ITT: Albums you wished you liked more

I hate people who say "I don't get it". Like seriously. Fuck off. I like this album. I just wished it would have given me more.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q_NKtGTstVw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The fucking screeching. I love Penny Dreadfuls, Chocolate Girl, Someday I'll Grow, and Alvin Row though. La Rapet and Bat You'll Fly are pretty good as well.

People are always gushing about how it's a masterpiece but I can't hear anything more than a good pop album

It's pretty okay but what the fuck guys.

agreed, enjoy the first 3 tracks but kinda start getting bored with the last two.

Ok her voice is beautiful
Ok the songs are atmospheric and ethereal
Ok
Doesn't mean it's good

I used to enjoy that album but I overplayed it and now its boring :(

Seriously this, it definitly has some good songs, but most of it feels like filler.

this album ha basically 3-4 good tracks, that's it. so overrated.

>Like seriously. Fuck off.

Fuck off. Don't fuck with one of the greatest albums of all time.

you don't get it.

this. it doesn't seem like anything special to me after countless listens
maybe it will click one day but I don't really like it that much now

chill dude. this thread is literally for albums that you wish you liked more. How is he fucking with anything

every time i listen to it i'm hoping ill have some revelation and it'll blow my mind, but it never happens. i do like it though

Kid A, OKC, In Rainbows, A Moon Shaped Pool

Mainly with Kid A onwards I just can't get a lot out of it

Fuck slint.

same with me. I wish someone can explain me why is this so big. Just because it was good at the time?

pretty much all the albums posted here were amazing for their time but have influenced so many albums after them that what made them brilliant and original has been obscured.

Except . Personally I think the screeching is what adds to the unique character of the album but hey, that's just my opinion.

I really wanted to come out of this album thinking "this is perfect" especially considering that's what the singles made me think but there's so much fucking filler it's ridiculous.

it's partially an emotional thing, and those harmonies

the second half of the album is much better than the first half imo

post punk aged badly imo

This entire album is gold. Every song. Before you judge, take yourself back to the release date instead of considering it was released in todays world

i can tell it's a great album but it doesn't click the way other albums do with me

Why don't you eat carrots?
Kinda with you there. I still think the album is a masterpiece, and I understand why. I love just about everything about the album, just not as much as people on here. Washer, when I first listened to it and now, hasn't really done anything for me that I've read elsewhere and here it's done for people. The climax is just another part of the song for me, I didn't even think of it as a climax until someone pointed it out. I feel like Slint's contemporaries, those folks in Rodan, nailed darkness far better than Spiderland.

>I feel like Slint's contemporaries, those folks in Rodan, nailed darkness far better than Spiderland.

who

youtube.com/watch?v=Q_NKtGTstVw

LYSF is my favourite album of all time, and the lowest I would rank anything else they've released is a 9/10.

For some reason this album just doesn't appeal to me as much. I do really enjoy it and have listened plenty of times. The outro for motherfucker=redeemer pt2 is outrageously good. But it feels like it's missing something that the other albums have, even Asunder which is really just one long song they put into album form.

Maybe it'll click one day. I know a lot of other people feel it is their weakest release. I wish I knew why though.

Same. One thing that improved it for me was imagining it conveying the tension before your village gets bombed.

That's a fair point actually. Now that I think about it most of their other releases have their own version of that. Like with LYSF I always imagine the album being a portrayal of a life from start to finish, with the very end sounding like an ascent into heaven.

Yanqui didn't make me feel anything like that, but now that I think about it it's very much like a war raging on as it progresses. I think I'll give it a few more listens and go into it like that, might enjoy it a bit more.

At least I'm not the only one.

This album really aged badly.

Normally when you 'hate' someone saying something, it normally means they're right and you're an idiot.

yeah, I think a big part of it is that it lacks vocal samples, save for the Reagan one that's only on the LP.

Are you talking about the CD or vinyl version? The vinyl version has an extended ambient opening for Motherfucker=Redeemer part 2, as well as George Bush Cut Up While Talking at the end.

closer is the real deal, up is really not that great

Anything by Pink Floyd

Just sounds too dreary, like it's a rainy day and nothing is happening

to pimp a butterfly. it's just so boring. section 80 and GKMC are wayyy better

So what you're saying is, it didn't age well.

I feel you, for me it eventually did click though, but click is the wrong word. I just found myself listening to it more and more, and in different situations (e.g. wanted to play it while experimenting certain drugs, found myself listening to it a lot alone with headphones). It's slowly creeping up my favorites but it's a really slow journey there.

