Does Sup Forums approve of this build?

Does Sup Forums approve of this build?

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-core processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2133 Memory
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250 GB 2.5' Solid State Drive Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5' 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card
Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400 ATX Mid Tower Case Power
Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k1rym_OW5TE
youtube.com/watch?v=OtI3ghO4jZ8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

who fuckin' cares

It's alright if you're getting it for less than $1000

what's the matter bruh, you jelly?

its 1266

You should shop around more or wait for some better deals. I built a very similar PC for $850

like this ?

CPU: i5-6500
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro-ATX LGA 1151
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 1x8gb
Storage: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240 gb
Storage: Western Digital 1 TB HDD
Video Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 8GB
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 650W 80+ Gold

Don't remember brands, but its

i5-6600K
Micro-ATX motherboard
2x8GB of ram
100GB SSD
1TB HDD
GTX 1060
700W Bronze powersupply
Tesseract Deepcool Case.

you may want to use PCpartpicker or something, I don't feel like 650W will be enough, but I may be wrong

what comes to mind:

"build me the most stereotypical pc masterrace build for transitioning from console"

not much variety

Got a question for you, since I'm a rookie at building this...is this good enough to watch movies on... I don't want to buy a television... I do want a decent Monitor, big one to watch movies on and casually play games, like BF4, WoW, Crysis, League, Overwatch etc

It'd be plenty good enough for all of that, might even be a little overkill.

well, I do want it to last me for the next couple of years, hopefully, I also like your case, will it work on my build... i know... noob questions

650 is more than sufficient

Going for second best everything. Guess you just always like being in second man.

Ante up and get a used GTX1080 in Januaury when they are cheap on Ebay. The 1080Ti comes out early Januaury, so all the rich fags will be selling their old cards. Can probably get a nice after market 1080 for less than $500

Arch Bot ftw

Should work fine with any LGA1151 motherboard, my only complaint is that you can't remove the extra hard drive bays, which isn't a big deal, it would just help with airflow a little.

gtx 1080 is pointless if you aren't playing in 4k. the 1070 is more than enough for this build

btw can i ask what resolution you'll be playing on?

At max draw the GTX1070 should be under 200w at 100% usage, 400w+ should be enough for the rest of the system, as long as there's no overclocking it should be fine. Not power efficient, but isn't likely to over stress the PSU substantially either. The biggest concern is that the 12v rail is broken into 4x 20amp rather than a single rail.

thinking of getting this monitor

Asus VG248QE 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor

save some money and get a different hdd
caviar blue for example

Oh yeah man the gtx 1070 will slay anything at that resolution. Have you considered a 1440p g-sync monitor at all? I would think about getting a monitor like that to match the gpu if i were in your shoes

I haven't, but this one looks pretty nice

Acer G257HU smidpx 25-Inch WQHD (2560 x 1440) Widescreen Monitor

excuse the rookie question again... but If I did get this monitor.. then I would have change other parts in the build wouldn't I?

Absolutely not, that build will handle 1440p just right as it is.

Almost any monitor would work with that 1070, the higher the resolution the more you'll tax the GPU and lower the framerate on higher graphics settings. That being said 1920x1080 or 2560x1440 shouldnt be a problem, its the 4k resolutions that you'd take a performance hit likely.

Damn.. and I actually save about $15 with a bigger and better resolution monitor... there's something fishy here

speaking of which, I took a huge shit today that was caviar blue. It reminded me of my sister's laptop. Plus I got syphilis again from mom so this was a rough one.

I see. Goddam it, I learn more from you tech fags on Sup Forums than the dudes on Youtube, ILY fags, thank you very much, all of you, for sharing your knowledge to dumbasses like me.

No you'll be fine. If you can swing it I would buy the bigger resolution monitor (Also consider getting at least 27 inch or higher, 25 inch would look cramped at that resolution but it's not a dealbreaker)

as long as you're getting the parts for decent prices, it looks good to me. always look for deals.

>not having a fake vagina built into your computer.
pleb

you're wrong.

Not fishy the 120/140hz monitors come at a huge premium vs the standard 60hz even at the higher resolution and size. (asus is a more costly brand name than acer though also)

Biggest things to check for in the monitor is if its an IPS panel (quality), resolution size (clarity), phsical size, and hz (framerate/smoothness)

which do you believe is more reliable and durable asus or acer?

anus

I was thinking of getting the alienware aurora; what are peoples thoughts on it?

I've use products from both companies and I can't say that I've had reliability issues with either one. I don't really know what you are asking when it comes to "durable" though.

Asus products tend to feel more "premium" but in the end it comes down to personal preference

>Alienware

You like to be scammed don't you?

lol not particularly thats why im asking around

What games do you want to play and at what resolution?

Answering that question will give us a guideline for what to recommend.

Agreed.

The asus, however see below before buying it.

Asus is likely to have a higher quality panel, my personal preference unless you're going 3d is to stick with the 60hz, if nothing else the substantial cost savings, you could grab one of the larger higher resolution asus monitors for about the same price.

Generally LG and Dell have the highest quality panels, followed by samsung, asus, and the lower tiers acer, benq, viewsonic and the equivalent (just listing larger brands).

That being said there's nothing wrong with them, but they can tend to have lower quality control requirements which can affect potential pixel death and longevity of the monitor. Check what the monitor warranty is as well from the manufacture and their dead pixel policy. I believe Dell, LG and ASUS have ZDP (zero dead pixel) policy on some or all of their monitors.

There are alot of solid options out there, I mentioned other ASUS options, check these:
ASUS MX25A
ASUS MX27AQ

ive been going pretty hard with overwatch as of late but I'm planning on using it for video editing and production as well with adobe

Forgot to mention with this, its sleek looking, but the drawback is the difficult cable management and no VESA mount so careful if you want to use a different mount.

seriously drop the GTX 1070 for a 980 and get a i7 4 core with hyper thread.

