What are some horror movies that spooked you to your core? Regardless of at what age you got spooked

What are some horror movies that spooked you to your core? Regardless of at what age you got spooked.

I watched this movie like 10-12 years ago before I knew who Kevin Bacon was and me and my brothers didn't sleep for like 2 days.

I saw Alien when I was 8 and it messed me the fuck up.

Saw this when I was like 10. I felt so fucked up

>Do you believe in God?

I suppose that the added torment was from a caterpillar I caught when I was 5 or so. There were these green ones with a fake red horn that grew on my dad's tomato plants that I thought were cool. One day I found one with these white horns running down it's back so I put him in a jar with some leaves. The over the course of a few days he slowed down a bit and was acting odd. The next day these white insects were eating their way out of him.

I watched that movie when i was like 8. It was disturbing.

Thank god i didn't watched Event Horizon back then.

>horror movies

I don't get scared by childish movies. You know what scares me? Homophobia. Racism. Sexism. Transphobia. Classism. Nationalism. These are the true demons that we need to slay but intellect is my sword.

Odd, I fapped for two days after watching it.

jesus christ that is spooky

>nobody's posted it
I guess mentioning it counts

t. reddit

My dad made us close our eyes on that part LMAO

to be young again ;_;

>here is is! get your dicks out sons! i'm not raising no faggots in my house!

Entirely different family standards.

I got so traumatized by the cable scene in Ghost Ship that I never finished the movie.

This scene and the scene with the face hugger where they are trying to sleep.

This shook me fucking good like a couple nights ago. The cinematography and acting is GOAT too

What is this?

Pulse (2001), and I forgot to add the sound design is primo too. The first half is fucking incredible, and I think it's one of the best horror movies out there because of it. Shame the second half is pretty meh barring a couple scenes.

It's also a shame I can't find a good copy of it.

J-horror really is great. Shame its reputation is tainted by the shitty American remakes that all try to look like the Aphex Twin "Come to Daddy" video

Do I need to understand nip culture to "get" it? I saw ringu and couldn't help but think it was boring as fuck

Watch some of Takashi Miike's stuff

Pulse for me hits the nail on the head in the sense that when you see those doors taped off, you get an utter feeling of dread.

The story certainly went in an odd direction, but consistently every time I saw that door, I knew the most horrific shit was about to go down.

tldr > yet to find a horror quite like it.

do you mean the ring or the grudge, because as far as I can tell both are amazing....

as is Aphex Twin's "Come to Daddy" video now that I think of it. That wasn't a bad video, probably the most horrific music video of all time, unless you count some fanmade HUMAN CENTIPEDE music video...

Pulse one was SO perfect in it's execution, event eh parts that were "cheesy" just felt more immersive then anything. Not surprised the rest failed, but it was like the Decent but with computers..

Same. I wasn't scared just felt weird as hell.

Same with Alice in wonderland. Hated it when I was a kid and refused to watch it since.

The Ring was WAY better then Ringu, but the Grudge 2 "remake" was by the orginal director, so there's that, the first one being by Sam Raimi, which was just fucking great.

Battle Royale pretty much inspired hunger games and all that other shit.

Audition wins points for just being a really bad horror movie done so fucking flawlessly, that if you're not going to stick out a slow movie, it's not going to be worth shit. I don't see them ever doing as good of a remake. The beats are very VERY well done, great actress.

but those are some essentials.

OH I AM TALKING ABOUT THE ENGLISH VERSION, not the japanese.

Bone tomahawk made me smoke a cig for a few hours after THAT scene
Nothing shook me to the core otherwise except maybe TBWP back in the day when I was like 9

>Pulse is considered kino by critics
GOAT horror movie?

bump

what are other essentials

Check out Dark Water, Noroi (The Curse), Kansai (Infection), and Ju on (The Grudge)