I need people to talk about arthur russell. please guys there must be a few here who like him?

i need people to talk about arthur russell. please guys there must be a few here who like him?

always how he grew to his cello and put out these almost stealhtily pop records. it's some of the most touching music i've ever heard.

and then there is "Love is overtaking me" (which is incredbile) for those who need a easier route to get into this force of light.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jqiqrRlQt5g
youtube.com/watch?v=LoXHw8KQFhM
youtube.com/watch?v=dkz9dgC5eDg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Passionate wonderful musician. As long as we aren't calling him GOAT happy to agree.

I even liked Corn

Oh yeah, i was expecting something redundant but honestly sublime. i love you man. every arthur fan is a friend of mine.

everyone tell how arthur touched u

was hoping when kanye sampled he would become popular but nothing still
tho i seen some fashion runaways play his music so thats a positive
youtube.com/watch?v=jqiqrRlQt5g

Wild Combination: A Portrait of Arthur Russell is a decent biopic

yup, i've seen it. very interesting although liked to keep to himself so not a huge story to build around that. mostly was amazed by what kinda people he surrounded arthur and how they respected him so.

i will use the word genius.

youtube.com/watch?v=LoXHw8KQFhM

i need to post this one. everyone unfamiliar click my shit

hey i can barely form a sentence can i get a bump. mu i knw u guys still have it

ok one more try for arthur (my dude)

yeah he gud

rip bb

She's the star
She's the one

rip

Love Athur. Great to see someone who loves him so much, innovative and creative musician who made some great music.

Listened to Another Thought recently. A Little Lost and This Is How We Walk On The Moon are great songs. Probably gonna listen to it again and then some his other stuff. Where should I go from here?

for sure.arthur was one some shit ppl still havent caught onto

"Love is Overtaking Me" if you wanna hear how brilliant he was at writing simple pop songs. "Calling out of context" if you want some of background in disco to shine through and have a baller ass time.

does anyone know what's up with his face btw? Never gets mentioned, and I'm curious

I enjoyed the movie. There wasn't enough of Arthur actually talking in it though. I understand that he probably didn't do many interviews, but really only two times did we hear him speaking in the movie.

My favorite material of his is definitely his experimental/minimal classical and ensemble music. His dance stuff is great and I like his solo cello+vocal performances too. Even his singer songwriter stuff produced some great songs.

Evidently there's even more Arthur we haven't heard that should be coming out sometime. There's an Arthur exhibit in NY that's going on either right now or soon that features his music. Like they're going to be playing unheard Arthur stuff in the art space and you can look at his music scores etc.

acne scars

that sounds unbelievable. i wish i could witness that. please go there and have a good one for me.

I wish. I'm all the way in CA. So that's not happening unfortunately.

>My favorite material of his is definitely his experimental/minimal classical and ensemble music.
are you referring to his work with the Necessaries?

I was referring to Instrumentals and Tower of Meaning.

oh yeah i love those.
instrumentals is underrated by far

tfw it was conceived as 48 hours of music and we only have like an hour of it

damn, well that is understandable.. it's a fine thing to hear that arthur is still being introduced to ppl

honestly think he might be one of the most underrated artists (i know the story)

i mean the records had to be 'rediscovered' after his death so ppl even got a good look at what this brilliant musician was doing

dapped

jfc
>tfw not rich enough to hurry up the releases

first heard him when kanye sampled him. Found out that some of my favorite artists (james murphy, dev hynes) cite him as an influence

Yeah it's a shame for sure. His boyfriend owns the rights to all of his music I believe, and owns many demo cassettes and probably old masters and so on. I assume that he wanted to only release the stuff that he knew Arthur really liked or whatever but I wouldn't be surprised if a boxset of stuff was coming out soon or something. It's interesting how everything had to be released in basically small quantities like little singles and EPs because his output was so varied it must have been hard to put tracks into releases that made sense. Unless Arthur already had track listings for possible albums etc
We'll get them when we get them.

Talented artist who lived a disgusting degenerate lifestyle but talented artist nonetheless

stop

youtube.com/watch?v=dkz9dgC5eDg