Failing out of college and losing motivation to turn it around. Feels Thread?

Failing out of college and losing motivation to turn it around. Feels Thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7GbqkgmSgh0
liamrosen.com/fitness.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Really been wanting to kill myself lately. Honestly if it wasn't for my family I'd probably have done it.

I have friends, I have decent grades, I'm a skilled musician, a pilot, I sing, I'm trying to get in shape.

But I have no girl in my life.

With all the things I do, why does my life feel so meaningless without someone to share it with, Sup Forums?

I feel ya it's pretty brutal but I couldn't do that to my family so I'm just pushing through

I'm here for you, user.

How old are you, user?

The father you go alone the easier it gets to get used to it...

Since you're there might as well finish! Don't let misanthropy get to you

Fuck no you don't get a feels thread.
Get the fuck back to your studies.
Hate yourself? Go to your local gym and lift weights till you've worked it out.
Can't/won't go to the gym? buy your own weights. do push ups. Every day. Don't kick yourself if you can only do 1 or 2 for a while, - practice = improvement.

Fuck you with your self pity - it will get you NOWHERE.
Now how about we make this a motivational thread instead hmm?

20, so no drinks for your ol pal

Pain builds character. Loneliness is good for you.

Yeah motivation!
Fuck you op

It's ok man it took me a while to figure things out too just talk to your family and friends and they'll help you work through it

Don't worry about it too much, user. Keep working out you'll get there. Just talk to more girls. Practice being outgoing. Good luck, user.

heli or airplane and what ratings

thanks user, needed that

if it makes you feel any better college is a waste of time it will never make you rich

Just a student pilot working towards private, ultimate goal is atp+ job at a commercial airline.

Just pull your shit together and get that C- user. You'll regret it your whole life if you don't.

thought i was the only one here doing the exact same thing, also student pilot. part 61 or 141 school?

Thanks man. I guess I just have a hard time reading girls sometimes. Subtle hints always fly over my head.

It's not the end of the world, give it your best shot and be honest that you did and you have nothing to regret

What this fucker said
Did you come all this way to just give up?
may as well kill yourself while your at it too, right?
You wont. You'll wallow in self pity and depression and no fucking nothing with your life and become another sad pleb stuck on Sup Forums
OR
You could suck it up and MAKE SOMETHING OF YOUR LIFE
Don't know what you wanna do? Try EVERYTHING til you find things you like.
you'll meet people that way, make friends, learn skills, and importantly, develop confidence.
millions of others like you do it all the time (that's the big secret in society - there are plenty of successful happy people who used to be sad fucks cos they eventually made themselves change. Not over night, but step by manageable step).
Time to do something about yourself

>comp sci degree
>parents have nothing
>5 bedroom house on 5 acres with a pond

That's just a dumb Trump voter meme. Worked for me

61 for now. Just started a month or two ago. It's pretty fun tho. Always puts a smile on my face, helps me forget about the lack of love in my life.

i'm at a 141, been at it for a few months. in stage 2 for my flight, and going to be taking my written soon. i'm procrastinating it hard

Thanks user, OP btw, but it's hard because some people I considered friends who are in my classes really could seem to care less about me as I've started noticing so I'm gonna say fuck them and maybe try to meet at least one person who gives a shit in my classes

I bet, the written ain't no joke. Still working on landings, hopefully I'll be able to get my solo endorsement and start flying by myself soon. Why plane r u flying user? I'm flying a 1970 Cessna 172m

Was getting a ride to college from mom after a job.
Car crash.
Left with Epilepsy and 0 car.
Still glad to be alive I guess.

Yeah OP what this fucker said - it's a learning curve and there are no shortcuts when it comes to experience.

Ditto on that believe it or not - have been for some time.
But I'm improving. (and not letting it bother me too much, and trying the occasional flirt)
and that's what's important.

Sad fucks like OP (and there are many) get so wrapped up in their lives and all the little bits they don't know how to get better, or want to.
It takes effort to change in a positive way. Exchange old harmful habits for new healthier ones, doing it all bit by bit, not trying to attempt everything at once - that's how you crash and burn, but keep up some momentum in your progress.
(again the sticky on /fit/ is good for this - it reminds you about using common sense when trying to achieve goals).

