You damn athiests are so sickening. Thinking you know just what life is and how it works...

You damn athiests are so sickening. Thinking you know just what life is and how it works. I know for fact that almost all your beleifs are not your own. One day,maybe not today,or 20 years from now or even 100 years,you will regret all of this.i assure you.every agression towards god and his people is another nail in your coffin.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werner_Heisenberg
en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Werner_Heisenberg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nice bait

samefag

Its ok if you think its b8. Not everyone is so adamant about the love of Jesus Christ,but there are some that are. But sure,just cop out what i said and have no self awareness at all.

Nope

You are cartoonishly stupid. Please do not procreate.

"There's a God" = ignorance
"There's no God" = ignorance
"I don't know" = wisdom

This one is not cartoonishly stupid. We need more like them.

Odd how i have a choice and you dont. You are the least qualified to dictate what is and is not optimal within society.i am sure your hedonistic thoughts and countless days of NEEThood pretend intellectualism sure is paying off,right?

Is this because God loves us so much?

God gave you a chance and you failed him. He tryed his best for you,he gave you his best and yet you turn yourself away from him. He loves you enough to try,the gates will always be open,i hope you know that.

>God
What is that?

The unknown factor that drives the known and unknown reality you live in.

"Judge not lest ye be judged."
Matthew 7:1

You're just another hypocrite nigger-cum gargling faggot.

And your blind devotion to an imaginary friend somehow empowers you with the knowledge of what constitutes an "optimal society?"

Oh boy you totally got me cornered and that obscene remark really put me in my place,god job!

Thanks! I need positive reinforcement.

The beleif system i adhere to has done more for humanity that whatever bullshit you beleive in.

>"There's a God" = ignorance
>"There's no God" = ignorance
>"I don't know" = ignorance (by definition)
>All of the evidence points to there not being a supreme deity = wisdom
>I believe there is a god despite the lack of evidence = theism
FTFY

>tfw you have nothing better to do than post bait threads on an anonymous image board

>tfw you realize your going to die alone and forgotten because you did nothing in your life other that be an insignificant cunt

OP, how does it really feel?

>You damn athiests are so sickening
*atheist
Stopped reading right there. If you're going to criticise something, at least learn to spell it correctly

>all evidence points to there not being a supreme deity
and what "evidence" is this?

Way to stay vague on what your actual beliefs are so I can't attack them logically.

I believe in reason, the scientific method, facts, experimentation and progress.

What I believe is what has brought about the digital age, let man begin to explore the stars, fed the growing numbers of humanity, developed medicines to keep those people alive.

What has religion brought the world but suffering and death?

*praise Jesus
*i know Jesus!
*he cuts my lawn on Fridays

What about agnostics who just don't give a shit?

It's a little empirical, but here goes. Go way back and mankind invented gods to explain the natural phenomena that affected their lives but they couldn't explain: storms hight, day, sun, moon
As man's knowledge grew, the sphere of influence for deities shrank and beliefs were adjusted to take this into account, to the point were we are almost at the point of understanding the world and the universe where the only argument the god squad have left to trip out is "but who made the big bang happen?".

Also, as an aside, the idea that there is one deity that would require the worship of men (that it created in its image), that it requires men to kill other men to defend its name (it is meant to be supreme) and that it would allow other false beliefs to spring up, whereas it could just reveal itself and settle the argument once and for all is all slightly ridiculous.

The argument that we are all in a sophisticated computer simulation holds more water

Not an arguement.

Not an arguement.

I was not being vague. I have come to the conclusion that god exsists,and maybe it isnt even the god i think it is,maybe its a fucking monster of unspeakable terrors or maybe he isnt there at all,but he does. Through infinite possibility he does and does not exsist. Do you understand the concept of infinity? The concept of infinity is the same as the concept as perfection. We as humans are not capable of finding what it is. But what we can do is try to emulate it as close as we can.

And what has religion brought to the world? Much more than your lack of belief.atheism did not bring the family unit,or the society you live in.it is a by product of us. We created it,in a sense. Even at an oppositional stand point we have done more for humanity than what your beleifs have done.

Guess you will burn in hell with the rest of them.

simply because humans in the past had a false image of reality is not in any way evidence of there not being an entity that surpasses our world

by definition we're incapable of knowing for certain

but don't you find it curious that the area left for a deity shrinks as we unpick the cosmos and find out how it all works and came about?

Extrapolate that and we may end up understanding it all, then there will be no room for belief in a deity

Religion has served well at bringing us out of the dark ages.

It was our first attempt at philosophy our first attempt at science even out first attempt at healthcare and that has sewn the seeds of what we know today.

