Do SSRIs work? Do they really make you emotionless? Do they help with social anxiety?

Do SSRIs work? Do they really make you emotionless? Do they help with social anxiety?

Other urls found in this thread:

cannabisdigest.ca/black-pepper-relieves-cannabis-anxiety/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

they make you unable to have an orgasm even after beating your dick like it owes you money

They turn you into a zombie bro. Not a good life.

Had no effect on me. Just gave me munchies.

>tfw my orgasms got better from taking ssris

anyone who says it's anything more than a ploy for the pharmaceutical industry to leech money off you for years is lying to both you and themselves.

Lower dosage

Hmm hmm hmm.
But it made me feel better, I don't even care if they are sugar pills if I feel better

I'm taking 40mg of fluoxetine and 150mg of voxra now. They don't do shit for me, have been thinking about trying to get some weak benzos and slowly up the dosage. I could either sell them or take them myself

Get Lyrica instead, I'm on 300mg 2-3 times a day.

>Makes me horny

Does it have recreational value? Asking for my pet fish

Yes it does, it boosts psychedelics as fuck. Also alcohol.

Paroxetine is the best I've been on, and I've been on a few. You need to get therapy at the same time otherwise it just levels you out, you really don't improve. Avoid Pristiq if you can, that one's a real cunt. Good luck.

I think the real question is if you believe that jet fuel can melt steel beams why doesn't the engines melt during flight?

I was gonna say it doesn't have any recreational value but now I remember how hammered I would get off a couple beers. I did that all the time and my liver probably hates me now. I don't take antidepressants anymore and also don't drink anymore because it takes me a retarded amount of alcohol to feel anything.

SSRI's help take the edge off of panic and other intense emotions, sadly this includes the happy ones.

Other than that, they get you fat, turn alcohol into a knockout potion, severely limit the sort of fun drugs you can do and fuck with your dick till it's utterly non-responsibe beyond erection.

20mgs of fluoxetine and I can't ejaculate no more boys

ayy m8 i took zyprexa for a couple months these threads can fuck with your metabolism even after you quit. i ate as normal but got fatasfuck. i went from 72kg to 105. it fattening it sickening it piss it revolt. also it makes you have a good sleep but wake up feeling stoned and fucked but in a bad way like someone hit you on the head while you were asleep, aksi they didnt help with my delusions one bit just made me a bit more calm. they help some people though what do you need them for?

you build up tolerance to them so it's completely infeasible to take in the longterm, venlafaxine worked for me when fluoxetine made me only stupified at high dosage

Trying to get off Lexapro. Nuked my sex drive and just leaves me tired all the time.

I am on Lexapro now. for OCD

Agree with lots of posts here. Was on fluoxetine for a few years as a teenager.

You're tired all the fucking time, even when you've slept.
I dunno about the alcohol being enhanced, but I do have a ridiculous tolerance now so maybe same thing happened to me as to My emotions were definitely deadened. Later on I discovered I could achieve the same with weed, so switched.
I jerked off all the time and still do. I do remember having to put actual effort into it when I was on prozac. But as with the alcohol, my stamina is increased now. Plenty of chicks can't get me off at all.

I spent most time drinking, hating the world or being emotionally numb. Wouldn't recommend any of it.

did lexapro help with anxiety and depression? I started taking them 3 days ago

Don't take them if you can avoid it. There is a shit load of research going into mushrooms right now. My buddy was severely depressed and had ptsd. After a few sessions of mushrooms and weed he worked through it. Try that approach if you can.

>weed
only amplifies my anxiety, you are an idiot if you use it for that

cannabisdigest.ca/black-pepper-relieves-cannabis-anxiety/

It did eliminate my panic attacks yes

I don't know I'm on anti-psychotics and anti-anxiety stuff.

I think there are about three or four generations of SSRI's some of which work better for certain things than others.

Are you on SSRI's or just thinking about them. If your just thinking about them you probably need mention why, and be more specific than "Do then help in general". IE what you need help with.

Benzos are prescribed a lot for anxiety. Panic attacks and general anxiety anyway, not sure if they use them for social anxiety.

Depends on dose - go high enough and you won't even get an erection...

shit that was the most frustrating thing though - so close but couldnt come... for hours...

40mg is starter dose - doesn't do shit til you are on 80 or 120 (or 200 which is when your dick stops working)

not on its own.

because aluminium and magnesium filings and water at pressure and heat are not being mixed at the same time in jet engines.

wow, it took 120 to do that to me... we are all fifferent.

mind you at 200 i had no erection adn then after a few weeks had a massive flip out and that is how we discovered i was bipolar, not just depressive...

Try 5-htp, routine, cognitive behavioral therapy and proper nourishment before taking pills.

I'm on 20mgs of fluoxetine and I think they help me. They make it easier for me to get out of bed in the morning and do shit. I definitely don't think as much about depressing shit. They do dampen your emotions but you get used to it. There was no affect on my sex life. They make things easy though so I feel like they are somewhat of a shortcut. If you want to change your patterns of thought and behaviour they do help. But to really change you have to want to change.

I had this issue. its not meant to happen. I talked to my doctor and he changed the type I was on. Went back to normal after changing.

>Plenty of chicks can't get me off at all.

fucking pain isn't it?

ten years off the drugs but never regained proper orgam function. I have a very understanding wife who wants sex frequently, so she has a great time - I get hard adn stay that way for hours, but no orgams. I come about once a fortnight - usually without much warning. just suddenly goes from plateaued out hard adn horny but no way I willcome to sudden ramp up and explodes. But it isn't like before - orgasm is over and shallow and unsatisfying mostly.

I don't know if it is just getting older (in forties now) or the drug, but it is a fucking pain.

I'm to this point. SSRIs are a fucking joke.