You're welcome mateys - the world needs more positivity and positive mindsets. That's how men conqueror. Fuck yeah

Serve your country.

I've soloed a few times so far. For whatever reason, the wind always likes to pick up after my second landing or so each day. Screws around with me when I'm about to get to where you start flaring. Most flight schools fly Cessnas, but we fly the Piper Warrior III. Oddly, almost every plane we have at our school is a Piper (including the multi-engine plane), excluding one plane that I'm unaware of the model of which is used for learning how to get out of spins.

In our Warriors, you want to be at 70 knots when you bring the power to idle for the final part of landing. I fucked up (no one noticed besides myself) by testing it at 63 knots and 65 knots when I begin that process. Always lacked a slight bit of speed needed. My recommendation is to just not be nervous during your first solo. Invulnerability gets you killed, but a slight bit of confidence in your abilities really helps during the first one.

Good man. People are repelled by low self esteem, and if you've been a whiney bitch recently or for a while, your friends will stop caring.
If you talk negatively a lot, try to notice when you're about to and say something neutral or positive instead. (again, google shit you don't know how to do - it's better than jesus in that regard)
Don't miss opportunities to meet new people. Be easy going, friendly, etc you probably know the drill. Don't discriminate - having more friends is better for your self esteem than shunning others.
Also, don't literally say fuck them. You don't need more enemies until you've dealt with the potential biggest one in your life - yourself and your own negativity.
You'll make it mate, just always keep trying to improve things

Still bumping with motivational pics

Thanks for the advice man. For the 172, 65 knots is about idle speed on short final. I have a bad habit of landing on the nose wheel, because the Cessna's point of view makes it seem like you are in a nose up attitude at level flight.

Friend of mine that was recently killed in a car crash was a huge futurama fan. He died on my birthday a couple weeks back. Prior to that I've lost my job, my girlfriend took everything and ran off, and i'm being evicted from my apartment where I have lived for 10 years.

Ive always had to deal with nightmares, but lately they have been worse than ever. I've been waking up at night in a panic, getting sick from the anxiety caused by them, and left completely exhausted during the day.

I don't know what to do man, feels like all the work Ive put into my life over the last 15 years has completely fallen apart around me, I wish failing out of college was all I had to worry about, bu there's just nothing left man, I can't keep going.

You lot spend too much time on Sup Forums
Explore, learn, challenge yourself.
For example - I want a body I am proud of.
So I bought some books with work out exercises in them, asked some guys I knew (originally - I go by myself or with another friends now) if I could go along with them to the gym. They talked me through what they knew, I remembered as much as I could, looked online and soaked up as much info that seemed decent over time as I could till I felt I could achieve what I wanted.
Now I am the master instead of the apprentice.

Drama in court with my sons mother (we werent together, but she essentially kidnapped him and fled the state) cost me my college medical program. I had to test to get into it, it only enrolls only 9 people a year, but stress and dealing with court bullshit made it where I needed to basically throw a hail mary and ace the final to pass one of my classes.

I studied my ass off and got an 89 on the final, the highest grade in the class, but ended up with a 72.8, and in their grade scale a 74 is passing... they wouldn't bump me. Her bullshit cost me a year of my life. I attempted to re-enroll for the new session, and got wait-listed (and didn't get in).

Shit happens, it sucks, but the motivation should be how good it will feel to look back at that failure later when you're successful.

*ideal speed

I cant talk to women. Ive been talking to the girl I like for 4 days already and she has lost all interest in me. I think Im too clingy, I cant play the game.

What a bitch dude.

I made the great mistake of letting my parents influence my future. While I'm almost done with college my grades are so bad that I might not even be able to graduate at all. Now I really regret not standing for myself and pursing what I wanted to do because my father said it would not leave me any money. Meanwhile, one of my close friends went through what I wanted to do and the guy has a full time job working in a tanker for an oil company, making some good money and the guy just bought his first, nice car.

