Hey, guys. How can I play the XBOX One without internet connection? First screen it asks to connects to the network...

Hey, guys. How can I play the XBOX One without internet connection? First screen it asks to connects to the network, but where I live there is no internet connection. It won't even play blu-rays. Bought it 3 months ago and still haven't played it.

Other urls found in this thread:

support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/console/system-updates-solution
youtube.com/watch?v=hkDD03yeLnU
youtube.com/watch?v=pA8DdkM2Wqo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You can't.

Play offline you tard

You NEED internet

If you have a cell phone that can do it, tether to the phone's network connection via wi-fi.

If you have less than a 3G connection it's gonna be slow as dial-up though...

I'll try that, thanks.

What a piece of shit.

You need the internet for the initial update, after you can play offline.

I don't have it. And my cellphone can't share internet.

Same problem here. Last summer my family went the country and I bought a XBOX One and some games for the trip because it would be boring and there's not much to do there. When I got there I discovered that XBOX One is pretty much useless without internet, even with my singleplayer games. Goes without saying how much I hate MS since then.

search for game's that include the initial download
and use google nigger
what tipe of phone you got there?

Well, there are a few, pay-as-you go wireless internet solutions out there.

Or, just take it somewhere where you CAN get internet, say a bud's house, do the setup then take it home.

So If I don't have internet I can't play XBOX One?

Is there a xfinitywifi Hotspot around you?
I could give you an account i know

No, I'm at a farm.

If you have android Google foxfi modded apk

That will let you use your data as Hotspot

Download the Offline System Updates, and stick them on a USB.

support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/console/system-updates-solution

>download the offline system updates
>download

He doesn't have Internet dumbass

You still need to do the activation process online on the console (signing into a Microsoft account is mandatory).

just take it to a friends house with internet to update it and download the bluray player then you're good to go.

Lol, I can't drive. Guess I'm stuck with this paperweight for some more months.

Ship it to me ill do it bro

Use your phone's connection. Enable WiFi Hotspot or something like that

Should've built a pc.

then how is he on Sup Forums?

Cant drive?
Confirmed under 18
Gtfo Sup Forums kid

Cellphone's 3g.

Haha, I sold mine exactly because of that bullshit.

Worst idea ever, made me abandon games pretty much except for the rare PC game.

No, actually I'm disabled. I'm sitting at a wheelchair right now. I bought this console because it gets rea boring down here when I am at the farm.

Confirmed CIA.

"At the farm:"

How MS is supposed to spy on you if the console is disconnected?

>Following the rules

99% of the time you are using the Xbox at home with internet access.

Literally megabytes of traffic to microsoft when idle I notice.

I want to play offline, while using my PC.

I will not use wireless, wireless is for faggots who like packet loss.

The only thing I want internet to, is my PC. If I wanted to be a faggot, I'd get wireless and use both, however, I'm not. Sure I could get a router, but it still takes away from my PC up/down. How the fuck am I supposed to run my activities whilst losing packets?

>implying anyone here is over 18. fag

also, op. If you have no internet how you create thread? shit dont add up.

what activities are you talking about?

You don't get packet loss on wifi. It's absolutely fine unless your signal is weak. I'm getting like 50mb/s speed when downloading games on wifi. Forza Horizon 3 works fine online too over wifi. Just use wifi. The antenna is far superior to PS4's shitty wifi.

Fun ones.

You do not understand networking, your point is moot.

>wifi
>no packet loss
kys

So download them with that then.

FFS.

My Xbox One doesn't report any packet loss over wifi. Seeing as you just want it for single player games then wifi is a good option. As I said, download speeds are good enough on wifi and Netflix, Youtube all stream fine in HD. I actually had packet loss on powerline ethernet so abandoned that shit.

>my xbox one does report packet loss over wifi

Help my fuck, kys.

>cost 3 times more than a console just to have a shitty pc
>more money for monitor/keyboard/mouse
>constantly getting shit on by nerds with 3k pcs and 120 fps
>hackers
>gets slower each month
>must buy new components every year at least, otherwise games won't run for shit
>no way near the reliability of XBL
>can get viruses/other shit
>devs 80% of the times don't give a shit about optimizing the game so games run like shit unless $3k pc
>>>>>>pc masterrace

Yeah nice meme.

