Was regan a good president? my friend hates him like an Indian hates a paki...

was regan a good president? my friend hates him like an Indian hates a paki, but he's also indoctrinated to the 69th degree

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_Presidents_of_the_United_States
taxfoundation.org/article/2015-tax-brackets
krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/07/25/zombie-straw-men/
nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/2014/02/tax_foundation_propaganda_revealed_again_moran.html
cnbc.com/2016/03/11/tax-foundation-rates-tax-plans-who-comes-out-on-top.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He started off good, got shot and scared then became a cuck. Overall pretty good president but still cucked.

He was awful in every regard. He was bad as a conservative, inept as a moderate, and oppressive as a liberal. Glad his final days were spent suffering. He pretty much destroyed the US.

He correctly diagnosed the need for massive tax cuts and set an economic/tax paradigm for a generation...and when he did cut taxes, we had some really great growth in the 80s. But in retrospect, it looks like he went too far...looks to me like his legacy is this whole issue with widening income inequality. He cut taxes on rich, cut regulation, pursued policies that favored capital over labor. Low and behold, household income was totally flat for 20+ years after his paradigm shift.
But the crazy thing is that the people that really got btfo by these policies...the middle class white folks in flyover states....they worship the man.

I think he was OK. Not great. He did get us out of a economic mess and handled the Commies pretty well.

how so?

he was a doddering old fool with a hard-on for the end times and nuclear war with the Soviet Union.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_Presidents_of_the_United_States

Senile idiot who used an astrologer to make his decisions.

he got the job done at the time, and that's what he was supposed to do. he wasn't a bad president

B A I T

he bombed ghadafi without getting us involved in sand box bullshit
>he was a good president

N E W F A G

a newfag is one who replies with a legitimate response to bait

He was kind of an idiot, but he was a good reassuring public face for a country terrified of Mutually Assured Destruction. He took a few strong moral stands, which (mostly accidentally) worked out, particularly his opposition to the "Evil Empire", where his crazy spending on the arms race bankrupted the USSR about a decade early. And thanks to his amiability and rapport with Gorby, it ended peacefully. Reagan picked good advisors, and the economic boom that lasted through the 1990s is mostly due to the continuation of his policies by his successors (including Clinton, whose second term was economically Reaganesque).

I never liked the man, but he's easily the second most important president of the 20th century, after FDR.

>asking an unbiased question is bait
N E W F A G

well he got the wall down which inevitably led to daddy Putin becoming Russia's president so yea

made a bunch of shit economic decisions that look great in the short term but fuck up the economy in the long term. was lucky enough to be in office when USSR imploded.

Reagan lowered corporate taxes, and raised taxes on the middle class. Led to recession, a decimated middle class, the beginning of massive debt, and the failed drug war.

Just like Trump's going to do, and GW Bush did (which led to the 2007 collapse).

Bush Senior: "Read my lips! No new taxes!" - the next day, he raised taxes on the middle class.

Trump plans to do the same. And his "New drug war" under AG Jeff Sessions will put a lot of you in prison.

If you're not rich, or the owner of a corporation, you're a legitimate retard for voting Republican. Virtually every recession the US has seen? Under republicans.

>itt: people who weren't alive during Reagan, and who were in elementary school under GW.

>implying that under republicans = caused by republicans
Fuck off

Reagan was a dottering old puppet for Wall Street.

actually it was lbj's war on poverty that started the dept, and trump is lower taxes in all brackets but just because it's going to benifit the rich too the leftist are getting buthurt, and why are we retards for wanting our manufacturing base back that will be sure to be destroyed if we advance on economic globalism? the only people that vote Democrat are just people that wouldn't feel the direct effects of the loss of a manufacturing base which would be the worse thing that could happen to us, dems are just sheltered idiots that will put foreigners above Americans

republican economic policy.

you're very young, aren't you.

live a little. go to college. get off of stormfront/twitter/reddit.

the propaganda you're breathing reeks of anti-education, anti-science, and anti-intellectualism.

he was kind of shit.

yeah

He also ran an illegal war in Latin America, funding right wing death squads that raped tortured and killed people. he did this by illegal selling weapons to Iran, and funneling the money ( illegally again ) to Latin America. ISIS is pretty bad, but when I was a kid, reading about CIA interrogation of people in latin america used to be the worst thing I'd seen. lots of electrical cords wrapped around your nuts, which they would plug in. and raping wives and daughters in front of people to get them to talk.

