Let's settle this right now: Is Tame Impala God tier?

Let's settle this right now: Is Tame Impala God tier?

youtube.com/watch?v=3txHPS3LzgY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3MlbzCNDFSk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>psychedelic longer version
>3:13
lol

What's so god-tier though?

no

kevin parker is an excellent producer though and he writes some really catchy and at times genuinely interesting music

also that's a really misleading example of current's quality, it's by far the best track on the album

What even is that WAH-WAH-WAH-WAH-WAH-WAH sound used in the song? Is that synth or a guitar pedal?

it's a synth with a low frequency oscillator controlling the cutoff frequency of a low pass filter

Wow. No matter how many times someone posts a different Tame Impala song, and I click the link thinking it will maybe be the song that makes me get the appeal of Tame Impala, I'm always left wondering what the fuck it is that people find so fascinating about this band.

I swear I've never heard anything from them I'd consider more than a 5/10

Tame Impala is fucking great

they make good recordings but they suck balls live

The link OP posted is a remix of a Tame Impala track with some really corny additions, you should listen to the original instead imo. Still, maybe they just aren't for you. They aren't for a lot of people.

Yeah I'd rather listen to Mercury Rev and Spacemen 3. This shit is just gay.

mercury rev and spacemen 3 are the noisey darker psych bands, tame impala and the beatles etc are the poppy happier sunshine stuff. you can like both

>it's by far the best track on the album
not even close you fucking idiot

anyway, i agree with the rest of your post. kevin writes catchy ass music, great basslines, but he's not a genius like his fans like to pen him.

the best song on the album is let it happen easily, followed by the less i know the better

I like The Beatles just fine.

Tame Impala just sounds like The Shins on acid. No fucking thanks

it's more that kevin's voice actually sucks and he covers it with tons of effects and copious amounts of takes

>kevin writes catchy ass music, great basslines, but he's not a genius like his fans like to pen him.
people literally said the same thing about anton and the brian jonestown massacre then, and now they actually are saying he was a genius and misunderstood. (btw kevin has said bjm was a huge influence)

>The Shins on acid.
that sounds fucking awesome, which album do i listen to first?

ok dude, you are welcome to your opinion

anton was misunderstood and had a very clear vision for what he was trying to do. not everything he's made has been great, but he's covered more ground than kevin parker probably ever will and has made some of the most important psych records of the last 25 years.

>people literally said the same thing about anton and the brian jonestown massacre
yeah i didn't though. i stand by what i said

Lonerism then Currents then Innerspeaker

those aren't ordered in terms of quality btw

It sounds nothing like that unfortunately user, though I'd love to hear a psychedelic shins too.

cool B-)

I saw them in June and it was great. Suck me off pal

Me too at Merriweather Post Pavilion double headlining with M83

It was awful

>(btw kevin has said bjm was a huge influence)
And still is. Why do you think he's started incorporating more synths.

Why does this board exist

a good question, but then again "why does x exist" is one of those questions you could ask of anything at all and you'd be making a decent point because nothing has a reason to exist because everything we know is the result of a cosmic accident and has no objective purpose

take your cornball philosophy elsewhere mate.

Their lyrics are so, so bad. It's a series of bland cliches strung one after the other.

wouldn't change anything

>caring about lyrics

what are other easy ways to spot plebs?

Lyrics matter when they're either really good or really bad.

Tame Impala is just really bad all around.

lyrics only matter when they're good. if the music is good and the lyrics are bad who the fuck cares honestly

They're my favorite band.

OK but what about Tame Impala where the lyrics are bad and the music is bad?

yes

epic my man. your taste is so unique

He's pretty fucking talented

Yes

Look at the lyrics to It Is Not Meant to Be. One dumb cliche after another.

"Doesn't like sand stuck on her feet
Or sitting around, smoking weed"

Seriously? Could not be more on the nose than that.

I went into Innerspeaker expecting a really cool, creative psychedelic rock record. I truly wanted to enjoy it, I'd heard great things about Tame Impala.

I literally don't understand what everyone loves about this band. All their songs sound the same, echoey Beatles voice, lame 4/4, and terrible, uninspired lyrics.

youtube.com/watch?v=3MlbzCNDFSk

The coldplay of psychedelic music

The songwriting in this one is slightly better, but not by much. And all of my other complaints still stand.

They're not bad. They don't make bad music. But everything I've heard by them is just bleh. No edge, no tension, just straightforward boring rock.

>lame 4/4

i honestly kind of valued some of your post before that part. jesus

So, really good early on but will turn to shit later on?

>tfw Scott Walker likes them so now I have to force myself to like them
Fuck

Not everything has to push boundaries and be shocking, at least in the way you're talking about

he's epic fucking genius. end of apocalpyse dreams reaches to the far end of this universe

If LP4 will be on the same level as Lonerism, then yes

This

>lame 4/4