Guitar fags, I need your help

Guitar fags, I need your help
This may sound like a noob question, but I was wondering if I could set up my guitar (with a tremolo bar installed into it) so it doesn't go out of tune when I bend my strings. I hardly ever use the tremolo bar, so I just want to know how to set it up so where its not really being used. Do I have to replace the whole thing with a new setup or can I set it where its not being used?

Pic related, my guitar, sort of

pitiful self bump

It may sound stupid tie tape around your the stretched string area near the tuning pegs

so the problem isnt that the guitar goes out of tune using the tremolo bar, its that it goes out of tune when I bend strings, then goes back in tune when i'm done with the bend.
I guess i just want to set my guitar up to where Im not using the tremolo bar at all.

Use a locking trem system and if that isn't a possibility I would say get a new guitar or switch the bridge out for a standard one

this answers it. Thanks

Sounds like it needs tightened.. it shouldn't put your strings out of tune if you're just bending one.

Tighten your springs a bunch and do a new setup on it

>PRS Custom 24 USA
> go out of tune
fuck off

Your strings might be 'slipping', make sure your locking nuts amd tuning pegs are tight

All floating trems go out of tune when you bend and back again after, because you're pulling the bridge as well as the string

You fucking asshole.. that's the whole point of a bend.

OP, this is called tremolo "decking". Stick some wood in the space between the tremolo and the back side of the bridge in the back of the guitar

Get a Tremolno. Google it.

That's the point idiot

Google how to block a trem. Like another guy said, you could just tighten the springs in the back of the guitar. Either way you'll probably have to setup the action and intonation after fucking with it, but its pretty easy.

I understand this now, that's what I wanted to fix, to get it situated while I'm not using the trem

You guys don't fucking get it apparently. I don't know how else to phrase the question, but it's been answered, so fuck off.

I've been trying to do what you said, but it's become a hassle. I'm going to see if I can't just make a blocker without having to drill into the body. Fuck that noise.

take it off. then there is no tempation to hit it. duh. i've got two guitars that came with idiot sticks and i just don't put them on

I've found a simple solution to your problem.

Step 1: Get a real guitar.
>pic related

If you're not using the trem at all you could replace it with an Evertune, or a locking trem (in this sense "locking" meaning with a block or lever that prevents the bridge from moving). These would require less alteration to the guitar than installing a fixed tailpiece.

If you do want to keep the trem active, then you'll need to adapt your picking hand technique to push down on the bridge when you bend. It's not hard to learn, sort of a variation of palm muting.

Good luck and happy playing.

off yourself please

p.s. Even if you do block the trem or replace it with a fixed tailpiece you'll still have to deal with the neck flexing as you bend the strings. This varies with string gauge and neck stiffness, obviously, but I had a '76 SG with stop tailpiece that had such a thin neck bending a string would pull the others out of tune. Surprised me how much it did.

Is it a Floyd Rose trem?

add extra springs and/or tighten the piece that mounts the springs.

but unless you're playing some kind of bluegrass style country or avant garde i dont know when youd want strings ringing while bending other ones, you should be muting those strings and isolating the string being played

Fucking this ^^^^
Thank you

That's literally the purpose of bending the strings. There's no way to set it up to avoid it. Fucking kek you pleb

If your tremelo bar fucks your tuning up you're either overstraining the bar, or you've got those shitty immitator tremelo bars. For example a "licensed" floyd rose bar is nothing compared to a real floyd rose tremelo bar.

If you have a lower priced substandard guitar, enjoy your out of tune guitar every time you slam your bar. lol.

so listen here you lil shit, any guitar wioth a tremolo wont stay in tune. I had a prs with one and even it couldnt stay in tune. your only real option is a floyd rose, and even then you'll still waver in and out.

no guitar with a tremolo stays in tune tbqhf

to be far all bass players are just failed guitarists, I can play your shitty instrument like a good but you cant even do basic jazz progressions on mine.

buy a fixed bridge guitar like this girl guitar.

Block the tremolo.

Just put something, anything that will fit behind the tremolo so it doesn't move. If you aren't using the tremolo, and just want it to be a hardail it's completely reversible and greatly improves tuning.

/thread

or if you're cheap use washers and epoxy to block it in place

Search hip shot tremsetter. You're welcome. I install one on all my floyds but they work for non locking trems too