ITT: How to cop out of a too complicated and too political plot

ITT: How to cop out of a too complicated and too political plot

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MFK0yG8xG5I
youtube.com/watch?v=wJfL2mjS_4s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This was the only way it could have ended.

>implying things like this dont happen in real world when things get really fucked up.

What about Margaery's secret plan though?
Also
>Sparrows too stupid to realize Cersei's plan (even High Sparrow) and not letting anyone go despite Cersei not even showing up which should make an immediate guilty verdict and everyone should go home

I din't understand his scene, he looked like he was in deep thought for last 20 seconds, as if he was about to realize something, but nothing comes to it, he doesn't even utter a fucking word or gasp because he came to realization of something

AHHHHH SAVE ME WARRIOR

he was a fanatic he thougth he would survive anything because of the gods.
Also margaery only wanted to save her brother,nothing more,she wasnt ploting or anything.

>She wasn't plotting anything

That's what GoT is:
>"muh politics"
>oh shit how do I climb out of this hole I've made for myself
>how about I just kill them
>if anyone says anything I'll just say that stuff like this happens in real life!
>hopefully no one realizes the writing is total fucking garbage

that was meant to show olena that she was still sane and dindt become a god bitch.
i believe.

After hearing Marge he knew he had been duped. He knew she was right about Cersei and with Tommen not there he was coming to realize that he was the one about to get got and all the manipulation was for nothing. Nigga got blown away before he could even grasp the situation.

Wouldn't it have been hilarious if Lenzel just blew out the candles?

This. 1000 fucking times this!

>licks fingers
>stubbs out each candle

Seriously thats all it would have taken

>realize that he was the one about to get got
You reckon he genuinely thought he was about to win game of thrones ?

She was plotting on using the Faith Militant to cement power.

Notice how quickly she changed her tune when the High Sparrow got Loras to renouce his role? She thought she finally had one upped Cersei.

*smacks lips*

SO HOL UP

What if he din't follow the kid? Why did he follow the kid ? what if he killed the kid what he was about to ambush him ? What if he pissed on the candles and blew them out

would you rather some hokey shit where she frames him or some crap

He didn't know about the wildfire so he didn't think there was anything Cersei could do?

What the fuck does this guy want? Why does he help Cersei so much? Why is he okay with literally killing everybody just to help Cersei?

>inb4 muh experiments
Why didn't he become Tommen's bitch instead?

Some just want to see the world burn.

he's old and bored and hates the maesterdom

he literally doesn't give a fuck anymore, just wants dem royal funds to do crazy shit

Cersei indulges his mad scientist desires, whereas others have shunned him. She's given him power when he was washed up.
Tommen would have listened to the other advisors first, who would have told him to get lost.

> Why do people help those in power

Cersei is in power BECAUSE of him
She the Sparrow's complete bitch after her walk of shame.
Cersei wouldn't be shit without Qyburn

Hopefully they all come back as zombies. That would be an amazing twist

>candles
Couldn't they come up with a more unsafe method of triggering the explosion?

my thoughts exactly.
They had all this shit building up with Margaery's scheme and how is Cersei gonna get out of this one??

Then all of a sudden there's 50,000 barrels of Wildfire under the city? jesus christ

He and Cersei respect eachother and with Cersei he gets to do all of 'muh experiments' he wants. This isn't hard to understand.

In the middle ages candles were the perfect timers.
Scholars that read in the dungeons used them to tell how many hours have past.

They function as a decent timing mechanism, as well.

Shit CGI too

African ones ?

>mfw they end the white walkers invasion with well placed burrowed wildfire barrels

>Then all of a sudden there's 50,000 barrels of Wildfire under the city?

The mad king placed it there. He wanted to burn the entire city.

Copout aside, Tommen's suicide was one of the most beautiful scenes in the entire series.

He is truly the only king who wanted him to be good, so seeing him kill himself after realizing he is the worst king in history was heartbreaking.
Also the score leading up to it was perfect.

youtube.com/watch?v=MFK0yG8xG5I

Didn't Tyrion use it up to beat Stannis?

reminder that cersei invited this idiot into power in the first place

Qyburn is the opposite of a fairweather friend. He ingratiates himself to Cersei in the moments when literally everyone else would turn their backs on her, believing she's on her way out.

Sometimes I get the feeling that he's not even a real power-hungry sociopath and that he legitimately cares about her.

Yes. Continuity error

So why didn't the whole city blow up rather than just the sept?

Uh oh Jamie's not gonna like this

Despite all her lows she's still the most powerful woman in Westeros. As other people abandon her others will take their place out of opportunity.

Put the landing in king's landing. Lived down to the nickname the FALL king lmao

No sane person would play with candles around wildfire, only reason this happened is because poor, illiterate, unwashed kids did the job.

Conglaturation on killing jokes, user

Because some of the wildfire caches were already found and removed by that point. Lancel found the one that blew up quite easily though, so that one must have been moved there recently, otherwise it would have been found before. Unless it was sealed off in some way.

You're an idiot.

Catholic Monks

>What the fuck does this guy want?
Probably use Westeros as a gigantic test lab and play god.
>Why does he help Cersei so much?
She's the only one with influence that would let him do anything he wants unchecked.
>Why is he okay with literally killing everybody just to help Cersei?
Mad scientist, plus the above.

