JAMES CAMERON BTFO THE FORCE AWAKENS

indiewire.com/2016/06/james-cameron-star-wars-episode-7-the-force-awakens-george-lucas-1201700523/

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJKtPJk3b2M

>In a video interview discovered on YouTube, Cameron was asked his opinion on the seventh installment — and, never a good sign, he started off by saying, “I don’t want to say too much about the film, because I also have a lot of respect for J.J. Abrams.” Uh oh.

>He elaborated: “I have to say that I felt that George’s group of six films had more innovative visual imagination. This film was more of a retrenchment to things you had seen before and characters you had seen before and it took a few baby steps forward with new characters.”

>The comment skirts an incredibly fine line, managing to call the prequels visually imaginative, but not necessarily calling them good — while also pointing out the major problems with “The Force Awakens,” but not necessarily calling it bad.

>Regardless, Cameron said he wants to “see where they go with it,” so perhaps Episode 8 can give him a new hope.

Its nice to see someone finally admit that TFA was watered down assembly-line garbage. Based James.

Everyone who's not a NERD XD knows this movie is bad, they're just afraid to say it.

this 2bh

>This is the man who shamelessly shilled Terminator: Genisys

He seriously has no right to talk about recycling material at this point, as much as I love him.

BASED JAMES

HOLY SHIT I'M HERE AT THE BEGINNING

OP SAW THAT THIS EXACT THREAD GOT REPLIES LAST TIME SO HE JUST HAD TO MAKE IT AGAIN

BECAUSE THERES SO MUCH MORE TO TALK ABOUT

HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT REPLIES ON Sup Forums STIMULATE THE SEGMENT OF YOUR BRAIN THAT ENJOYS HUMAN INTERACTION LIKE HAVING REAL FRIENDS

>GOAT movie of all time
>shit

reddit manchild pls go

Avatar is literally Pocahontas, how can this man talk about retrenchment

He's a libcuck who sucked the dick of Terminator Genisys

that is an honest critique

He supported Genisys for his friend Arnold. It's called a broship, something you shut-in autist cucks wouldn't understand.

he's right.

Can't sham the Cam.

Cameron. I see his point. I'll say this though. ILM is one of the greatest studios for visual effects. TFA didn't explore as imaginatively however the backgrounds and sounds were remarkable. I didnt leave the theater in fond of the story, the characters were shit. But at least it didn't lose the setting.

>Cameron

TFA was still better than Avatar. I can't even remember the name of the main character, that's how forgettable Cameron's newer movies are.

The Force Awakens is basically a Star Wars movie done by someone who only has a passing knowledge of Star Wars they've seen referenced in movies or TV shows and slogans printed on t-shirts.

we have a sterner name for it. and that name is TREASONOUSNESS

wait till he sees us laughing at him Sup Forumsbro

Literally our guy

its basically remake star wars for millennial retards

REMINDER
Force Awakens >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Old trilogy >>>>>>>>>>> SHIT >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Prequels

Weird, he praised Genisys after all.

>gay faglord detected

>enjoyed the prequels
>hasn't made a decent movie since 1994

I get the memes but Cameron seriously couldn't give less of a fuck about actual quality. He wouldn't have enjoyed TFA unless is introduced Smell-o-Vision or some other absolutely retarded THIS IS THE FUTURE gimmick

Why are you uploading pictures of yourself bro?

why do reddit hate on based Jim?

(OP)
TFA was not a piece of art, it was a product; that's fine and people can buy what they want, but to say it's anything more than that (e.g. "TFA is the best film of the year") is untrue and a willful display of the general public's ignorance of what makes movies good.

Cameron himself is a bit of a mixed bag when it comes to making good movies. Certainly a lot of his movies are culturally influential, and some are considered good (Aliens and Titanic), but as an artist he's fairly low down in any really comparative sense.

That being said, just because someone isn't an artist doesn't mean they can't have insights into art. In the same way, someone who hasn't made a lot of good movies can in some cases come up with insights into movies. In this sense Cameron is right - TFA was bad (even though he isn't outright saying so, for what should be very obvious work reasons).

But honestly everyone who knows anything about movies as an art form has already dismissed TFA as nothing special at all, and they have moved on and don't pay it any attention any more. It's only the plebs who eat this shit up who are still getting worked up over it. You think the heads of state give a shit what a local council does about a park? Likewise you think that pioneering biological research scientists give a shit about what some retarded creationist has to say about evolution?