He also cut funding for mental health facilities and you can still see the effects in large cities.

Not sure how to feel about Star Wars. was it a clever attempt to run the soviets into the ground in an arms race? or just some crazy fucking shit he wanted to do.

His opening move in office was to pretend he negotiated a release of the hostages, when it was really jimmy carter. His VP was the head of the CIA, which didn't turn out that great IMO. Maybe don't have the head of your secret police / espionage groups in positions of political power.

Trickle down economics was a lie, and set the stage for massive income equality.

No. He wasn't in my opinion. But being president is a difficult job.

>trump is lower taxes in all brackets but just because it's going to benifit the rich too the leftist are getting buthurt

I don't think you understand the issue - it isn't "they get more money back than us boo hoo hoo". It is that it massively cuts the budget - which means cuts in programs. We can have a discussion on if that is good or not, but in general the elite contribute the most to our government finances. when you vote to give them tax breaks you are mostly fucking yourself in the ass ( again, unless you are top 5% ).

It is like one kid trading saying.. hey give me that single $10 and I'll give you 4 $1 bills! see you will have more than before! 4 is more than 1!

And you eagerly take the 4 bills. It looks like you are coming out ahead ( more money! ) but you really aren't.

>wanting our manufacturing base back
look you arent ever getting it back. you need to wake up to that reality. Trump aint bringing it back. God himself isn't bringing it back. I'm sorry but it is true

>cuts defiicit in half

>dumbasses believe it because they are sheep to their jew media

so I don't have an exact number but I'm pretty sure thats actually opposite no? Obama has definitely doubled our deficit whether you libs think its bush's fault or not

Best president since WWII.

Trump's going to raise taxes on the middle class.

Guess who's going to benefit the most from Trump? Coastal elites. People like me.

Jobs? No. Automation won't bring jobs back. Carrier was a gimmick. A cheap, trump gimmick. Have you seen his cabinet picks? It's going to be a very hard 4 years for the (literally) poor idiots who elected him.

Healthcare? Gone. That doesn't affect us though - we can afford good health insurance.

Why do red state fools always - ALWAYS vote against their best interests.

hey it is sort of like this... imagine a 20 year old living with his parents..

he works at subway, and contributes $100 a month towards rent and food.

Parents contribute $10,000 each month between food / rent / mortgage / utilities

One day they decide they want to pay less each month. From now on everyone will pay 10% less!

you will pay $90, they will pay $9,000. you saved $10.

Well, now that means we have to cut some things out of the budget. $1010 dollars worth. So that means you no longer get to eat at home, and you have to pay your own utilities.

That is basically what happens.

actually you might be right - I posted that out of reflex. I have no idea if it is true.

Liberal logic at its finest right here.
Republican president has his policies enforced during his term and the economy rises.
Democratic president repeals these policy and the economy shits a brick.
>It has to be the republican policy flowing over into my presidency
How many cycles does it have to take to realize maybe if you just keep the god damn republic economic policies our economy would remain stable

>Why do red state fools always - ALWAYS vote against their best interests.

moral issues. god. fags. bathrooms. dumb shit.

8 years of reagan and 4 years of bush - tell me again how it is the dems fault?

I'm sorry I misread that.. can you please explain how the housing crisis and second great depression was obamas fault?

Red states are going to be that much worse off if they can do away with some of the safety nets. Meanwhile, Trump could potentially be one of the greatest things to happen to blue states, as they will finally get their share of the tax money.

Meanwhile, the geniuses in red states will blame their horrible condition on the fact that there are still a few dems in DC.

>Brownbackistan was only the beginning

Well the housing crisis was actually Clinton's fault with his fucked up loan policies.
I think you are retarded if you think we are in a second great depression. Also Obama is creating overqualified part time jobs instead of stimulating the ecnomy

more rich hate, less actual arguments, the rich already pay 50% of their income and taxes are the reason businesses are leaving, and our "poverty aid" just interrupted a free fall in poverty prior to 1964, from then on it's just been stagnating, and in fact in most us states you can live better on assistance than you could having a full time minimum wage job, that's one big fucking problem, assistance should be their so you just won't starve, not to let you live the high life. also, trump has already convince ford and carrier to bring back some jobs and convinced a Japanese man to just send jobs here, and still working hard to get more

Anyone who answers you is probably removed from the Reagan experience by the fact that they were born during the Clinton administration.

Precisely this.

And I hate to say it, but I'm glad that the red states will be hurt.

