Explain why being a Millennial is so difficult

Explain why being a Millennial is so difficult.

Give examples from your life experiences.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kcBPurTip5M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

student loans

It's not
Dubs for Jesus

Working any minimum wage job is better than going to college if you're not training for a career.

its hard being surrounded by your loser millennial friends

being a retarded faggot is hard

>Explain why being a Millennial is so difficult.
Because you were raised by a generation of worthless fucking hippies.

Employer: in going to need you with open availability 24/7 so I can put you on our schedule 25 hours a week 5 days out of the week at the most ridiculous hours so you can't have a social or school life. Okay? Okay.

Student loans are fucking senile.

The older generation mocks us for being entitled when sally the 67 year old cunt asks for a manager over her expired coupons.

The older generations also mock us for the participation trophies gag, but they were the ones who gave them to us.

To add on to the employer spot: if you get another job we won't be able to work around that and we'll have to let you go. Even if we could figure out a schedule its just to complicated and we need you here whether or not your sick. Sorry to sick shame but business is business

>graduate high school
>placed 664 out of 690
>can't get a job because I have no skills for the decent jobs I want.
>decided welp fuck it college.
>find out later I have to pay back tuition
>Oh fuck I blew my grants on weed and shit.
>drop out because college is hard.
>Go on Internet
>Cry about the workforce and how unfair it is.
>It's everybody's fault but my own.

This is millenials.

Sounds like a specific scenario for a handful rather than the majority.

Sounds like your story

One time I went to Comet Ping Pong and saw pizza there.

This truly is the most terrifying time to live in.

Nope didn't even go to college just got some fag job as a pipe grinder worked 80 hours a week made decent money, now I'm a fag foreman working 60 hours a week still making ok money.

some even graduate and they give up trying to find a job. the fuck.

jews
marxists
technology
Mexicans
no jobs for our demographic
list goes on and on

Dubs does have a good point. If youre not management, and in a non-trade job, the majority of employers are fucking your un-lubed ass however they please

no one knows what they want
everyone is exposed to every kind of lifestyle
we're all crying over what could have happened

>no jobs for our demographic
Yes there are, you just have to fucking do them no matter how shitty they are. This is why Carrier is moving to Mexico. Your generation is full of whiny faggots that don't show up to work and can't hold down a job for more than 6 months.

They've been sprayed with chemtrails since birth.

youtube.com/watch?v=kcBPurTip5M

not a millennial, but:

it's all been done before. you can't BE anything unless you're being retro. punk, hippies, disco, grunge, new wave, hip hop.. millennials have to somehow invent a new style of their own, and so far all they've got is incredibly expensive artisanal junk food made out of walnut shells and elaborate beards (which have been done before).

all girls are whores
everyone is fucking stupid
no values

so were the punks, and look at what they achieved.

nothing.

>entry level
>Must have 2 years experience

Every single time

>>Oh fuck I blew my grants on weed and shit.

oh boo hoo. you poor thing. i feel so.. no, i don't. i don't have to say 'go fuck yourself' because life is going to fuck you, any day now.

THE GAME

>is incompatible with real life

Thinking is hard. Tell me what to think.....hurr durr

It's difficult because we're spoiled whiny bitches without a shred of work ethic. A combination of bad parenting and a pussified world cause it.

just think

no one is as much a faggot at you

Carrier is not tho.. dat tax cut. Thanks Trump.

oh, bullshit. there's plenty of resources left. unfortunately they're in Africa and Russia, so they're not being used.

If you think that every single person in an entire generation can place 664 out of 690, then you have the math skills of a baby boomer.

that's not entirely true.

the nature of work is changing faster than anyone can keep up. when i was graduating it was still possible to walk right into a full-time job. automation has eroded that; cheap international freight has eroded it further, and the third world acquiring industrial manufacturing machinery has eroded it down to nothing.

the only jobs available to millennials today are sales (and that's hobbled because people block ads) banking (which is like institutionalized ass rape) and old age care.

i feel sorry for y'all, but i don't have any answers either.

pic related, it's how a modern Banking executive dresses for success.

>Be born
>Want to die
Story of my edgy life

You mad bro?

there's a guy who claims to be an economist, who writes for the New York Times. he earnestly believes that everyone should be taught math - the low-end ones can be accountants, the mid-range ones can be programmers and the high-end ones can be scientists.

if i lived in america i would find him and slap his stupid face off the front of his fucking skull.

we've found the autist guys.

