I really need some math help here because I am incredibly bad at comprehending math...

I really need some math help here because I am incredibly bad at comprehending math. I'm trying to learn about NonLinear Functions before an exam tomorrow.

In the situation given in the top of the image where the hell does 6hx come from?

Same thing applies to these notes in the bottom of this image that I took in my class. I'm incredibly confused on how he broke down the functions after plugging in X

First comment

FOIL x+h
x squared plus 2 xh plus h squared
then multiply by 3
3x squared plus 6 xh plus 3 h squared

3(x+h)^2
3(x+h)(x+h)
3(x^2+h^2+2xh)
3x^2+3h^2+6xh

Did you see the first example? S/He asked 'how did get here' at the part where you pemdas.

Lol bait not reading the second part

OP the Fuck are you asking. You're ducked if you don't understand this

this

Combined like terms

The only way op wouldn't understand this solution is if he doesn't know the order of operations which means he's probably fucked

Op if you can't understand this then Fuck off take your F you deserve it

this looks like finding a difference quotient. I think you look at it like this: [ f(x+h) - f(x) ] / h. So just plug x+h in the original function, then subtract the original function, all over h and see what you get. I'm going to tutor this next semester.

actually this is simple af user, you should know this. you need to talk to your professor if you aren't understanding how he got this far. When he asks if you have questions, don't sit silent like a faggot.

bre thats calculus

ye, I'm fixing to start calc next semester.

> that's calculus

I guess Newton invented addition and subtraction right

Math teacher here
Do your homework faggot

His teacher literally did the homework for him and he still doesn't get it. Op must be sucking hella dick giving hella blowjobs

OP here.

I know order of operations. I'm assuming I just don't know when in the order of operations to multiply the 3 into the parentheses.

My Professor is incredibly awful. And i'm not just saying that because i'm struggling in his class. He berates students for asking questions because he thinks they're undermining his intelligence, and he wants us to word things in very specific ways with his own personal terminology. Not even mathmatical terminology, just his own personal "proper" terminology that he picks and chooses at random.

In all my years he is the only teacher that I have disliked.

1. expand everything
2. combine like terms
3. simplify

he got from q^2/4+2q/4-4/4 to (q^2+2Q-4)/4 just by combining like terms. x/z+y/z=x+y/z

it's actually precalc. (just took the precalc final today and totally nailed it)

>that handwriting
Are you in Junior High?
You know this site is meant for people 18+, right?

yes

I actually think I understand it now. Thank you very much for your help. While I did know order of operations, I actually had forgotten FOIL.

It's a class in a community college that isn't specifically pre-calc but incorporates basic stuff from it.

I've been bad at Math my entire life and only recently have I tried to learn it properly. I still h ave more stuff to learn for my exam though. Honestly if I could i'd pay someone here to tutor me online.

f(x)=x^2+x+1
Your x is your unknown term to make up the equation
In the equation f(1-a), your (1-a) term becomes the x term in your previous equation, ergo, f(x)=x^2+x+1 becomes f(1-a)=(1-a)^2+(1-a)-1.
Then you just multiply out and simplify.

I had my pre-calc final today as well.

I'd tutor you for free, if there was some way we could go from here to a more direct form of communication.

poor little high school babies
just wait til the real math

Skype?

Skype or Discord. Whichever you'd prefer honestly

give this shit to your lecturer and tell them to fuckoff.
do it on your its ez shit

3*2xh

This is for a college course???

I tutor you for photos and video of your asshole making a big poop.
Deal?

thats literally a fundamental theorem of calc you fucking dumb baby

Bump