Patricians shouldn't give their attention to shit like this. Patricians know what's bad and what's worthwhile, TFA is most definitely not the latter.

>tfw soon we will have to make up a new name for the 2018 generation

would it ok to just keep calling these useless trash kids millennials? everyone born from the 80s onward is a a piece of shit

>80s onward is a a piece of shit

i honestly wish we could 'pol pot' the lot of them and start fresh

5>4>3>6>2>1>7

>Patricians shouldn't give their attention to shit like this. Patricians know what's bad and what's worthwhile

:brofist:

Most of the kids you're labeling as Millennials aren't even proper Millenials which are 1980-2000 and you're confusing retarded post-Millennials who are social media vanity and mobile phone addicted retards.

I never know he has a gigantic jew beak

The Force Awakens did nothing wrong

you can make fun of us all you want, but patricians don't care lmao

you think the Rothschilds care if you laugh when a bank gets a fine of a few billion quid?

Avatar retreaded an established story in a brand new visionary universe.

TFA retreaded an established story in an already established universe.

holy shit, it's a super jew nose

100% this

Cameron's a goy though, unlike J. Gay Abrams

>someone finally admit

everyone has been saying this for years

disney throws around billions of dollars so people shill their movies in public

The whole point of the movie was to go back to the aesthetic and story of the first trilogy

Good goy. Defend cynicism and lack of ambition and creativity.

It's the greatest movie of all time that changed cinema forever.

0/10
You're just a butthurt hater

that's not defending cynicism lmao

cynics would hate the film because it's shitty and did what it set out to do poorly, and further criticise people who defended the shitfest that is TFA

Apologize

>Most of the kids you're labeling as Millennials aren't even proper Millenials

redditer detected
let's get the redditer bros

It was a reset so they could disregard the new trilogy, it can't be innovative but it set it up so they can do new things with the new movies, in the old universe

>you can make fun of us all you want, but patricians don't care lmao

That'd certainly explain why you're making such heavy weather of it.

Their approach to making TFA was incredibly cynical. They set out to pander and play it safe as much as possible, sacrificing any kind of artistic integrity, to maximise profits.

>it can't be innovative

Says who? There is no rule that says the first film in a trilogy has to be offensively safe and devoid of ideas. A movie that exists, and was intentionally made to be unapologetic, only in order to create a springboard for future instalments, is a shit movie.

I didn't see Force Awakens, but you have to keep in mind this is the guy who made Avatar, which was extremely milktoast garbage. Still, FA didn't look good either.

Also, he mocks it for not going anywhere new, but he praised Terminator Genysis.

Look at all these dumbasses. Star Wars fans are the biggest cunts I've ever seen. A true fan would appreciate the Force Awakens for going back to the roots of the original franchise. Star Wars is back and better than ever whether you want it or not

i hate that this guy has become the face of neckbeard memes everywhere, he's a really nice and cool dude

>better than ever

i have a hard time believing someone who lets themselves become a obese neckbeard is a "nice and cool dude" on the inside

this list is correct

Based Jimjam Cam

>Overwatch

As someone who thinks Avatar is mediocre at best.... I can't disagree with Cameron on this.

Also, and I can't believe I'm saying this....

Avatar > TFA far and away. At least the latter is, for the most part, competently made even with the cheesy dialogue and cardboard characters.

he basically just has this persona of a raging gamer that he does for fun. other than that he's a mostly level-headed, reasonable guy with some interesting videos. he is a bitch about his weight (usual excuses of I CAN'T REALLY WORK OUT IM TOO FAT FOR IT!) but other than that he is likable enough unless you believe being fat automatically makes somebody a bad person

You do realize it is the hardcore Star Wars fans that are giving this movie all its praise right?

It literally pandered so hard to them it was disgusting -- especially for a casual filmgoer like myself who just wants a well-made film.

The Force Awakens is mediocre at best, if not outright bad.

what drugs are you on and where can i get some

It is, but I have a bit more respect for Cameron for also calling out that equally piece of shit TFA.

Honestly, I'm sure Disney pays off critics and people in media to shill their films and whatnot (after all, the Force Awakens got a fucking 91% on RottenTomatoes)...

But the general public is basically turning into a Mickey Mouse cult. They'll throw all of their money at anything Disney, and I think a lot of it has to do with nostalgia.

Translation: Someone likes something that I don't. They must be getting paid

Of course it's all speculation unless someone drops a bombshell like what happened with Sony, but with the amount of praise Force Awakens got, it wouldn't surprise me.