If everyone smarter than you is an autist, then 90% of the world would have autism. Seems more likely to me that you're just a fucking moron.

He's wrong, but your generation's lack of mathematical and technical skills is a joke. Let's face facts - millennials are far better educated, more intelligent, and harder working than lead-paint-chip-eating boomers because we don't get handed middle class lifestyles as a reward for barely graduating high school and being white.

>parents raise you with high expectations and little effort
>grow up as lazy assholes that are desensitized by the news
>inevitable suicide

Welcome to the millennial's world

those are contrails, created when aircraft to so fast the hydrogen and oxygen in the atmosphere fuse into water (aka clouds) and slowly float down.

troll an entire over senstive generation on twitter hashtag #millennialproblems

Millennials are whiny cunts that support sjw bullshit and raise children the wrong way.

Don't get be wrong though, generation X (my generation) made a lot of mistakes in allowing you fuckers to do whatever you want as kids.

Now... not ALL of you will find that to be true. Some upbringings are unpleasant ones all around... family (home life) school, friends etc.

My complaint is that people are too soft today. You all CRY about something and feel you're automatically entitled to it because you cried about it.

This doesn't go for ALL of you... but it goes for many of you.

Stop being the cancer of society. Also, I have no children.

I know. Was a pic I saw on the fb page the credible hulk. Thought it was relatable to what I had replied to with it.

dubs is truth

Old ass faggots think you got it easy

>/thread, bitches

>born after 1991

faggots

No Child left behind taught me how to guess the right answer on multiple choice questions. TV has brainwashed me to buy what I want and not what I need. Schools taught me to be average and I as a white boy (at the time) HAVE to treat people of other ethnicities differently because anything I say may be considered racist. I was brainwashed to believe that I need a college education to get anywhere in life and not trust unions or trade jobs like welding.

It can go on but its up to y'all to believe it or not that children learn what you bring them up around. Any who, too buzzed and tired to continue, gnight faggots.

>
>Millennials are whiny cunts that support sjw bullshit and raise children the wrong way.
>
>Don't get be wrong though, generation X (my generation) made a lot of mistakes in allowing you fuckers to do whatever you want as kids.
>
>Now... not ALL of you will find that to be true. Some upbringings are unpleasant ones all around... family (home life) school, friends etc.
>
>My complaint is that people are too soft today. You all CRY about something and feel you're automatically entitled to it because you cried about it.
>
>This doesn't go for ALL of you... but it goes for many of you.
>
>Stop being the cancer of society. Also, I have no children.

Ever stop to think it was your generation who raised us to be entitled little shits? Now I won't disagree with this as I can't. But you can't blame us for the participation awards when your generation saw it fit to not let us feel bad about losing. Your generation decided that. not us. Thought it was easier to reward someone for trying rather than actually succeeding. In not saying you do that but the majority of your generation fucked my generation with that entitlement.

They realized that in reality there are no participation trophies or safe spaces. Now as adults they're struggling to learn things most generations learned while growing up. Or they bitch and complain. Mostly bitch and complain. Take the election for example, they're fucking heads exploded and they, in their ridiculous arrogance want electors to vote for someone other than Trump without thinking for one second about the consequences.

No.

Old ass faggots think you have it the same as we did. Yet you whine, cry and demand safe spaces like a bunch of pussies.

We had a term for millennials back in our day.
> faggots

bruh that's just something that they say
what harm does it do when you just hand in a resume? it's a numbers game -- hand in 100 resumes and you'll get a call back from at least one.

do you know how easy it is to hand in a resume on indeed? literally two clicks

Oh yeah, look at the generation of personal responsibility, unable to admit how badly they fucked things up for their descendants. Of course it's not YOUR fault things are so fucked now. It must be OUR fault, right?

Dude, I wasn't even trying. I literally didn't read a single post in this thread except yours.

Time to step back from the keyboard...

Both of us.

I didn't contribute. Also, you aren't a child anymore... you can make your own Big Boy decisions now. ;)
I know it's taboo to do smilies on Sup Forums

However, I want to motivate you to do something good with your kids.

I handle at walmart resumes and i will tell you that we trow most of the shit out and leave about 5 or so and just call those in if they cant come on the time we give them we pull out the ones from the trash

It's not your fault you're pussies?

