Question: could one eat, and withhold in their body, a whole mile long spaghetti?

Question: could one eat, and withhold in their body, a whole mile long spaghetti?

probably your intestines are much longer than that

No they're around 10 meters

agree to disagree

Oldfags can't newfag.

That was probably bait Sup Forumsro.

If somebody would kindly give me the diameter of a cooked spaghetti strand, I can do this math real quick.

God damnit.

Seriously though can it be done?

No.
/thread

Spaghetti grows in length when boiled too right

Can oldfags newfag?

we can assume the mile length is when cooked. I want to do a volumetric approach. I only need the radius of a cooked spaghetti strand, and barilla's site is no help.

No dude, think about it this way, a one pound box of spaghetti has what, maybe 100 noodles in it, one foot long each. A mile is 5280 feet, so you're looking at 53 boxes of spaghetti. Even one box is a shit-ton to eat in one sitting, although I'm sure plenty of people could do it if they had to. And maybe a professional eater could lay waste to a few boxes. But not 53. Just no way.

If 1 spaghetti boiled is 1' long... i don't know how many spaghetti are in a box though. Has anyone eaten a whole box of spaghetti? Then there will be a constant to multiply

This

The weight of the noodle would put too much strain on digestive system.

>withhold

That doesn't mean what you think it means.

Also the answer is no, not if it is whole. The volume of 1 mile of spaghetti is much larger than your stomach and it would be difficult to swallow as well.

I'm just going to go to bed now. Thank you anons

That pic is fucking awesome

>A mile is 5280 feet

It seems so stupid when you write it down.

It's 448 strands a box, learn to count. That's 10 boxes, if you go that way. 10 pounds of water's over a gallon, and no way in hell anybody can hold a gallon of water in their intestinal tract at once. The comparison of the volume of one mile long strand of spaghetti to the volume of 25 feet of one inch diameter intestine agrees.

I don't like that you just assumed so blindly, but you are correct, the feat is impossible.

There are issues with the water analogy that you will see on a daily basis if you become an electrician or an electrical engineer but it is really solid for teaching the basics.

go with about 2mm. thick strand when cooked can reach three, but the average noodle should be around 2mm.

yep. I remembered that pasta is extruded from the machine at almost the same size as cooked, so I just looked up the dyes. the smallest I could find, the best chance, is 1.7 mm. Still not enough.

no because the sphincter between the stomach and the first section of intestine would cut it.

Back of the envelope math got me to around 215 cubic feet of pasta given average diameter of 2mm when cooked. That is around 0.0065 feet in diameter. Area of around 0.013. Multiplied by 5280 feet gets 215. 63256. I'd say that's way too much for one person.