BASED Cameron

Why is everyone named James so based? Rolfe, Cameron, and of course myself

have to agree. I walked out of the theater midway into the movie.

>insanely popular and long awaited new movie that was also better than the three turds that came before it get a lot of praise
>durrrrr must be da shills!

What was his name?

Disney doesn't pay critics, if they did why did Tomorrowland tank.

Also, rottentomatoes scores only show the amount of critics that would recommend the movie and for some critics would recommend a movie that's as low as 6/10.

Great film with great visuals and it has a great sci-fi feel to it, makes it feel like a dream and something completely new in todays brown/grey garbage.

Was refreshing to watch, can't wait for the sequels.

The flight sequence alone was amazing when he was learning to fly.

Becoming on of the Navi was an awesome scene.

Also the dead argument about pocahontas is stupid too because nobody even seen it, I havent and why would i watch some jewish cartoon anyway? You forget a lot of the new generation like me too havent seen those films you're refereing this ripped off, so it's always going to be stories like this in the future because they give a sense of hope and achievement.

But yea keep hating the film was awesome to me.

>Abrams getting FUCKED so hard that the fanboys have to try to bail him out

HOLY SHIT JJ EVEN WITH THE NERDS ON HIS SIDE SUCK FUCKING DONKEY DICKS

LELMAO, AVATAR BIGGEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME EVEN WITH REDDIT AGAINST THEM THE WHOLE WAY

KEKEKEKEK

JewJew getting BLOWN

THE

FUCK

OUT

FUCKING KEK

I JUST OVERHEAD A "STAR WARS" FAN MUTTER, "MUH BOYEGA WHABOUT MUH BOYEGA!"

FUCKING KEK

GLIB FASCIMILE confirmed for most embarrassing movie of all time

oh my FUCKING KEK

THIS IS EMBARASSING

JJ EXPOSED AGAAAAAIN BY IRON JIM
FUCKING KEK

>avatar beating both the numales and the reddit

KEK

BAsed!

That's true, but the Force Awakens has an average rating of 8.1/10.

Sorry, but there is no way in hell so many people can watch that movie and come away with that high of a score unless they were either paid shills or, and this is possible, they are such hardcore Star Wars fanboys that they loved the pandering and nostalgia and overlooked any other issues because 'muh childhood.'

SAVAGE
A
V
A
G
E

And? he is still right.

There are actually degenerates who think TFA is better than Avatar

Fucking scum

I can't wait till this piece of shit bombs and everyone realizes the only reason The Force Awakens was a hit is because of Harrison Ford's "Han Solo"

B L O W N
L
O
W
N

T H E
H
E

F U C K
U
C
K

O U T
U
T

They're blind, delusional fanboys.

They defend it because they fear by admitting how shit it is, despite how much JJ and Disney catered to their whims and desires, they'll have to admit perhaps they were too hard on Lucas and for all his many faults he isn't satan.

It seems like people forgive TFA for the same issues they shit on the prequels for.

1, 2, and 3 are much more creative, the story is more cohesive, and the characters are much better than TFA.

If your movie needs to fill in major plot issues with comics and books then it failed.

At least George made watchable films that were distinctly Star Wars, while being completely different than the OT.

>fill in major plot issues with comics and books

Don't forget comedy and action set-pieces. Disney seems to have figured out you can mask poor storytelling and bland filmmaking from the general public by throwing fun action set-pieces and funny moments at them.

Doesn't make the film any better, but it makes people forget issues and focus on the "fun" aspect.

Most people on Sup Forums now won't get this

>replying to your own posts
>implying you're not a redditor
>implying you were here when abatap still posted

>Its nice to see someone finally admit that TFA was watered down assembly-line garbage

But that's literally what everybody says about JJ Abrams and everything he's ever done.

The Force Awakens was in no shape or form better than Avatar.

At what point did we choose to let these anti-Cameron plebs feel welcome on our board?

I enjoyed Star Trek 2009.

This. Same shit happened with normies and Jurassic World.

Lol

seriously this.

Avatar actually has a cohesive story structure, decent pacing, clear motivational and narrative arcs for the characters, actually impressive action set pieces (which by the way the movie is not designed around, they happen organically), not to mention is much better directed. TFA fails on all those fronts.

Also extended cut of Avatar is legitimately a better film.

When I said I liked Cameron on here I got shit on.

How does it feel being retarded?

abatap called me a nigger once, I called him a dirty ruskie commie bastard and he called me a butthurt hater in return.

>the prequels were better than Episode 7!
contrarian faggots