What a pussy would say.

my parents are drug addicts
their parents were addicts/alcoholics
third generation drug addict
drug culture is the only culture i've experienced in this country

This

I think we should stop waiting for your selfish, narcissistic, greedy asses to die off. Everything has been about you since the '60s - time for you worthless fucks to go.

>Do well in highschool so you can get a degree in whatever you want
>Dont be a burger flipper or sit around on unemployment
>No we're not going to give you an allowance for chores, we already buy you stuff and take you places

Not saying thats a millenial thing but it didn't exactly set me up with realistic expectations or a good work ethic...

>Finish 3D degree in 2009 with a plan to enter either games or film industry
>boom, GFC. most of australias biggest studios shut down
>have to compete against industry pros for work
>apply for part time jobs, no work experience no response
>start freelancing, white knuckle it for 4 years
>try to apply for jobs in industry again, design focus
>"freelancing isnt real experience"
>2 months ago i claim unemployment
>parents dissapointed
>20 job applications a month
>literally nothing good posted
>27 and no job experience
how fucked am i?

I know that feel to an extent. Second generation junkie here, thinking about how I'm going to approach the issue of weed. Probably a deniability cover. "I have never smoked weed but the people who do are terrible. Dundu drugs."

That sucks.

I grew up in the 80's. My stepdad raped me and my sister. There wasn't an internet, or a cell phone or a Sup Forums to voice my opinions on. There was no external support system to pacify, help or let me get some steam of in.

I had nothing. I starred at my bedroom wall with anger with no way to express or release it.

millennials are lazy entitled little shits

>and being white
Go hang yourself.

If you can even figure out how to tie the knot id be surprised because you're so retarded

>student loans

When I went collage was $650/semester

exactly. it's a numbers game, like i said. keep handing in resumes.

also idk about where you live, but around here getting a job at walmart and McD's is very competitive, since that's where everybody who lacks experience applies to first.

Obviously you must've misunderstood what I'm stating. And you're assuming I don't take responsibility for my actions but let me break it down for you. As a child. You have no direction. Being a parent you must lead them down the right path. Majority of parents of kids from my generation rewarded kids with those stupid fucking participation awards but now turn around and call us entitled. Your generation made my generation feel special and as if we were the best, praising us for being their kid. Then turn around when we became adults and stated "fuck you for being entitled" who do you think made us feel entitled in the first place? Now I don't speak for myself as my parents raised me with discipline respect and to work hard if I want to earn something. But fuck man. Don't blame us for being entitled while your generation was the one making us feel like no ones better than us.

You wouldn't be nearly so asspained if you didn't know I'm 100% right.

>Graduate HS, 4.7gpa 35 act
>50 year old councilor promises to handle sending out my resume and scholarship essays
>Takes all applicationoney, sends nothing
>Now at shit college, no scholarship will take me because I'm a white male with rich parents
>Parents cast me out, no support
>"I made it at that age, you should too"
Currently living in shitty apartment, struggling to make enough money to eat. I'm a waiter at an expensive restaurant, we've got a problem with blacks, they don't tip and fill 40% of our books.

On top of all that, I'm constantly reminded why I'm being given everything in life and need to work harder. Alcoholic at this point, just pushing forward and working as hard as I can every day. Hate my life, but pushing on because I know that by the time I'm 60 these pieces of shit will be too old to fuck with me any more

>Being millennial is shitty

The irony is that your generation has become the "narcissistic".

Maybe Gen X raised you wrong... but they weren't ever narcissistic as a whole, or even close.

Gen X grew up at a bad time and had nothing... they wanted their children to have everything they never had... but it backfired because the parents coddled too much.... and their children became.... (wait for it)..... narcissistic.

>collage
>$650/semester
cmon guy.

everyone calls us millennials

It's time to wreck the cage they built for you user. The American dream was never for us - we need to create a better one for ourselves.

It's time to rise up, millennials.

>admits to waiting for the previous generation to die off
whatisnarcissism

Yeah, I'm at least a fourth generation alcoholic here, on both sides but my dad the most. Unrepentant at the moment, but it comes and it goes.