Probably already creating parasites to take control of Cersei's brain and turn her into a puppet.

Thank you, somebody gets it.
I thought Tommen's suicide was one of the best/most character-appropriate scene they've done in seasons.

>ITT: How to cop out of a too complicated and too political plot
Red Wedding thread?

This.
The guy seemingly mind controlled a bunch of kids with his "sweets".
Qyburn gonna be the winner of the game

Because they killed offscreen or unceremoniously so many characters like afterthoughts since they had no idea what to do with them anymore, when you have something that makes sense with appropriate build up, it pays off.

The other way would be
>Rob actually takes Casterly Rock
>Takes back King's Landing
>Defeats Lannisters, save Salsa
>Oh also Arya comes back
Send more men to Nightwatch because they listen to Jon
>Everybody lives happily ever after
>The end

>>if anyone says anything I'll just say that stuff like this happens in real life!

This seemed loosely inspired by the gunpoweder plot of 1605.

>fill the cellar of parliament with barrels full of explosives
>wait for parliament, the king, and all your enemies to gather in one place
>blow them all up

The roles were reversed: In real life the church was conspiring to kill the king and all political adversaries to the catholic church, while in GOT it was the queen conspiring to kill all members of the church along with her political rivals.

They have been making more as well. With the rebirth of magic, dragons, white walkers, etc wildfire has been much easier to make.

Yeah it makes you wish they showed his struggle to be a good king who serves his citizens a little more

It was great, but I couldn't help but think of this
youtube.com/watch?v=wJfL2mjS_4s

Not him and not sure if ur b8 but get got is American slang for getting killed by your enemies.

Actually it was inspired off Aerys the Mad king's plans to blow up the city years ago

Welcome to D-ABIIIII-D where common sense is disregarded whenever we need to get rid of loose ends.

Even so, there's no denying that it's a close parallel to the gunpowder plot, thereby proving that some of the shoe's direction does indeed occur irl

It was four years ago, they hoped people would forget the details. Hell they even hoped we'd forget that Varys was in Dorne this episode.

Show's *

He didn't fry so good.

20 GOOD KIDS

Dudes obsessed with experimenting with dark shit and if hes back by the crown then he has all the freedom and resources he needs

>seeing him kill himself after realizing he is the worst king in history
I thought he did it because of Margaery.

In dramarturgy theory there is no real difference between a tragedy and a comedy, it all depends on execution and resolution.
If someone falls on the floor it could be either tragic or funny.
It's funny if he gets up, but it's tragic if he doesn't.

That's because GRRM's writing is largely based off English history.

Coincidentally, this is why he's stuck getting his new book finished. History is in the past, no new history is happening so now he has to close the story all on his own

He's obsessed with it because he's the only person in Westeros actually making progress within the field of Medicine.

Back in the medieval age, it was largely frowned upon to experiment on dead bodies however that was how we were able to make such advancements within human health

Exactly.
People are so fucking stupid with the "muh real life" excuse for shitty writing. This isn't real life. It's a narrative story that is supposed to have build ups, pay-offs, themes, logic etc.

Showfags are in full force defend mode after how shitty the season was once D&D lost their training wheels.

Margaery is obviously part of it, but it's the whole picture that you need to take into consideration, the loss of his wife, his failure as a king, the cruelty and insanity of his mother, etc.

he was arrogant, that was the point

I think it's partially that, but if she really meant the world to him he would've gone apeshit when the Sparrows took her.

I rather think it's the realization that he cannot rule anyone anymore and never made a right decision as king and in the end his decisions killed everybody.

R U SAYIN I SHOULD SAVE ALL DEEZ CRACKAS?

Don't remember the details in the show but in the books Cersei commissioned the Alchemists to make as much WF as they could.

They were able to make it quicker because dragons returned to the world

yeah and cercei is the only person who actually like his work with the mountain

Wasn't the point of his character that he's humble?

With Cersei in charge, does this mean that she may reinstate trial by combat?

"muh real life" and storytelling are completely different things, aiming for realism is asking for failure as fiction. What GoT lacks is common sense, not realism.

No it's not. Cersei and the Mad King both had tons of the stuff made. Tyrion didn't need it all to cuck Stannis

>They were able to make it quicker because dragons returned to the world

What's the connection?

No alchemists in the show

no. you're not humble if your humility is self-proclaimed.

>Book:
Probably a plant from the Martell's to drive Cersei to further make bad decisions and exact their revenge against the Lannisters.
>show
I'ma creepy dude!

Why would she care? She's the fucking queen now and the Sept is in ruin.

>not reading the thread

Without book source their hack writing has been exposed.

Yes
Cleganebowl IS happening you dumb bitch!

also, there's nothing humble about becoming more powerful than the king, even if it is (supposedly) in the name of god. he was on a power trip and thought his beliefs made him untouchable

There was the one in season 2 who alluded to there being more.

I'm talking about in relation to a possible Clegane bowl

Magic is back bitches

nice triple dubs bro

Yeah, and Cersei doesn't exactly have any ethics, so she's probably a good person to have in charge when you're an edgelord like Qyburn

the irony

Careful with your exclamation points, aggressive newfag. You may get exposed! :^)

Cleganebowl likely won't happen because of a trial by combat.