Any music you want to listen to readily available to you in a couple of clicks

>any music you want to listen to readily available to you in a couple of clicks

>ability to store thousands of artist discographies onto a 5 inch portable machine which lets you access your favourite music at any time

>can listen to practically anything you want for free whether it be from music streaming, pirating, etc., no need to own a physical copy

>it's never been easier to discover artists you enjoy, don't have to rely on the radio anymore

Is it fair to say we were actually born in the right generation? Maybe the best one?

Other urls found in this thread:

stevelawson.net/2010/10/music-is-worthless/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes

Pirating music is illegal.

The trade off is that nobody makes good music anymore and there's no such thing as music scenes

REAL MUSICA WAS MADE WITH REAL INSTRUMENTS \m/

That's actually an awesome way to see it

We still have access to all thz actually good music

nigga pls

The real trade off is that it's harder to find good music amongst all the junk.

totally this.
today music is awesome, it's just diluted with garbage and home made productions more than in previous decades, due to the internet, social networks, bandcamp, etc.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. Think about the fact that your great grandfather probably only saw at MOST 2-3 pairs of tits in his entire life.

Ye and you probably wont see any irl

i constantly think how if i were this age 20 years ago i would work hard ot get into a good paying job so that i can get vinyls/cds, vhs, games, books... fuck that know, i dont earn shit and have it all for free. what a time.

Were you by any chance born in the wrong generation you queer jew

>>/reddit/

it's legal in my country

>unless it is the newest Jandek release

>i dont earn shit and have it all for free

Millennials in a nutshell, everybody

>The trade off is that nobody makes good music anymore
not true at all

>there's no such thing as music scenes
hahahaa holy shit leave your house you fucking virgin

lol we don't get shit for free man we're all in serious debt

Lmao y'all shouldn't write cheques that y'all's butts can't cash

The painters was released like 2 weeks ago senpai

How is this a bad thing? If food was easy to create and free to spread an unlimited amount to everybody, how would this be a bad thing? It would be seen as a miracle, and the internet should be seen as the miracle it is too.

the painters sucks lol

And yet most people still listen to nothing but the fucking radio.

>Country has no intellectual property laws
What shithole is this?

When all media is free, everything essentially becomes worthless. Nobody takes the time to actually enjoy it. They are constantly looking for new music before they've even listened to what they've downloaded

that's a hell of an assumption/generalization

Generalization is OK when the majority is doing it

do you have proof that the majority is doing it?

stevelawson.net/2010/10/music-is-worthless/

I am guilty of this.
Currently have a massive backlog of music i never listen to because before I can I'm downloading more music.

did you know that you can listen to music while you download music

mindblowing i know

But what's the point if you aren't focused on what you're listening to? Eventually, you download so much stuff that it becomes more about collecting than listening.

I'm not seeing any actual statistics on that site.

Well made home production is great. Only in todays world can anyone be a musician thanks to the possibilities opened up by technology. Of course there are those that don't take it seriously and just released a lot of half baked music. You just have to find the hidden gems

>But what's the point if you aren't focused on what you're listening to?

Do you need to watch the progress bar going up in complete silence when you download or something? Add a number of things to download, listen to some albums while they finish. When they finish, listen to some of them while you download more. Rinse, repeat.

I have 360gb of music and i've listened to every single album at least once. Everything i download goes to a queue where i listen to them eventually. Nothing is lost.

But are you enjoying the albums? Have you formed an emotional bond with them? I'm guessing not.

>But are you enjoying the albums?
yes. or not, when the music sucks
> Have you formed an emotional bond with them?
Impossible to form an emotional bond in just one listen. Anything i like gets added to my mp3 player so i can listen elsewhere. This is how i make my emotional bonds. The binge downloading/listening works as a selection for me.

>year 2317
>now albums come in suppositories
>you stick an album up your ass and is stored forever in your brain and you can listen to it anytime you want without need of a physical device

WRONG GENERATION

that would be cool

.turboflac suppositories would be bigger right? you need to earn your patricianhood