ITT: directors who have never made a good movie

ITT: directors who have never made a good movie

Watchmen is alright

>has his wife's name tattooed across his arm

kek

Watchmen and the Dawn of the Dead remake are good.

Never made a movie, only makes kino. Based Snyder.

I can't wait for the divorce.

he needs to try the D.E.N.N.I.S. system

Boogie Nights though

you start :)

I like Dawn of the Dead.
Mortal Kombat is GOAT.

American Graffiti, THX 1138
The Thin Red Line, Badlands, The Tree of Life
Memento, The Prestige, Following

He's said never made a good movie, not never made a bad movie

Steven Spielberg

He's literally autistic. Stop bullying him.

Until you realize Doctor Manhatten is his self insert.

Every director in this thread is really good, other than Ratner and Paul WS Anderson.

Top kek
It's an unintentionally funny mess.

Shit, my bad

There's literally nothing wrong with that

George Lucas was good in the 70s but his recent work is appalling.

Maybe they are good on a script/acting/cinematography level, but he has never made anything that is great as cinema.

Batman Begins and TDK are better than memento and The Prestige. Forgot about Following 2bh

>meme poster can't into Malick
Ride Snyder's dick harder pleb

even the biggest malick apologists must admit he's been slipping as of late

Richard Kelly
Eli Roth
Alejandro Gonzalez Innaritu
J.J. Abrams
Zack Snyder

Yeah Watchmen was alright.
But after "Sucker punch", i can't understand why he would get hired for super hero movies.

I disagree, Knight of Cups was incredibly moving for me, and Malick at his most realized

>His films are good on every level but they're not great because they aren't art!
Wew lad

Super 8 was alright

agree on JJ abrams and eli roth but the rest are solid.

Both watchmen and sucker punch are quite alright

This is one of the most baffling posts I've ever seen on here. You just admitted that Malick's films are good on every level that matters but at the same time you're dismissing them because of some ridiculous arbitrary reasons.

/thread

This. Matrix is horribly overrated

Drive
Bronson
Valhalla Rising
The Neon Demon
The Pusher trilogy

Only God Forgives is the best film of the 21st century by a mile

Nolan's only good film was Following

>image.jpg

red dragon

THIS

>"b-but Speed Racer is so great! Muh flashy colors!"

>The Wachowski Brothers’ Speed Racer comes in Tootsie Pop colors with gobbledygook at its center.

>Speed Racer kills cinema with its over-reliance on the latest special effects, flattening drama and comedy into stiff dialogue and blurry action sequences. It really is like watching the world’s biggest HD television screen—not the visionary advance of Kubrick’s 2001: A Space Odyssey, Bertolucci’s The Conformist or Altman’s McCabe & Mrs. Miller.

>The narrative cliffhanger about Speed winning the fantastical Grand Prix with a souped-up “interpositive transponder” is less gripping than questions raised by the film’s thinned-out aesthetics and shrill sensibility—the crude, sugar rush of candy colors that the Wachowskis mistake for ingenuity. Speed Racer employs CGI to such extremes that it reverses Disney’s old-time anthropomorphism; the Wachowski’s adaptation simplifies people into cartoons.

>Royalton threatens young Speed with the assertion: “All that matters is power and the unassailable might of money!” Here’s where the Wachowskis’ naiveté is revealed: Nothing in the movie’s style challenges Royalton’s credo. The film’s budget is on the screen along with the Wachowski’s reduction of art to capitalist product. The big race scenes where Speed outguns multi-ethnic competitors who use any means of obstruction and destruction deliberately debase the famous 1959 Ben-Hur chariot race—from realism to digital unrealism. TV’s original Speed Racer series introduced kids to the stylization of anime, but the Wachowskis further it into a distortion of real experience. As in The Matrix, the Wachowskis trivialize the satisfactions of story, emotion, experience and recognizable humanity.

>To be dazzled by Speed Racer’s look is to be an ADD consumer.

There is nothing he does as a director that makes his films unique as cinema.

Ya? Who else makes films like his latest three?

You haven't posted any real argument. How are his films not unique?

>Batman Begins and TDK are better than memento
end ur life

You can shit on the matrix sequels all you want but the original is worthy of being called Kino

I win.

Worst bait in this thread.

Just because you like his juvenile films doesn't make them great or even good.

Rampage was okay

he doesn't have any prison films

Go be a pleb somewhere else. Taxi Driver, Mean Streets, After Hours, The King of Comedy and The Last Temptation of Christ are brilliant.

I'm not a pleb, though. I went through that stage on my way to patriciandom and left Scorsese there, where he belongs. Don't talk to me about being a pleb.

Those guys that made movies that ends in the word Movie. Its aeuteur gone wrong.

>hating Mortal Kombat
>hating Pompeii
>hating Soldier
>hating Death Race

Why do you hate fun, user?

QUADS CONFIRM PAUL WS ANDERSON IS GOD TIER

MEMEnto is great for ultraplebs

compared to PTA, maybe

The remake and the direct adaptation he's made are okay.

>not liking The Mummy

I fucking hate The Mummy

Also known as redditard
As to The Prestige, it was really intense until the whole clone scifi shit