying to access this island?

usa a paddle, that way it'll be quiet

this

why is it so important

This. All of this.

Where on earth is that place?

personally i would prepare a wet suit using garbage bags and duct tape. since the north route looks relatively shallow, simple traverse the water on foot and use a rope to pull along a raft carrying supplies. a proper garbage back wet suit is easily concealed and can be assembled in seconds.

What is the point OP?

I just want to see what's over there.

Maybe take a special one on a romantic picnic in the future.

I was thinking that would be the best option. The only problem is that the area is a prairie. There aren't any sticks just lying around. Even then, what if it breaks? I need something a bit more reliable.

I think trudging through wetlands eliminates the potential for romance.

It's in Midwestern America. I'll give you that much.

please answer these questions.

also if you want to not be seen when you enter the island you should take the longest route over the water, i guess it will be less checked

Only if you don't know what you're doing

There is a pretty fine line between water and land.
I did, dumbass. Look at

For your raft don't use a blowup mattress. Get a large pool inflatable. Shaped better for rafting. Get a collapsible paddle to put in your backpack.

Okay. Well, I'm broke.

I probably should have mentioned that.

Nigga you're broke because instead of getting a job you're out trying to cross a fucking creek so you can have a picnic with someone who doesn't exist

>raft
can't you like... swim?
take your shit with you in a sealed plastic bag. much less noticeable.

I was thinking of swiping a friend's badminton racket and hot-gluing pieces of tarp to both sides.
I live in the upper Midwest. I'll freeze to death if I try swimming. Plus, I don't want anyone to notice that I'll be soaking wet.

By "broke", I just mean that I'm very cheap. My significant other does not want material. Rather, adventure.

i was still typing before i refreshed the page and saw your post, fucking sorry that i'm a slow typer. but where the fuck are you located and why do you want to know what is on the island. you heard some rumors about it or what?

Nobody has been there for a while. I would like to have a look. I would rather not end up getting caught because I did something as dumb as giving away my location on Sup Forums.

You could bring your float out there at night, inflate it, and conceal it with brush or a green tarp or something like that. Then during the day, you could quickly cross the water on the more concealed side.

I'm not worried about transporting my raft. Everything I need can fit in a backpack.

Worst case is you gotta postpone getting to the island. Depending on where you live it may not be such a bad idea to wait anyway. Once the river freezes over you can walk out across the ice, if anyone asks what you're doing keep a roll of fishing line and some hooks in your bag, along with some kind of bait, that way you can say you were gonna chop a hole in the ice and go fishing.

Why not cross at night? 3 am, everyone is asleep. if you want to see it by daylight, put up a tent or just take a sleeping bag and sleep there.

Fishing isn't allowed without a shit-ton of permits. The river never really freezes over, anyway.

I would like to see.

Why don't you buy an inflatable boat? They are cheap and, you know, designed to ferry people on tranquil rivers and streams, especially in public recreation areas.

I already have an air mattress and battery-powered pump.

Yeah, you have something designed to operate on land, while stationary.

Instead of something designed to operate on water, while moving.

Your girl ain't gonna be impressed when your adventure literally flips upside down with you on it.