Wow, this album is fucking amazing

Holy shit its a 10/10, just listened while high as fuck and it sounds like pure perfection. There's a weird nostalgia to it...you know? Dark and gloomy but really happy and thinking forward.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sZ7Mu8YJbSU
youtube.com/watch?v=mxG8luGAvIw
youtube.com/watch?v=ftqkP3n2qLU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I actually prefer it to Geogaddi

I always thought BoC had sort of a nostalgic sound to them, might be their use of warm analog sounding stuff.

Word but they are so different, I find that all of their albums fit different moods. Geogaddi is the go-to nighttime record.

This. Love all their albums but Geogaddi will always be top

Agreed. Geogaddi is another type of great but I think this still beats it overall. It's so well done and feel good/not as dark too which I like. It's so good.

you say that as if it's an uncommon opinion

yeah man, i was obsessed when i first heard this too. check out autechre if you havent yet

ORANGE

I don't understand the association between Autechre and Boards of Canada that people have. I mean sure, both are IDM, but there are thousands of IDM artists. Boards of Canada is nostalgic and hazy, their sound creates past memories and human thoughts. Autechre is the exact opposite for me, they are clean and pure. There is no nostalgia with Autechre, everything sounds futuristic and new.

I can never draw any connection between BoC and any of the "similar artists" desu

Autechre can be soulful sometimes imo

youtube.com/watch?v=sZ7Mu8YJbSU

This one especially after the 4:50 mark
youtube.com/watch?v=mxG8luGAvIw

Goz Quarter
Pen Expers
Krib
Gelk
The Plc

pretty much all boc is great but we all know who the GOAT is

Not GOAT but highly underrated

Agreed. Many comfy tunes on CH

3rd best, maybe better than geo depends on if u prefer dark shit or not but yeah hella dope album and sick ass cover too!

Geogaddi (because of Music Is Math, Julie And Candy and 1969) > CH > Twoism > MHARTC > In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country > Trans Canada Highway > Tomorrow's Harvest

>mfw I never noticed how on One Very Important Thought the pitch rises over time until now

>Trans Canada Highway
>2nd lowest
I'd place it just below Twoism

Woah also Chad are you okay? You look a bit pale, chum.

How could you forget their lowkey masterpieces in A Few Old Tunes 1 & 2???

actually, let's just face it...

Geogaddi > Everything else > TH

TCH should be the last, most lackluster EP out there, even though it has two great tracks.

>people still hate TH
is everyone stuck in 2013?

Roygbiv and Aquarius are GOAT

but they'
re best song was on TH
youtube.com/watch?v=ftqkP3n2qLU

but on the whole the album was wishy-washy and weak

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that's right

boc contrarians are the worst

You might like Twoism btw

His opinion isn't even that contrarian though.

why do you feel the need to listen to music high to appreciate it

Portishead > BoC

Their best

It's probably my least favorite of their pre-2005 releases, the bleep bloops and dnb breaks all feel a bit too synthetic and added in. Their early tapes are much more hazy and lo fi, their EPs are more hypnotic, Geogaddi is more dark. If OP hasn't already, listen to those.

>new order > radiohead

MORE LIKE BOREDS OF CANADA

>in this thread: kids pretending pic related isn't their best. How ingenuous are they?

I can draw a connection but I don't see why people call them similar generally. Like how Aphex is normally compared to BoC when the majority of his stuff has the really fast and chaotic drums that are pretty much the antithesis of BoC stuff. SAW sounds a bit like it could relate to BoC but really only a few songs are close.

I think it's more "if you like unusual electronic music that fully exploits the capabilities of electronic sequencing, sampling, and synthesizers, you'll probably like these artists"

MHTRTC boasts heavy Amber influences.

yeah Autechre is too cold
Movie Magick sounds more like BoC

I think the reason why AT, BoC, and Autechre are always compared is because they are the most recognized artists in IDM. All their sounds are different, but anyone that likes IDM would like all 3 artists.