Holy shit, is this the first horror sequel better than the first?

Holy shit, is this the first horror sequel better than the first?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jWIi0xE3quY
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Some people would argue that Scream 2 or Evil Dead 2 already accomplished this.
I liked this one better than the first one too my nigga.

kys millenial faggot these modern "horrors" will never achieve the great horrors of the 70's or early 80's just jump scare tripe

this isn't even close to as good as the first, OP. You're losing it

Sage.

Rob Zombie's H2 is better than his Halloween.
Some would argue The Devil's Rejects is better than House Of 1000 Corpses but I think they're equally good.

Yes

Evil Dead 2
Phantasm 2
Dawn of the Dead
Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives
Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter
The Devil's Rejects

thought it was pretty amazing, atleast as good as the first one i reckon

one plot element annoyed me though, the whole tension around if male Warren was gonna die or not, anyone who knows about the real couple knows he ain't gonna die

Maybe you should watch it, theres like one jumpscare. Its pretty good, I really enjoyed it but I never said it was the best Horror movie ever made. I believe The Exorcist holds that title.

dude
will it be as shitty as Annabelle?

>1 jump scare
not him but there were definitely a few but on the same token, the movie doesn't do as well as the 1st did even insidious 3 was better than this and it's because they focused a bit more on subtle horror rather than jumpscares, the only modern horror I can even think that did horror well was The Ring(remake) based verbiniski really captured the atmosphere and subtlety that horror needs

Never saw that Shitty spin off. Im sure it mightve been good If James Wan directed, but he knew there was no story there.

watched all four movies last year for the first time. 2 is a great movie, I'd still say that the first one was the superior one though. the second one was too self-aware and made too many jokes about SJWs. it came off as being too cocky

I didn't see the first, and I don't think I will after watching this fucking garbage.
>Ed Warren plays Elvis on an acoustic guitar with orchestration added halfway through
>unnecessary Marilyn Manson über-demon for big bad
>'bleedin' eck, guv'na, it's bladdy rainy aght!'
>skeptics are evil

I really enjoyed the build up of the Babadook, I loved the way it focused on seeing things in broad daylight, just when you think you're safe.

It was alright. I think the first one did a better job of taking its time to allow suspense to build. The pacing just seemed too rushed to me.

I gotta say, Just like Pacific Rim there was no need for a secondary antagonist just to piss off the protagonist. Although, I did get real creeped out by the nun, especially when it transformed and you got a quick glimpse of its true form.

The only modern horror that was better than the first was Paranormal activity 3

Also I really liked the Elvis part, gave the film a little bit of hope, I feel if it was dreary throughout, it would've sagged in the middle.

sequel when

Better as a standalone imo

Dead space 2, Silent hill 2, Condemned 2

video games is the superior horror medium

Never. They took out huge loans to viral advertise that absolute shit movie.

How can you be scared of a Wan-man spook? They all end up acting like a Goosebumps baddy (Nun running at Lorraine with the painting in front of it's face, Darth Maul gorking around in the last 20 mins, that ghost tranny being a tranny).

VR horror is how I die, calling it now.

God damn Patrick Wilson is low key a great singer

Idk man, I enjoy different styles of Horror, and the Wan man hits a certain niche for me.

In the most cack handed way possible. Look at the pathos in the Exorcist, for example. Kinderman asking for an autograph, fuck, even Pazuzu talking to Karras in the interview. Natural and well placed. If they wanted a light hearted moment they could have had the classic Americans in Britain kissing a palace guard.

hate being chased. Outlast would be a nightmare on VR

If you give the Wan-man money your funded dogs getting boiled.

The shit niche?

Agreed he should never do another film and stick to shit crooning

Insidious Chapter 4 when?

I dont think you're old enough to post on this board.

It gets credit in my book for portraying a loving and supporting marriage well.

I also like how in the first film, it's Bill who yells "I condemn you back to hell" and in the second movie, it's Lorraine that yells "I condemn you back to hell".

Did Bill actually nonchalantly paint Valack (the demon nun) or was that Lorraine's daymare?

James Wan makes the most stale, boring, basic horror films I've ever seen? How can I be so wrong. Critics and you faggots loved it. What am I missing? Didn't anyone really like "spooky tables moving around 90 minutes" or "VALAK I WROTE YOUR NAME DOWN" or lack of any development?

Good one?

The movie was fine. The shit from Is fucking dreck

The name of the demon "Valak" can be seen six times in the Warren's home. First during the scene at the table after Lorraine sees the painting Ed has painted - you can see the word Valak in the colorful bangles hanging from the window and also behind Lorraine (V pops out of the word 'love' and the rest of the name is written in wooden letters). Then when their daughter is making her bracelets, all three bracelets have 'Valak' spelled out on them. The fifth and final time was when Lorraine sleeps as her daughter plays, Valak is spelled out on the bookcase with large letter ornaments.

Did you notice "valak" written with the wooden blocks on the bookshelf in their home?

If you thought this was fine then I'm glad I never have to deal with you ever in my life because I'm assured your taste in horror is shit
Kill yourself faggot

Nice eyes man! I knew I saw it more than once, I could only remember the wooden letters though

My body isnt ready, The first one fucked me up bad, for the right reasons

Likewise, wouldn't want to know someone that close minded and closeted.

so YOU're the idiot thats going to buy RE7

Never played a Resident evil. Nice shitpost though, you should call your mom down into the basement to show her.

your post make literally 0 sense. go watch the re7 video and then respond you fucking tard

Why do you do this to yourself?

Did they ever figure out what the finger does?

youtube.com/watch?v=jWIi0xE3quY

I'm a fan of the demons of the Georgia and got confused when valak was a nun but then I realize that's a form to offend but when it got banished, it showed it's true form and it still wasn't a boy riding a two headed dragon?

What the fuck?

Fatal Frame 2

Just saying the name gives me chills.

Not sure what you mean. I didn't watch the whole thing because that shit isn't RE.

Good for them for trying something new, but put a different name on it.

VR is going to be the new wii. Worthless for gaming, only bought by parents trying to buy the love of their children

>Georgia

LITRRALLY GO FUCK YOURSELF APPLE

Like did they ever beat the demo? Capcom kept saying that you could beat it somehow.

Insidious 2 is better than Insidious and Insidious 3 is better than Insidious 2.

That screenshot is the only bad part of the third movie. That red faggot is the reason for part 1 sucking so much ass.

this

Also, many Friday the 13th sequels surpassed the original.

>The VVitch
>The Neon Demon
>The Conjuring 2
>Green Room
>Hush
>10 Cloverfield Lane
>Lights Out and Don't Breathe are going to be hella f*cking epic

I-is horror becoming kino?

I dunno, I only watched the trailer. Shit is not even a game. Just a tech demo

It's always been.

Tomsin is such a qt

>horror

I don't get scared by childish movies. You know what scares me? Homophobia. Racism. Sexism. Transphobia. Classism. Nationalism. These are the true demons that we need to slay but intellect is my sword.

I agree with you sir. You are a gentleman and a scholar

Jesus Christ.

Was "The Wolfman (2010)" kino or nah?

>werewolves
>kino
Pick one, or pick The Werewolf of Fever Swamp