So never let others influence what you would like to do with your life, money will come, eventually.

Time to hit the gym then muthafucker
It will give you a sense of purpose,
relieve stress,
inspiration for what you can become if you try and keep trying,
a solution to your prior problems.
It will build confidence too.

Remember - your friend wouldn't have wanted you to piss away your life, and nothing would make your ex more jealous than you becoming a better person and having a more decent life than when she was around.

Read my other posts in this thread, then GET TO IT

>Failed classes you paid for
Why waste that money nigger?

Damn sorry to hear but it helps put my troubles in perspective. It's mostly the social repercussions and shit I'm worried about. All my life my parents have pushed me and it would actually kill me to let them as well and many of their friends and family down. It's pretty depressing but we all gotta do what we were born to...keep moving forward.. gl user

Anyone here ever read the Book of Pook?

Savin all of these thanks

the one problem i get sometimes is i try to flare about 5 feet too high. plane comes down a bit hard when i do this, but it's a challenge to hit the last few feet for flaring just right sometimes. as long as nothing fucks up, you're good to go. also, for clarification on the model we use, it's PA28-161. I've flown a PA28-181 a few times, and damn, you can feel the HP difference. only thing i really don't like is how the FAA expects people to be able to use the E6B (like anyone actually carries that with them when they go fly...)

Here's a story I wrote for another feels thread. A kind user screen capped it.

No problem, trips user. You enjoy em and act on em. Often.
I've picked up loads over the years, before I finally (and gradually) got my shit together.
Feel free to explore the internetz for em yourself - there's plenty out there

With scholarships and grant in aid I'm not technically paying for them which makes it worse for motivation :(

Well now you fucked up son because once they see those grade that financial aid money stops coming in

Then it's bout time you made the CONSCIOUS DECISION TO MAKE SOMETHING OF YOUR LIFE THEN

Yea really. My first landing was really good and I've just been fucking up ever since

Hey, I remember u. U were in the feels thread a couple of nights ago.

Seriously, ask ANY oldfag.
They will NEVER tell you if they had all the time they pissed away not trying and shit, they'd do it all again.
Millions have come before you and fucked up to varying degrees. The ones that give up and never try again regret it forever.
And that's a long time.
Don't be like them.

Thanks user. I shared a similar story but in college. Tears me up sometimes but I'm moving on

College is overrated

This pic is some bullshit tumblr nonsense but you get the gist of what it's trying to tell you

19? You arent even old enough to had experienced life yet. Wait a few more years, start going to bars with your friends. You could meet a chick at work or somewhere randomly. The pussy is everywhere after 21. Its all gravy until you hit 30. So dont be a little bitch and have fun.

>I have an unhealthy obsession with using my degree to help anons online in my spare time to rationalize a reason to stay a good person for another day

I have time for one.
Make it count. I can try to genuinely guide you in the right direction.

my landings went from ehhhh to good to ehh to good to trying to land too high again because i'm too focused on the random 12 knots of wind to remember to do a go around, and it kinda just keeps going like that. i can easily get the thing down fine, it's just random bouts of wind that pull you from one side of the runway to the other.

another tip: they've probably said it repeatedly already, but don't be an autistic tard like me and get too focused and try to land anyway. if something like the wind picks up randomly, just do a go around. it's normal for people to do them, and no one really gives a shit if you go around and re-attempt a landing.

Print this out. Stick it on your wall where you'll see it often

Yessir. Good evening.

quit whining and work harder
do 2 hours aerobics a day

OP again, I know it's stupid but I honestly made this my wallpaper when I was looking for a motivational background to put up when it hit me..

and you haven't bothered helping your parents out? What a piece of shit son you are.

holy fuck you are beyond retarded. you're not paying any of your own money to go to school and that doesn't factor in to you passing your classes? Dude wake the fuck up it costs like $50k minimum for a bachelors. That's gonna be coming out of your end if you fail out and ever want to go back. Otherwise, enjoy moving back in with mom and dad and working some shit job with the other failures from your home town

Haha cool mate, you got trips too!
Glad I could be of assistance. Very best of luck to you. Remember - it's ok to fail, as long as you don't let that be the end of it.

