The more I read about this country the more I love it. It's good, I'd be happy if I was from there

The more I read about this country the more I love it. It's good, I'd be happy if I was from there.

Other urls found in this thread:

eiti.org/news/norway-revenue-from-oil-fund-now-exceeds-revenue-from-oil
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It stopped being great after 1721.

It is indeed great, but it's history can hardly compare to that of the great british empire

Thank you for your compliment, but compared to the great British Empire it is nothing

Why are Swedes so friendly?

What exactly is so great about it?

Its people seem weak-willed imo

The Swedish Empire interests me more than any other country on mainland Europe during the time. Great kings, spectacular victories, cool uniforms.

My favorite part of British history is the opium wars

really showed the smug chinese that their time had passed

I guess the white skin is pretty cool, it really makes us a nation of Northern Brothers!

>Great kings, spectacular victories, cool uniforms.
I like this Brit.

Brits are based people over all. Never met a Brit I didn't like.

HOWS THE REFUGEE CRISIS GOING SWEDS?????????? XD
NOW THAT (((DISNEY AND YOUTUBE))) GOT TO PEWDS YOU GUYS ARE NOTHING

>tfw my american friend whom I like very much had no idea we had any history beyond the "vikings"
He was shocked at everything from the 30 Years' War to the Great Nordic war and the union with Norway or the fact that Finland used to be a part of the swedish crown.

only a personal observation, but i believe that most swedes remained spiritually humble and grateful when wealth and prosperity finally came after the world wars; a result of hard work in the wake of tyranny and societal setbacks spanning centuries. only in recent years have we been afflicted with a toxic kind of arrogance, conditioned to believe that we're fit to be jamming and slamming with the big boys; probably the result of rootlessness stemming from a cocktail of americanization, globalization and hyper-materialism imposed on us. the friendliness you mention has sadly been replaced, or rather suppressed, by a fake veneer of overconfidence in all matters social and political—no hurdles too numerous, no valley too wide. the country cannot fail, until such thinking inevitably does lead to failure

apologies if that didn't make a lick of sense, just rambling in the small hours

>the small hours

The real nigga hours

Swedish empire was literally Nazi Germany tier.

>Schwedentrunk

As much as it pains me to say it, Sweden is doing awfully well for a third world country run by memes

Finland is literally Nazi-bitch tier.

Your forget the fact that we were constantly battered with talk about how we're better off than everyone and how we should take pity on the poor people of the world whose living standards don't resemble ours at a first glance. It's not a kind of arrogance that stems from some chauvinistic belief that we're the biggest, strongest and most beautiful people around, but that we're amazingly privileged and so it's our duty to feel sorry for everyone else; a pity that manifests as a "oh he doesn't know better"-type of arrogance.

Norway is doing quite well for an unsustainable banana republic.

Their time is just beginning.

>Muh narcissistic swedish saviour complex
Swedes have been altruistic internationalists for like a century and a half. Our commitment to aiding developing nations at present is merely a continuation of the international workers movement of the late 1800s to them mid 1900s.

Our main source of income isn't even exports. It's become global Jewry now. Get with the program

eiti.org/news/norway-revenue-from-oil-fund-now-exceeds-revenue-from-oil

Are you a chinaman in Finland? I know there are quite a few of you there.

Whoa. Impressive. That's norws for you.

There's a lot of students

Nah, I'm just being objective. Sweden's glory days are long gone, with their genocide looming in the not too distant horizon.

Wut? Where did that come from? We were talking about Britain and China.

I associate the viking age more with Norway and Denmark than with Sweden desu.

Vikings had as much to do with Sweden as with Norway.

It's either "muh swedish vikings" or the contrarian "swedes weren't vikings" memes. In reality "we" were all vikings and the modern day nationalities don't translate to well to tribes from 1,200 years ago. The diffrence is that norsemen from Sweden only went on raids to the west whilst their colonisation efforts were aimed at the east.

Top viking litt.

I will give limited support to this thread.

Depends on your perspective. Many of the locations associated with Vikings are part of modern Sweden. However, the dominant people that came to rule Sweden were descendants of Gothic tribes in the central and eastern parts of now-Sweden, who didn't raid England or France but had some incursions to the Baltics and the Russia/Ukraine region. There are without a doubt many descendants of Vikings in Sweden, by conquest, or chance. "Viking" wasn't an official title, it was just a job description for when you sail away to take other people's valuables for yourself.

What if YOUR ancestors were thralls and the Vikings all went to settle other lands?

You think vikings would just leave their thralls unguarded?

I'm just SAYING the possibility exists your ancestors were working with manure.

My ancestors were probably norse farmers back in the 800s, or most likely fishermen.