Alcohol thread

Alcohol thread
Just tried maker's mark for the first time and has been the best whiskey i have tried. Anyone have any other opinions

>buying american whiskey

makers mark is shit

Thats why i am here, tell me what is better

Do yourself a favour a make the egg nog recipe from the Makers Mark website. But use half of the bourbon they suggest first time.

If you want a better bourbon, drink Woodford Reserve

Straight IPA, homie.

Personally I like rebel yell, granted it's burbon whiskey, but I liked it quite a bit more than makers and it's cheaper.

drinking gin rn

Jameson is the way to go

my nigger

Amaretto Disaronno. No I'm not gay.

Jameson Ginger Ale is my drink of choice.
preferably Canada Dry, but thats just me

"Sailor Jerry's, sure sign of a fucked up night"

higher priced bourbons i like: pappy van winkle 12 year, pinhook, bulleit 10 year

equal priced to makers: bulleit, bulleit rye, woodford reserve, jim beam black, angels envy

cheap but awesome: old grandad, very old barton, old forester

Glenfiddich is pretty good, Glenmorangie would be up your alley.
Don't let these hipsters tell you anything, nothing wrong with bourbon. Woodford Reserve is really good, Bulliet makes a good product. If you can ever find a good Canadian Rye it's well worth the try. Make sure it says it is rye though, most Canadian whiskies are going to corn or barley these days, so make sure it says RYE. Crown Royal Northern Harvest is not bad, Centennial is my favorite, Canadian Club 100% rye is good also. Don't mistake this for regular Canadian Club to be good, it's not. Forty Creeks are all good.

Japanese whiskies are actually really cool and making a lot of noise, the Nikka or Hibiki are both awesome but I don't think you can go wrong with any Japanese whisky.

there's overpriced overhyped bourbon, and there's WR

look for edradour, scottish single malt.

handmade in scotlands smallest distilley, aged 10 yrs or better more if you can afford

Woodford is gas. Drink Bookers op. $10 and far better. If you wanna keep it cheap get rittenhouse and some bitters

Can't go wrong with the bookers
Don't poo on the woodford tho bruh

Maker's is OK for mixing but not straight up, an Old Fashioned with Maker's is one of my favorite drinks. Try Glennlivet or The Balvenie if you can get your hands on some, shits bomb yo

mah boi

Just sick of it. All I hear is woodford this, bulliet that

Elijah Craig is very smooth

>OP here
Thank you gentlmen. my wishlist has grown. I'm basically a virgin when it comes to alcohol, just has never my thing till i found out i love straight whiskey

it grows on you, if you ever want to go for a higher bottle, the oban 14 might get you into the more smokey peaty scotchs, or the lagavulin 16

Pretty much any kentucky bourbon is good. I like old crow

ITT: Reddit metrosexuals using alcohol to pretend they're classy adult men instead of manchildren.

not gonna lie, makes me feel good sitting here with my steak and my bourbon with the wife beside me with the kids in bed

I like this shit

that file name

I'm a fan of Eagle rare and knob creek. Maker's didn't set well with me when I had it. If you're looking for more of a "cheap high end" whisky, Gentleman Jack is pretty smooth with little to no burn. I also enjoy Jim Beam Black, their 8 year distilled is really good as well.

I Went from makers mark to Glenfiddich

Love Glenfiddich

Have tried some other whiskys but dont like that smoke flavor some of them have...

can anyone suggest another whiskey that does not have that smokey flavor ?

OP and anyone that enjoys Jameson.. try Powers and thank me later. So fuckin good straight

Pour some of that into your orange juice at breakfast

I work in a liquor store and have taken multiple classes on this shit bruh

My ex drank it, now I don't like it.
Also Im an idiot. Wife material and I ignored her and fucked random girls every week instead of bwing at home getting loved by her.

This is my favorite

dude you fucked up... but

you can get another one just as good, dont lock yourself into this bs that she was the best ever..

stop chasing fuck toys and you can get another good one..

all the best bro

If I hate Jim Beam, will I like anything suggested so far?

i used to drink jim beam.. actually drinking it now.. imo Glenfiddich is in another league

Jim beam is like drinking acid

Just stay away from islays and you'll be fine, try some sherry casks, they'll add a bit of a fruity sweetness, glenmorangie lasanta is good, very intro to scotches.

bro does that have a smokey flavor to it ?

similiar to Glenfiddich ?

Maple is good from them tho

19 year old who drinks socially here

How to get high end whiskey?

Yes. Peat smoke, it is a staple islay whiskey. Very refined, 16 yr

Angel's Envy

I used to drink it for a while, then I got into Bulleit, Blanton's my favorite right now.

OP Here again
i appreciate the quality responses. Jim Beam is my dads choice so i will try the black soon. Everything else will come in time. Thanks gentlemen. I appreciate your time and advice

does all islay whiskey have that peat smoke flavor ?