What is your budget? Once you get into the video editing/production realm you're gonna want some powerful hardware which isn't cheap

Need a bigger supply, especially if you ever wanna upgrade anything.

Editing platforms tend to be more expensive, how much are you willing to spend?

>ASUS MX25A
Thanks I'm actually digging the monitor you suggested, its gorgeous, now this would work well with the build and case I have... I'm actually really discouraged about building the case and if I do managed to finish it and then I gotta install the OS.. although most likely it will be Linux, I just want to make sure everything will go smoothly for my first time, and appreciate all you guys advice

For the entire build, including the monitor and OS and all that other stuff, I have 1500 to spend, will it be enough?

Wow...that budget is really tight for what you are trying to do. You might have to make some compromises.

I can probably scrounge up everything except the pc. I got mouse, software OS and I can probably get a monitor but that being said around 1000

It'll be tight you might need a bit more to cover everything depending on the sales you can get, one recommendation on budgeting would be to piece it out.
Buy the PSU, case, OS, and monitor first (assuming you're buying windows), then get the CPU/GPU/RAM/SSD/HDD a couple of months or more later.
Monitor, case, PSU and OS are the least likely pieces to be phased out/change in a 6 month period (especially with the motherboard size and power standardization plus recent release of windows).

I told you last night what to buy...

CPU: i5-6500
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro-ATX LGA 1151
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 1x8gb
Storage: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240 gb
Storage: Western Digital 1 TB HDD
Video Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 8GB
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 650W 80+ Gold

this build going to work with the ASUS MX25A

Is this build going to be good enough to handle the next couple of years though, and what monitor do you recommend for this build?

Well 1440p would be ideal. And the intel/nvidia upgrade window comes around about every 3 years (you skip a generation). That's what a lot of us PC gamers do at least.

Congratulations on joining the master race.
youtube.com/watch?v=k1rym_OW5TE

Just pirate the OS, you new?

youtube.com/watch?v=OtI3ghO4jZ8

the thing I'm worried about is that I do not want the CPU or GPU overheating, in case I decide to fiddle around with high resolution on games like crysis or ARK etc.

yes, I am

>youtube.com/watch?v=k1rym_OW5TE
LMAO

It will not overheat don't worry, and if you want to be extra extra sure just buy one extra case fan. NOT A CPU COOLER/FAN.

You chose a decent cpu cooler and as long as you don't go crazy with the overclock I can't imagine it would overheat. And for the gpu there is a program you can download called MSI afterburner which will allow you to raise the thermal limit and crank up the fans if you choose (the fans generally do a good job on their own anyways).

You don't need to buy a CPU Cooler on an i5-6500 since it cannot overclock, the cooler that comes with the i5-6500 does a great job at keeping it cool.

Why the fuck are people saying 1500 is a tight budget? You can build a better one on that budget, OP

Good catch, I didn't read that it was a 6500. I usually just assume that when people are buying an i5 they are going for the 6600k

Idk, I thought 1500 was enough for a good rig with the Monitor

He is trying to get a 1440p monitor as well. not just the computer

"Embrace the Master Race Grease Lightning" my sides

upgrade ssd to 500gb there's barely a price difference and it'll be handier

handier?

whats the difference in benchmarks here?

Alienware products in general are shit. Either build a better PC yourself for a lot less or risk over paying for something that will only do what you want it to do half ass. I'll say I purchased one of the alienware alpha models, it was cheap and half of a paycheck and it's played everything I wanted to play and can't complain. I'm not playing on highest setting or framerates but it will play them on medium settings easy. But if you want an actual PC and not something to put in the living room, build your own. This way your know your machine better

It's a standard quality build. $1200 sounds like too much. Where are you getting your parts from?
The exact same parts are $1,041.03 on Newegg separately.
If you get them bundled in a a CPU+GPU+MOBO combo and pick out some equivalent parts that are currently on sale - you should be able to go sub 1K.

>Why didn't you build your rig during Black Friday / Cyber Monday?

I think you responded to the wrong guy

I'm getting a 386 with separate graphics soon, blow this in to the weeds.

this. alienware is such shit. i bought an aurora (base level) desktop a couple months ago. luckily i was able to return it. it crapped out after a few days, before i could even get everything set up

stay away

since its the K varient i would drop the evo and get an H60 or equivilent. You can get 4.5 to 4.7 out of that cpu if you put it under water

6600k is roughly 20% faster than the 6500 stock

power supply is overkill for that setup

The Hyper 212s are amazing coolers. Swap out their stock fan for a PnP Noctua config or some other quality after-market fans you you'll be good.

I've been running my 2500K at 4.8 GHz for about 5 years. I've only reapplied TC twice. Regular maintenance.

Geeze dunno where you lot live but there is a middle ground between buying fucking alienware and risking the (potential - it does happen) construction and compatibility nightmares of a full self made custom.

I've found the smaller custom build outfits locally to be excellent. YMMV, and most these days are asian uni students making an extra buck, but that doesn't mean they're bad.

They really are
>tfw ordered a noctua nh-u14s for my build, but it was going to arrive 4 days after everything else
>tfw friend threw me a spare 212 he had
>tfw its so quiet and keeps it so cool now i dont feel like switching it out

Also you should get 3000mhz ram, 2133 is pretty slow for DDR4, plus with that mobo you can go all out.

Ill check it out.

running at 4,8ghz for 5 years on air cooling would literally torch up the chip. i call bullshit

speccy thread ?

this build is about 2 years old by the way

500gb vs the 1TB SSD? decisions..

No.