Jerry Seinfeld is a sociopath. He is incapable of empathizing with any of his so-called "friends...

Jerry Seinfeld is a sociopath. He is incapable of empathizing with any of his so-called "friends." Whenever someone comes to him with a bad idea, Jerry sarcastically agrees to everything they say with no regard for the consequences. It's not situational, it's not a gimmick, it's the only response he's capable of: agree and joke, agree and joke. Like Tony Soprano, he only shows genuine emotion when his ego is threatened

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qy7fR9734Ug
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

he's a jew, what the fuck do you expect?

youtube.com/watch?v=qy7fR9734Ug

Which is part of what makes the show funny, it's the opposite of the hurt feelings drama bullshit that you see in shit like Friends.

>reminder that he called in a bomb threat to Yankee stadium

Wow, it's almost like the last 2 episodes confirmed that they were selfish assholes.

Really makes you think

Pretty much this. He's in it for the lulz, who gives a shit about what happens to the other people

The first episode confirms already that they are selfish assholes.

they say they are bad people several times in the show and outside of it in interviews and the like

That is one magic loogie.

jery get ipad

I like to compare the laundry scene in both sitcoms.

In Seinfeld, in the very first episode, you have George and Jerry discuss idiotic things, Jerry coming out with an absurd monologue, both don't give a damn about the other guy's problem (but hear the other so he finally shuts the fuck up). There's no point to it but absurd, there's no development of the characters, simply an introduction to them, it's about humor and it leads to the actual monologue talking about laundry day being the best days for socks. Sure, it's not the most brilliant thing Seinfeld did, not even near, but it's funny enough and it tells you already that everything in this show is about the jokes.

In Friends you have the laundry scene in one of the first episodes as well. The feeble "humor" in that scene is attempted with Rachel standing her ground in a rude manner against the old lady, supported by Ross. But the scene isn't not about Rachel being rude and that being funny, it's about Rachel standing up for herself (character development) and Ross being a part of it as the beginning of the relationship (hurt feelings drama bullshit).

So there you go. The differences between both series displayed in a single scene.

Seinfeld is proto-It's Always Sunny, they're meant to be sociopathic assholes

Yeah seinfeld is like a sober always sunny

You say it like it's a bad thing
There's no point in grading characters on a good/evil or right/wrong scale. They should be ranked on interesting/uninteresting and funny/not funny.

What's your favorite Jerry moment Sup Forums

I like when he gets the new kitchen and calls in a bomb threat, also every time George calls him and he says "who is this"

Seinfeld is funny though.

>always sunny isn't funny

>he doesn't like It's Always Sunny

yikes

that's a shame

He also committed a robbery for a marble rye from Schnitzers

You Bad man, You very bad man Jerry Seinfeld.

>is this about me?
>no
>well then I've lost interest

>Jerry sarcastically agrees to everything they say

I don't think you undestand what a sociopath is. He's exactly the opposite. He puts other above himself, without making a big fuss out of it. He's the healthiest type of human being possible.

On the other hand, Elaine does tell him in "comedians in cars" episode that he totally lacks interpersonal skills, and he once admited more or less ironically that he's autistic.

The last episode drives it home.

The best comedies are the ones that disregard character building and morals.

the only way humor works is if you are detached from the person who bad things happen to
see a fat guy fall with some sound effects and a laugh track and you will chuckle, zoom in on him crying, rushing home, opening some icecream and eating it while his old mother tells him he is garbage and she should have aborted him for half an hour and you wont

>implying that wouldn't make you laugh even harder

>pening some icecream and eating it while his old mother tells him he is garbage and she should have aborted him for half an hour and you wont
hahaha yeah i will you fat loser ahahhaha you think we don't know it's you you fucking waste of oxygen lol why do you even live hahahah

Shut up, Todd Solondz

Sup Forums edge and puberty

That's bullshit. You're using extreme cases to justify an idiotic notion. Usually in sitcoms you are attached to the characters and you laugh about silly things that happens to them. Humor works because the hilarity of the situation weights more than the consequences on the character. And it's not even always like that.
Al Bundy has a shitty life, and we all laugh about how everything goes wrong. Even if we actually like the guy at all. Because the premise of the series is that everything will go wrong to begin with, that his life is miserable and he learned to live with it.

In your description the dramatic problems out-weight by far the funny situation, and you feel empathy instead of laughter because what happens to the character makes him suffer. You are not describing a comedy. You are describing a drama.

Tony loved animals tho

>sociopath

Kikes pathologize every functional form of human interaction as part of their ongoing program of niggering civilization

blows my mind that Jerry (as a character and a real person) didn't get drunk, do any drugs, didn't even drink caffeine and was just someone dedicated to his craft

probably why he was so good

>I've gone as far as I can with George Costanza.
>Is this the suicide talk or the nickname talk?