If you think Glenfiddich is smokey, just you wait.

Not similar to glenfiddich. Most similar to Lagavulin 16, or a Laphroaig 18. It's not the peat bomb you get from a laphroaig 10 though, which can be offputting to people.

thankyou broski for an informative and quality thread

A yurofag would know how to cast gay. They've been casting it at each other for thousands of years.

Good stuff, not too expensive, but not available everywhere

Have you had the Ardbeg?

Yes, just the way they make it traditionally, some highlands can have smoke too. Honestly just keep getting your feet wet and try them, they'll grow on you undoubtedly.

I've got just what you need Sup Forumsro
1 shot of this and you'll be in heaven
Cleans the insides pretty good too

>Lagavulin is most similar to Lagavulin
You don't say.

No. but he major ones do. It's a staple of islay Scotland.

Lagavulin, Laphroaig, Ardbeg, etc.

World renowned companies. Look, it's weird at first. First glass I ever had was Laphroaig 10. With ice, did not like the experience. 2 weeks later I tried a Laga 16 neat. Mind was blown, never went back to the highlands and speysides (glenfiddich example)

By the way... imo best bang for ur buck in terms of quality is glenfiddich 15, if you want non-smokey

Pretty much all i drink these days is beer and Sailor Jerry's

forgot pic

Yes. My fav is Ueguidail. Second is Corryvreckan and third is 10. I have bottles of all of them.

Comparable I like laphraig 18 and 10 cask strength.

Peatirst of them all IMO Laphroaig 10.

George Dickel White Corn Whiskey. Fucking delicious and has a kick. Frankly, everything George Dickel makes is amazing and very reasonably priced. My go to liquor right now.

Hibiki is great.

I think the lagavulin 16 really opens the door to peat.

Thanks. I appreciate that, and you.

Thanks for pointing out my Hurrrr.

Noticed after written, didn't care to fix.

Should've known 4chalms would call me on it.

Had a bottle of Laphroiag a year ago and I agree, though my wife would complain of the smell from three rooms away the moment I uncorked it.

Drinking Buffalo trace now

It's so delicious. I love Rum so much. Drink it straight, mix it with Cherry Coke, whatever. It's the drink that makes me feel better.

Lost hard.

Thanks user, needed that one.

makers mark is fucking horrible

orange m&m
shot of makers mark and a large glass of blue moon with a slice of orange

Orphan barrel, nigger. Thank me later. If you're doing manhattans or old fashioned's, michters rye if you like a little spice, e.h. Taylor if you like smooth. Pappys I'd always quality, but look for a 20 year if you want good pappys.

so i have gathered. As i said preciously, i am really a virgin to liquor other than Jack Daniels and Jim Beam Devil's Cut (which i enjoyed as well)

IDK where the fuck you are from, but MM costs $47.00 a fifth here..... Fuck taxees!

So not a big football fan but hit up Notre Dame for hype energy n views. INwhiskey is there giving samples in town. Good lord best whiskey I have ever had. You won't regret it. It's slightly hard to get as you need to actually be there but $30 and it's like Jesus himself made it.

Cheers, that's my go-to scotch as well. I like to explore the options, but I always come home

This has been my favorite for a while.

Knob Creek's Straight Bourbon

Best whiskey I've ever had. Aged 9 years and bursting with that beloved whiskey flavor.

im house sitting for a rich family not far from where i work, they have a ton of wine and vodka which ive never really liked, but this was the only whiskey i found and i knew i like whiskey more than anything else they had

Try some American whiskey's. Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Knob Creek, Woodford Reserve are all quality bourbons (charred oak barrel aged, at least 2 years). I like Tennessee style better which includes Jack Daniel's (my first drink and still in my top ten), and George Dickel which is an up and coming label that I've taken a real shine to. Tennessee style mellows the whiskey through sugar maple charcoal, which imparts a sweet/sour current on it that I personally love.

horrible? c'mon. get over yourself

Not a big fan of whiskey, but I do like me some rum.

are you me?

Plebs

Best tequila

thats my boy

Same.

I venture out, last bottle I got was Hibiki 12. Phenomenal dram. Went right back to Laga after. It's great, but I know who I am.

Single malt scotch is better than bourbon imo.

Look for Laphroaig. It's cheap ($30ish) and probably one of the most interesting whiskies around. But it's kind of smokey and not e ergo e likes it.

If you want a nice, smooth, normie scotch then you should try Macallan 12.

It is a goddamn good and honest bourbon, I do not disagree.

Not everyone*

If i had that much hooch i wouldn't be sober long enough to be able afford that much hooch.

I'm not a pleb, i'm just not at that sort of level in my life yet.

Once i hit 50, i'll probably have a collection like that, and be blind drunk pretty much constantly.

thankyou for the info bro

Your so full of shit. It's over $50.00 a fifth, Wshington fag here.