I don't know how much of it is a millenial thing. I got really into drugs early on because they were easier to find when underage, but went to mostly alcohol because it just gets my rocks off. I keep hearing about the growing opiate problem, which I have experience with and can understand, but i don't think its generational so much that it comes with hard times for the economic class. Most junkies i know from college, and were well-to-do before the skag. Having family with problems makes it an even steeper hill to climb. Still, i feel like a lot of addiction is a genetic or familial issue more than that of society or individual generations as whole. Either way, the generation you're born into is part of your circumstances of birth and shapes your decisions, so i'm on the fence.

All the best to you, anyway.

Cali. And management just dont give a fick well im oit guys until yall stop with your shit seriusly most employers arent millennials and we get to choose who gets the jobs that is why no one gets shit and everyone thinks they are just lazy crying fags instead of good workers

Seriously that's nothing compared to my brothers 10 grand a year. Had to get loans and lived with 6 other dudes in a 3 bedroom house. He's got a teaching job because he's a smart dude but still. Has gonna be paying those loans back for years as he couldn't hold a job due to his school schedule in high school/college.

we were so poor as a kid i used to heat oil in a pan on an open flame until it was smoking then drop a table spoon of water in it just to hear it sizzle and think of food

Milenials are generally just dumb and dont know how to spin their work experience in their favour. I work at a gas station/hotel and once i leave and start searching for a job, i can say i have experience from hotel industry.

Beg to differ,user. I was reminded daily by my parents that I was a piece of shit, regardless of almost perfect grades and trying to live a healthy lifestyle. I'm still being treated like shit every day by almost every gen X person

They raised their kids like shit, and continue to shit on everyone they can for their own failures. Nothing but a bunch of degenerates, living in a daze of narcissism

No I'm ass pained because you faggots always take away credit from someone because they're white. It's happened to me my whole life too.

I slept on a foam pad in a 1 bedroom apartment for 6 years through middle and high school. I sold candy so I could buy food for myself and clothes because I was too young for a job. Now that I'm making good money for myself all you pieces of shit do is say "oh it's cause youre white" when I've had a rougher life than 90% of people in my country no matter their skin color

Because they live in an age where they have to watch Baby Boomer gracelessly age and die.

They can't verify fucking online stories with a Google search. They don't like how sexuality isn't traditional, despite being in a generation of drug abusing fuckfests. They're bitter their toaster oven didn't actually turn out to be Rosie the Robot.

They're all just a bunch of self-narrative that got fucking brainwashed into them by watching the Dick Van Dyke show too fucking much.

But, personal examples. How about getting a college degree but having no-fucking-body to ask for help in making sure you're getting your money's worth. "Well, the important thing is to get a degree. They just want to know you can be trained". No they fucking don't, you seeping cunt. You should be saying "get a course listing and then get a syllabus for each of those classes and do some googling to find out if these people are full of shit". You're going to blame kids for wasting money on a college degree but how many fucking time did I hear it excused away "Well, as long as you get something".

I mean, I feel bad for them. They're like Brooks. The world got into a big damn hurry on them. The only thing left is for them to hang themselves so we can move on.

he didnt become a teacher for the money he did it to teach

"General ideas are no proof of the strength but rather the insufficiency of the human intellect."

The world is a lot more complex than your 100 million people generalizations.

You really want to know man?

What counts for a millennial anyway? Being born a certain year?

stop being an idiot

"WAAAAAAAH WAAAAAAAAAH WHY DOES NOBODY HIRE ME???????"

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I DON'T WANNA HAND IN RESUMES"

"WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

honestly fucking kill yourself. i was born in 1997 faggot, but instead of crying about my lot in life i got 4 jobs -- i work at dairy queen, i do construction labour, i do asbestos labour and i bartend. stop being a lazy little faggot and get a couple jobs, move out. you see life differently when you're not living with mommy anymore

be a fucking man

Cause you grew up in an era of economic prosperity and never wanted for anything. Life is just harder after growing up with everything.

I can't relate- my parents were immigrants and we were poor so I learned to work hard and now my life is great.

Well no shit. I'm just stating his tuition was out the ass hole compared to that number the other dude mentioned

communism sure as fuck isn't the answer (seems to be implied with the star and red background). Not unless you want to make the country more of a welfare state than what it already is...

Stop being a whiny fag

Queer

BEST argument I've ever heard

>this world needs less of you "people"

Having to get up at midday only to have some fucker next door wake me up as they are heading off to work at 9am