Here's some dude giving his life expereience take on it
youtube.com/watch?v=7GbqkgmSgh0

pilotfag here too

PPL but in coolege for cpl multi ifr

canada

I've been there OP. Basically spent 2 years of my life thinking about suicide daily to the point that I wasn't able to concentrate on coursework when I got home. I was just walking through life in that mild dissociation of the severely depressed. The anxiety I experienced daily over it was on par with withdrawing from a 5 month benzo habit. I was also heavily self-medicating with MXE and opiates, and the depersonalization from the the former compounded everything horribly.

Like many anons in this thread, it was mostly thoughts of my family that kept that last guiding light from being extinguished by my apathy. I knew deep down I'd always be living with one eye on the past if I gave up. What hurt, though, was knowing that my family would know I was too. Seeing their only child squander all the opportunities he'd been provided, and the spark of ingenuity they'd spent 18 years fanning go dead; unable to do anything because they'd already done it, and it'd failed.

I switched majors from a frankly near-useless premed degree after doing some soul searching and realizing I didn't want to be a people mechanic. Ended up in a molecular biology program with an industry focus, and ended up loving it. Made me feel like I was finally doing something that could affect the world and provide a future for me. My discipline improved and my drug use went down. I just got my graduation application signed last week, and my quantitative analysis professor told me I should apply for biochemistry grad programs when he looked at my grades to sign off on my chem minor. I'm elbows deep in what's basically turned into my own master's project and has the potential to provide me a company best case scenario. If a fuckup like me can turn it around, I know you can too.

I don't know your life or your area of expertise, user. I got lucky in that what I love is what's hot right now. But I guarantee you can find some end goal to motivate you. Whatever it is, better than flipping burgers

Work hard labor for half a year. Work long hard shifts and make you heart bitter with anger. Then go back to school.

Thanks for Plaguing the thread with bullshit meant for normal people, real depression is very uncontrollable. You have this thing in your brain that keeps coming back giving you another episode, you could be doing the best ever and your Depressive disorder could fuck you up. It's stupid that people have all of these motivational quotes when we came here for feels, being able to feel those feels help you a lot more than just reading mindless inspirational quotes. Please, give me back my feels thread so I can continue on my merry way without having a mental breakdown.

How do I talk to women

Whenever I'm really bummed about anything, I look at pic related. That's the ultra deep field taken by the Hubble telescope. every spec of light you see is and entire galaxy, similar to our milky way, contailing trillions of stars. If you were to look at the specific patch of sky that the telescope is aiming at from ground level. it would be about the size of a quarter at arms length.

It reminds me of how small we are, how insignificant people's problems are compared to what's going on in the much bigger picture. helps me sometimes.

Damn that sounds just like me as I'm working on this neuroscience degree for premed. I'm actually joining a biochem virus lab which if interesting may lead me away from medicine hopefully. It's a weird situation but I know your feel

i had 3 female cousins and a sister, only male grandchild on one side of the family. we all went to the same school. only thing i ever learned about when i was around them was how deceitful women are, and how much being around them drove me to avoid relationships. my tip? don't.

No fucking way are you getting your pathetic self pity circle jerk party back.
It doesn't help you "feel feels" it just allows you to continue to wallow in self pity and your own misery, negative mindset and nostalgia.
Now, I know it can become something that is quite comfortable to remain in after a while, and the thought of leaving is scary, but your only other option IS TO WASTE YOUR FUCKING LIFE
DO YOU WANT THAT?

I won't tell you "lol kill urself fgt" but neither will I encourage your bullshit. Time to get up off your knees mate. Sure it's ok to do it when no one's looking till you feel steady on your feet.
But don't live with only regret and negativity to look back on. It seriously ain't worth it. Trust me on that.