I bet you play some shitty ass game that came out 5 years ago or even sooner (LoL, WoW, dota, CS:GO.... every pc fag plays the same shit since forever)

Try to build a pc with the same HW in a console and try to run a game on it
It won't run half as good as it does on console

Haha...You are a funny user, troll or not. that's some funny shit.

In case you aren't trolling, look at exactly what you said compared to what I stated, even in best case scenario, it is stealing bandwidth from my PC. You're wrong about not losing packets BTW, but in best case scenario, it still steals bandwidth.

If you expected to play games like battlefield, well that's not gonna work on any platform. How I do it: sign into account and disconnect internet. Then pop in the disc and you can play single player. Proof: Did it all last summer with DR3.

To be clear, are you stating you can't get viruses from XB1?

KEK.

It's sort of like the "You can't get viruses on Linux".

You can't get windows viruses on Linux, and you can't get Linux viruses on windows. Both, can still get viruses, just like your xbox one.

trips incoming

Use QoS in a router. Are you on 56k internet? Because home internet connections are intended to be used by multiple devices. Just don't use network intensive apps on the Xbox. Most of the time you're talking maybe 10 MB an hour.

Still can't comprehend what I am saying.

There is packet loss, and just because it's not too bad, doesn't mean it doesn't have side effects...like being protected by a reasonably easy to crack WPA2

>being retarded enough to get a virus
>thinking computers magically get slower over time

Packet loss only happens if the signal is poor or interrupted, which wouldn't happen unless you hijack the wireless frequency. I have kept my Xbox One on for like 12 hours playing online and 0% packet loss reported in the settings of the Xbox.

A console has sandboxed apps and a firewall so no. You can't put anything on the console hard drive that isn't approved by Microsoft.

>>hich wouldn't happen unless you hijack the wireless frequency

youtube.com/watch?v=hkDD03yeLnU

If there is why would it matter? Xbox Live actually disconnects you for regular packet loss. It wouldn't matter if you are downloading games and not playing online.

WPA2. My computer would not be secure, It would be an unnecessary risk.

Stop talking shit.

MAC address filter or go home. amirite?

Haha, kek.

Wtf are you talking about
You can't install anything but original software from the only store there is
They very easily get slower if you don't update your hardware (more money) and keep hard disk empty
Funny how you can't prove me wrong about what i said

"cost 3 times more than a console just to have a shitty pc"
>"Shitty", boy, if you actually knew how to build one, and budget yourself on picking out parts, which there are dozens of websites like newegg that can give you a 4k machine for less than $1k,

"more money for monitor/keyboard/mouse"
>Buy a cheap mouse and keyboard then you fucking retard. Its not that crucial. A good monitor however can be a tad pricey.

"constantly getting shit on by nerds with 3k pcs and 120 fps"
>Buh, buh, muh eyes can't tell the difference! You deserve all of it.

"hackers"
>HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH
Punk buster usually comes with online games. Do research.

"gets slower each month"
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH!!!!

"must buy new components every year at least, otherwise games won't run for shit"
>Yeah, ch', duh. No, seriously. Refer to my last statement.

"no way near the reliability of XBL"
>We get online for free, faggot.

"can get viruses/other shit"
>Malwarebytes/ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE YOU FUCKING MONGOLOID.

"devs 80% of the times don't give a shit about optimizing the game so games run like shit unless $3k pc"
>Enjoy your 720p at 30fps.

>Buh, muh exclusives! Muh Halo! Muh virus-free shitboxone!

You are literally the embodiment of everything wrong with the console gaming community. Completely ignorant, little to no research done whatsoever, constantly spewing out pseudo science and generalizations which he's heard other people generalize.. Do the world a favor and just find another hobby. I'm sorry man, but you're just too far gone.

>"gets slower each month"

I seriously want you to explain how hardware in a tower "gets slower" each month, as if it's just rotting away like a child riddled with cancer.

>must buy new components every year at least, otherwise games won't run for shit

If you want to keep running it at the highest settings with almost little to no frame-drop whatsoever, maybe.
Oh wait, no, thats wrong, and its funny.
Wrong, because new games aren't always demanding high specs out of people's set-ups. Maybe if I was trying to run Witcher on a 5 year old build that hasn't been upgraded at all, you'd have a point.
Its also funny because you need to buy a new box of out-dated components every three years when your corporate masters tell you to.

youtube.com/watch?v=pA8DdkM2Wqo

I defy you to say another word you miserable sack of inhuman shit.