The american education system is so fucked up that children that can spell things correctly are considered literal...

>the american education system is so fucked up that children that can spell things correctly are considered literal geniuses
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spelling_bee

Your thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=afBYrJRLq9U
youtube.com/watch?v=bGdCeMayUjk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=afBYrJRLq9U

what exactly was the point of this thread

Banter, my good friend.
It always is.

And apparently me learning something I'm not going to like about my country.

why would you spell a bee?

Wait a second, that's still an American contest though.

its actually Indian. Very surprised that you find spelling contests for children worth getting butthurt over

Shouldn't be I be bothered that in my country, spelling them decently earns you get patted on the back for being able to keep up with the other children, while in the US, doing that apparently gets you your dick sucked and you paraded as a little genius on TV.
Very unfair you see.

I never understood this part when watching American series as a child.

>english language is so fucked up that being able to spell is considered to be a distinguished skill

land of OPPORTUNITY
that little shitty speller was given an opportunity to farther his entire life by being good at SPELLING
your joke of a country cant even compete LOL

The english language is a phonetic clusterfuck I understand those poor children.

It isn't really about spelling, but more about teaching the kids competitiveness

>your joke of a country cant even compete LOL
Heh, wait for it, (here it comes by the way), uh so you mean compete at being retarded?
Uh, nope, sorry. Try your luck with some other country.

thats what sports are for

It's not because of their education system, it is because English is retarded as fuck. It is basically a pidgin that has no pronunciation rules.

at least they're not fr*nch

>english is the only language to have exceptions in spelling conventions

RAINBOW WARRIOR'd
Ready for the second one already?
This time we'll be banning your butter and meat for real though.

not all kids are good at sports

English contains the biggest vocabulary of any language ever by a fair margin. Flexibility in the rules is a good thing so more words can be created with less letters.

Kek

nice digits you smelly subhuman

Glad I couldn't be argued out of here.

Other languages have conventions. English has no conventions whatsoever when it comes to pronunciation, you can only memorize.
>head, bed
Vowel pronounced the same
>speak, spear
Differently
How can you determine the correct way to pronounce it? You can't, you can only memorize. Why is that so? Because English is a pidgin language, which got extended way out of what it was supposed to do and became a Frankenstein's monster.

Have you ever been in an english spelling bee final round? it's heavy shit nigga

youtube.com/watch?v=bGdCeMayUjk

Best spelling bee.

>English contains the biggest vocabulary of any language ever by a fair margin.
Yeah, it happens when you just mindlessly borrow words.
>Flexibility in the rules is a good thing so more words can be created with less letters.
That's the opposite of what happens.
>'Though', 'beautiful'
Less letters my ass

At least our language sounds nice.
There are barely any unpleasant sounding consonants or digraphs