Damn, this is deep

if i could add something, i thought about suicide daily for many years because of two things: i thought i'd never get a girl and that i'd never get work as my dream career due to some issues on my criminal record

As of today, i'm getting married in 5 months and i currently work at my dream job. Anything can happen user

Now that sounds interesting. I really like the programming and directed evolution aspects of genetic engineering, but my interest in chemistry is growing the more upper echelon classes I take. Sadly I need other classes spring quarter and can't fit in instrumental analysis, but should be getting enough experience with GC/MS and LC/MS to put them on my resume by the time I graduate.

I actually wanted to do neurology when I started school. What I found was that I was more interested in the intracellular processes that underpinned synaptic signaling than the strictly neurological aspects themselves, and then hey genetics still has the information side of things

what aspect of college ed is your forte which are difficult?
where to you go to mix among girls?
art galleries yoga classes,,do you take care of yourself?
do sports,running gymn work,left some weights?
go to church?
do any drugs?,
no man pals to do sosh stuff with,girls are like birdies geese dogs cats, they hunt in packs fly in flights of a hundred geese ( saw some today about 2k ft flying in a V)
put up a pic for opies to peruse
& assess.

my arguments were quite unclear and messy due to my anger, but nothing you can do will help if you don't know the specific person, I don't want to kill myself at all I just want to live through my daily life, and with my mood swings going haywire I need to release this anger because anger is a feeling that hides your true feelings. I use a lot of commas, fuck, but anyway, I just need to stop being angry and I don't know what I could be sad about I just need to find what it is, I hate being angry, I swear I love every damn person on this planet, and it's hard to do that when you don't feel safe expressing your feelings out in the open.

Honestly, sorry to make you unhappy man, I was angry, I still am a bit but talking about that really helped.

Now now, that's not the attitude that's gonna get you to talk to them or their panties wet.

You want to start somewhere? Google "The book of Pook" (a kind user once posted about it and now I'm returning the kindness)
It's pretty warped in ways - don't respect women, etc but the overall message for each part is clear - grow up, get up, gain confidence, improve yourself so that you have much value to others, don't let anyone walk on you.
Don't place too much respect in anything or anyone, especially women.
None of that putting them on a pedestal bullshit.

but they are human too, so basically just talk to them how you'd talk to anyone else. Give it a go.
See what works, see what doesnt. Don't be afraid to risk failure - there's plenty of people out there to befriend, chat with, etc.

Last but not least on this, I've met some lovely women. They're not all bitches, but it's a skill that takes time, experience and in many cases trial and error to identify who is and who is not. Other times it's pretty easy.

I wish i knew who was thinking about me

True true but good to hear. I like neuroscience but realistically I could only ever see using it for pre med because I'm more interested in biochem anyways which is stupid because I should've just done that major but it's too late

Ahh chill out mate, I'm trying to give you a shove in the right direction, not just rant emotionally.
Sure your situation sounds sucky, and you're right that not knowing people specifically means I cannot give them indepth advice, but we are all human here, (all male too for sure) as well as several other likely traits, so I know what is most likely and generally works overall. In short, I can make an educated guess for you.

If you read my past posts in this thread, you'll see I'm really recommending working out.
I even list many of the benefits here Anger is a great motivator to get shit done, and you'll feel a shit ton better when you've worked it out through exercise or lifting weights.
read the advice link at the top of /fit/ it'll give you the great advice like not trying to do it all at once etc.
Screw it, here it is liamrosen.com/fitness.html
The rest is up to you.

Worried about my grades, procrastinating everything, closer to suicide than ever, can't tell girl i like that im in lesbians with her because of the spaghetti in my pockets

I'm being pressure cooked by stress and it's not fun

Kill me

Going to know in twelve hours whether my mum has cancer or not. I'm really scared Sup Forums

If you'd like others to think of you, make yourself have value to others. For example, get a body you are proud of, and that others admire.
Or socialise and get as many friends as possible. If you let worrying and negativity influence you it will fuck your shit up though.
We all want to be wanted in some way.
But doing nothing to have others thinking of you, obviously doesn't do anything

forgot pic

Alrighty guys, it's 5am here where I am.
I'm gonna post a few more pics then it's off to bed for me.