I live in a red state, and we can't even provide basic care for mentally ill, old, children, etc.

So sad to see the line of people for free food. protip - mostly white people. I have a friend who is seriously mentally ill, and every other thursday she goes to get donated food. wilted lettuce, expired canned food, etc. It is heart breaking.

wait did you just literally use the argument you were making fun of?

>It has to be the republican policy flowing over into my presidency

> rich already pay 50% of their income

source please.

see also, he isn't raising them, he's just getting rid of the head of family cut that won't matter because it will still be lower, and prove your elite status too, i'd love to see that

>in fact in most us states you can live better on assistance than you could having a full time minimum wage job, that's one big fucking problem

You say this is a fact, can you please source this? I'd like to know what state I can move to.

Reagan is the reason california is permanently blue.

Wow you're either Russian or a retard.

Either way kys.

That's the funny thing about this whole Trump Revolution: the skilled will continue to do well while the semi-skilled and unskilled will lose and will likely blame it on Mexicans.

>...."the rich pay 50% of their income."

we don't.

Yeah, that's untrue.

Most Fannie Mae loans didn't fail. The ones that failed were second and third mortgages- ones that poor people didn't typically get.

republicans/trump-retards don't know these facts.

1. The greatest recipient of welfare? corporations. by 90%

2. The next biggest recipient of welfare? Whites, in red states (not blue states).

What inconvenient facts for the retards' false narrative.

If you make over $150k you pay basically 50% in taxes bro
Your friends who are mentally ill (you probably should get new friends) are getting cheated out of the money they deserve cause all of the lazy minorities are taking all of the money from our fucked up welfare program. Thank you for coming over to the republican side mate

No one who makes over $150K pays 50% in taxes

I'm sorry, but that 50% is just made up. Can you please source that?

> lazy minorities are taking all of the money from our fucked up welfare program

This is a good tactic - you turn the poor against the poor.

>lazy minorities are taking all of the money from our fucked up welfare program
Let me ask you which you'd prefer:

>Work a low paying job and be on government assistance

>do nothing and be on government assistance

Raise minimum wage and put an end to subsidizing corporations.

Wait! So you are saying the only ones that failed were the ones that the entire policy was focused on getting?!?!?! Gee willy mister you showed me

People who caused the housing market failure were ones who could afford homes over $200K. Those weren't people who got Fannie/Freddie mortgages.

Fannie/Freddie had pretty good success rates. What screwed us was Countrywide, BofA, etc. And most of those who failed were homes with second and third mortgages.

taxfoundation.org/article/2015-tax-brackets

i was 10% off

You're the epitome of the trump-supporter.

Trash. Filth. Garbage. A liar.

You should be put up against a wall for your stupidity, "bro". I'd love to send you back to your 'god'.

>taxfoundation
>far right republican propaganda

god damn idiot.

That's a good source, mate. You have an infowars link though? That would probably be more reliable.

That's the nominal rate moron.

then show me where they don't same-fag?

You're talking to 3 different intelligent posters. You fucking retard.

God I hope there's a civil war.

They are highlighting Arkansas as doing anything right. Let that sink the fuck in.

ITT: Butthurt 18-25 year old libs that hate trump won and think Reagan was a worse president than Obama

Wow, you are a fucking idiot. I would say you deserve to die but your life is probably basically worthless anyway, not much use in wishing you dead lol.

This is probably the single most hilarious description of all-time.

Well done user.

There's at least two of us, genius.

>then show me where they don't
>show me
I need to cite a source to disprove a claim that you cannot back up? Seems legit.

>intelligent
>wants civil war

Pick one....

There is a reason no one listened to the right...

No. He sucked.

truth

>derp

i've already back up my claim, give a more credible source or anything

he was really good and is a good example to follow in that he appointed people who actually knew the job they were appointed to do then let them do it with no micromanagement such as do what i want or ill get someone who will. he also took what worked best regardless of which side it came from
reason he's looked down upon today (by the liberal side mostly) is because today's politics is so divided that working together is considered a bad thing. they may say otherwise but both sides want full control and dont want to work together or get people who will go against what the top guys want.

Oh haha, I'm sure that Liberalism just EMBODIES that dosen't it? Fucking Fool.

I'm the "nominal rate" guy.

First of all, if you're making $150K, you're probably itemizing your taxes. If you're paying 50%, you're a fucking retard. You've obviously not included deductions for child credit, student loan interest, etc.