This and Surfer Rosa. I don't understand for the life of me why they're considered classics.

You mean around the time albums like Daydream Nation, Isn't Anything and You're Living All Over Me were brand new? Yeah, still not getting it. Only song between the two that I think is worth the hype is Something Against You.

DB's Blackstar.

I was a bit disappointed when I first listened to it but at least he was back to working on albums, right?

Then he died.

I am in love with this album, it's so dark sounding and eerie

disorder: personal 10/10
everything else on the album besides shadowplay maybe: ehhhhhhh

it's still better than closer though

No respect for She's Lost Control, New Dawn Fades or Day of the Lords? And Closer absolutely is a stronger album as a whole. UP merely has the more iconic songs but songs like Passover, Twenty Four Hours, and The Eternal curb stomp most of UP.

Lmao. Here's a reply.

I dig it when im trying to sleep. It clicked while I woke up listening to it on a long bus ride

American Water by Silver Jews. I found the instrumentation to be extremely boring and while the lyrics are definitely great and very clever I just can't stand the vocals. It sounds like he's doing a bad Lou Reed impression. A bit too apathetic as well, I can definitely tell that it must have been groundbreaking at the time though.

Oh wow so you have no original opinions then?

I guess its just how it hits you. Yesterday this album didn't really work but today it brought tears to my eyes. the harmony is great and I could go on all day with objective reasoning but in the end its just what you like.

This. I enjoyed the album for what it is, but I could never find myself falling in love with the album. Maybe I just didn't listen enough, because it seemed a bit repetitive to me? I could probably give it another listen.

This album. It never really clicked as the masterpiece everyone calls it here, but I still think its a good album.

The tracks with viola really stand out to me. Sure, one can vouch for the boundary pushing themes at the time but Heroin, Venus in Furs, and even Black Angel's Death Song strike me as powerful and inspired even today. But I do feel it's pretty much just a set of solid songs otherwise, 50 years removed from its original context.

Listen to it driving around town at midnight on a rainy day.

This was back in high school, though. I haven't spoken to those guys in years.

Every Pink Floyd I've heard
Every King Crimson I've heard
Pink Moon
Yeti
Children of God - This goes for every Swans I've heard I guess but this is my favorite out of them, but I don't particularly love it
A Love Supreme

I felt completely opposite about it. I thought it completely fell off in the second half except Where I'm Going, Friend Zone, Them Changes. Everything from Drink That onward was really forgettable.

oh and Yerself Is Steam. I like Boces a lot though

>he doesn't like one of the most influential bands made

>Yeti
the album just sounds one big fun psych experiment, I don't think there's a major underlying message to "get", at least to me. not to say this is bad, it's one of the greatest jam albums of all time, and the guitars absolutely blare

Honestly, the main problem I have with it is the electric violin. I just hate the sound of it.

bump

Bob Dylan. Just no reaction from him at all.

I hated this album first couple listens. Only when I listened to it when I was in bed at 11 at night did I really start to appreciate the album. Especially Sometimes.

Kys

This so much.

Insight-Shadowplay is a great 4-track streak though it really does fall off afterwards. In general the album isn't anything in particular other than having extremely good production, the instruments (aside from Morris' drumming) are bare-bones although given that Hook and Sumner were inexperienced it is fairly excusable. That being said Closer is a brilliant album and is executed far better in every conceivable way.

As said, the tracks using the electric viola (Heroin and Venus in Furs) are godly, though I will admit that after the musical explosion 2/3 through Heroin everything else feels a bit bland afterwards, although I'll Be Your Mirror is still a very sweet song and the backing vocals are pleasant enough.

Pic related, I really don't see what's so great about the album, I gave it a good 20 listens and save for THHEEE PAARTEEEE (or however its spelt), nothing really stuck out for me, it just sounded like normal EDM.

The Dark Side of the Moon, all Talking Heads i've ever heard

same here, although I like it but I don't think it's that good, and most of the people I know from RYM didn't like it that much, so I don't think you'll have to worry about it

lol srsly.

burp

belch

Take a subway trip around the city on a rainy night. It'll click

Same, I honestly can't stand this album.

still better than closer

why do you wish you liked an album more?

all you said plus original sound, catchy melodies and good production.
I think it's more than enough to make it good.

took me almost 2 years for it to click.
Still don't think it's the best album of all times, but it got me into shugazi stuff instantly.

It's very pleasant and well made album, but I'm still waiting for the day I will give it 9+/10

God-tier songwriting, arrangements, production and feels