What's your biggest guilty pleasure movie and why Sup Forums?

What's your biggest guilty pleasure movie and why Sup Forums?

pic related.

The veterans competing with the professional actors over who could be a worse actor, the dumb plot, and the unimaginative aliens. The film is objectively terrible, but goddammit the child in me enjoyed watching the navy fight aliens.

I love the 80's version of Dune... Even though it was a financial and critical failure I love the lore behind it. The acting is really bad and cheesy. The visual effects aren't that great butt it all works together to make something magical

>the dumb plot, and the unimaginative aliens
Same goes for Pacific Rim. Awful movie, the plot is almost nonexistant. The acting is thoroughly mediocre and the story doesn't even make sense at times.

Still fun to watch, as long as you're not sober.

/i think it's the exact same case for pacific rim. Pacific Rim is a better film than battleship, but it seemed like it was a collective guilty pleasure movie.

This and XxX, I don't really care that people say Vin Diesel sucks at acting, I'm having fun.

Pacific rim has a plot, it's just the worst idea for a plot that could be conceived. I mean there are hundreds of ways to defend earth that would be better than giant robots. But agreed it's a guilty pleasure - also battleship and all the Riddick movies

Gonna have to watch Dune now.

For me it's "Last Samurai" - I shouldn't like it, but I do. Ken Watanabe is brilliant imho, and the swordmaker is actually a swordmaker, making the sword for the film

Also "Days of Thunder", but mainly for Bob Duvall

Watch out, we got a film critic over here.

wasn't Last Samurai adored by critics? I never understood why. It's by no means a bad movie, but it kind of just stole the Dances with Wolves thing and put Tom Cruise in it.

So weird story. A few years ago my three year old daughter thought it was funny to put a pair of my CLEAN boxer briefs over her head and out one of the leg holes. This made her look exactly like Alia.

So I recorded her saying " He is the Kwisatz Haderach" in a super creepy voice.

I put that shit on Facebook.

Oblivion. Prometheus. I like 'em both for the aesthetics of the sets mostly. I'm a drooling fool when it comes to futuristic human ships.

66% Rotton Tomatoes; 55% metacritic - not exactly stellar reviews.

Most people praise the cinematography and the battle scenes. Cruise is just being.....Cruise

Lol fucking awesome!

>Prometheus
That's a great movie. It's supposed to make you feel ambivalent that's why a lot of people don't like it.

super hero movies

Dude I loved Prometheus yea it was a flimsy tie in to the aliens series but still good nonetheless

TRON

I just couldn't get into it. None of the characters really felt human to me. I couldn't root for the main character, I don't think the movie gave me enough motivation to get behind her. I can't put a finger on exactly why I didn't like it, but nothing in it felt particularly "great".

>You need to be a film critic to notice something being absolutely idiotic
...alright.

Even if you forget about the alien tie in Prometheus is hot garbage. That stupid scientist who freaks out at the skull in the alien structure sees a alien snake slithering around and thinks it's friendly. The c-section face hugger that grows to 1000lbs while in a sealed medbay. Charleze theron running in a straight line from the rolling spaceship like elmer fudd in a bugs bunny cartoon. The multiple half assed plots involving weyland, theron, and david.
It rustles my jimmies

Yea one of the biggest problems I had with the movie was the biologist ghosts he's like no one touch anything then he's all like space snake let's pet it

I'm not a car person and I hate that good ol' boy style, and never watched the original show.

But god damn, my friends took me to see it at the cinema, I had extremely low expectations and somehow this met all of them perfectly.

I think this movie made me fall in love with muscle cars.