I would venture a guess to say that absolute zero percent of people making $150K and above pay anywhere close to 50% because they'd probably be able to afford some kind of accountant who'd be able to hide some of that money from the Feds.

You fucking retard. A tax bracket works by taxing your income ABOVE a set amount (150k) at a certain rate, not your entire income. But obviously you don't make that much or you would know that.

Also it's;
28%: from $74,201 to $154,800
33%: from $154,801 to $336,550

Literally google "how tax brackets work"

>giving more money to the rich didn't work
>lets give more money to the poor
Theres a reason the rich are rich and the poor are poor. I'm all for helping people out that need help but there is no logical reason to give money and power to people who are stupid as shit and have no education or work ethic.

so you'd agree that the welfare states (red states) should be purged

>Average median household income adjusted for inflation rose $4000 under Reagan
>Widened income inequality

"Waaaaaah, everyone got wealthier but some people got wealthier than others!"

Here's an example of Nobel winning economist Paul Krugman saying they are full of shit.

Hell, look at where they get their funding.

krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/07/25/zombie-straw-men/

Here's some more for you to ignore too.
nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/2014/02/tax_foundation_propaganda_revealed_again_moran.html

This one cites Tax Foundation data that shows how Trump's plan is worse than Sanders's
cnbc.com/2016/03/11/tax-foundation-rates-tax-plans-who-comes-out-on-top.html

you're leaving out property taxes, sales taxes accrued over the course of the year, capital gains taxes etc. once you factor those in it gets pretty close to 50%. 33% is too much as is anyway.

(blue cities) Take more welfare money than any (red state). Think about that.

>Theres a reason the rich are rich and the poor are poor. I'm all for helping people out that need help but there is no logical reason to give money and power to people who are stupid as shit and have no education or work ethic.
You just described how the electoral college system favors red states.

LBJ, Truman, and Teddy Rosevelt were more important than him, but otherwise yes.

Majority of red states are uneducated, poor rednecks according to liberals

>capital gains taxes
are lower than income tax and people making $150k/yr aren't worried about them, because they get their income from actually working.

>(blue cities) Take more welfare money than any (red state). Think about that.
Blue cities have a higher population than red states. Think about that.

LBJ wasn't a bad President but if he didnt start the United Rainbow Gay Party America would have been so much better today and Europe would be a wasteland

>Majority of red states are uneducated, poor rednecks according to liberals
Name a red state that isn't.

I really don't feel like going through the list of the last electoral college winners right now but that also wasn't my point. I was responding to the post before and that contradicts everything he said

The man had the single most important domestic policy EVER in the united states except for FDR and Lincoln. There will never be another man who was as good at working congress to his advantage. Don't let politics cloud what the man accomplished, wether you agreed with it or not. Plenty of us think Reagan did far worse, but we still acknowledge his importance.

population of texas: 26.96 million
population of New York City: 8.406 million

you are leaving out how 1% structure business and investments to minimize taxes. Mit Romney paid 14% tax. Oh those poor 1%ers!

And something else - the really rich don't work. Income means shit compared to existing wealth.

Personally I think upper middle class gets hit the hardest. they vote for republican shit, thinking they wiull someday be elites, but it will never happen.

Sorry I didn't mean to come off as saying he was terrible. He of course was very impactful and did a shit ton as president. I just believe that the whole globilzation trend the world is on right now was started by the stupid ass UN and has no place in politics. Countries are different countries for a reason and we all thrive on competition. The UN would have been better set up as the United Nations of the Red Cross and would just be a donation for poor and sick people of the world

You are forgetting that to minimize those taxes to quite that low, he is giving back to charity and investing in other businesses. Its not like hes just getting the money dude

no who you are replying to, but NYC has more people then alaska, montana wyoming and both dakotas combined.

it was a comparison of the largest city to the largest state fuckwad

No worries, I wasn't trying to imply that you did.

And this whole conversation is making me never want to go back to red dit again. That place has become a hell hole of political screaming and partisanship.

That isn't how he gets it that low. but even so - investing ( and making a profit ) isn't really "giving back" and it isn't anywhere near as much as if the govt just got the straight cash.

It has to do with capital gains - profit from stocks, etc this is very focused on the rich and elite, who own what, like 40% of the stock?

yes I know, but the person you were replying to didn't say that. I'm glad you found an example where he was wrong, and I'm proving some examples of why he was right.

no need to resort to name calling, cunt bag.

Please. We all know blue states contribute more to the economy than red states. And that cities power the economies of those blue states (and red states).