So this is science thanking all religions for getting the ball rolling The beliefs should be kept in a homage to tradition but the world has moved far enough to know it ws all mostly horse shit but not far enough to have all the answers for definite.

Keep finding gaps to stick god in they are becoming less everyday.

>And what has religion brought to the world?
In the early days? Some reason to behave in a civilised manner and to explain the natural world. Oh, and crusades, and killing those who developed other belifs to explain the same stuff we all saw.

Recently? The middle east, Ireland in the 90's, Pakistan vs India; Boko Haram; 9/11; . I could go on.

But I will give you it gave some amazing music and architecture

Legit question an agnostic can answer.. Ignoring OP's childish bait... saying I don't know is fine but could you really imagine an invisible man that creates people flawed then judges them only to decide if he wants to throw them in fire and watch them burn forever, which is physically impossible, or attend an invite only party where he needs to be worshiped (again) "forever"? Sounds really far-fetched to even say maybe to that. In fact, it sounds fucking ridiculous. Just saying, not even mad.

first of all what you're saying is false, our understanding of the universe is expanding but we're finding even more things we still can't explain, many famous quantum physicists believe in the existence of a god

on top of that, you're basing your "evidence" on a trend of discoveries, which certainly isn't how proof works nor even logic

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werner_Heisenberg
famous quote
“The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you”
God can be interpreted as a metaphor for what we don't understand but nevertheless the logic stands

Religion was hijacked by the equivalent of the 1% millennia ago to convince people that there was a life after death and it was worth all of the suffering of this life and incidentally keeping the nobility and the church hierarchy in the luxury they had grown accustomed to (ever seen a poor bishop living in a slum? Or an Imam sending his child out as a suicide bomber. I thought not.). Jam tomorrow, after you die

t. historical illiterate

>Legit question an agnostic can answer.
I think you mean a theist - your argument makes it for agnostics and atheists alike

I said an agnostic can answer, not a churchie. You're presenting a god-of-the-gaps argument. "Can't explain it? oh that's god. Science is god." Please, all religious debates swirl down the toilet to where the deist claims faith. "I don't know so faith."

Implying even without religion those things would not have happened.

>God can be interpreted as a metaphor for what we don't understand
Fine. Then with every discovery it gets smaller, and there's less reason to kill in its name.

Eventually it'll disappear as we understand more.

Also, your Heisenberg quote is mus-attributed ta make a theist point
>The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you.

>“Der erste Trunk aus dem Becher der Naturwissenschaft macht atheistisch, aber auf dem Grund des Bechers wartet Gott.” as cited in Ulrich Hildebrand: "Das Universum - Hinweis auf Gott?", in "Ethos. Die Zeitschrift für die ganze Familie", Berneck, Schweiz: Schwengeler Verlag AG, No. 10 (October 1988), p. 10
>The quote cannot be found in Heisenberg's published works, and Hildebrand apparently does not declare his source. The renowned journalist Eike Christian Hirsch PhD, a personal aquaitance of Heisenberg, whom he interviewed for his 1981 book Expedition in die Glaubenswelt, informed de.wikiquote on 22 June 2015, that content and style of the quote was completely foreign to Heisenberg's convictions and the way he used to express himself. Heisenberg's children Dr. Maria Hirsch, Feldafing, and Prof. Dr. Martin Heisenberg, Würzburg, did not recognize their father in this quote. Dr. Hirsch suggests the quote could have been fabricated by a fundamentalist English speaking Christian seeking support for his faith from the remarks of Francis Bacon, in "Of Atheism" (1601): "A little philosophy inclineth man’s mind to atheism; but depth in philosophy bringeth men’s minds about to religion" , and those of Alexander Pope, in "An Essay on Criticism" (1709): "A little learning is a dangerous thing; drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, and drinking largely sobers us again."

Source: en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Werner_Heisenberg

the whole point is that there's equal proof on both sides you mong

your statement is assuming we can understand everything in the universe, but so far the rabbithole just keep getting deeper and there's no reason to believe it will ever end

>your statement is assuming we can understand everything in the universe, but so far the rabbithole just keep getting deeper and there's no reason to believe it will ever end
And your assumption is that we will never understand it all and that god is the answer. So far, the evidence and trajectory of discovery is on my side. Give it time.

at what point anywhere in my argument did i attempt to prove or disprove the existence of god?
are you too thick to even understand the argument?

it is impossible to prove or disprove the existence of a higher being because by definition it is above us and unobservable

what part of this can you even disagree with

Ok,i will use science and math to prove he exsists,maybe you will listen.nah you wont,you will probably quote so jew or shill but whatever i will tell you anyways.

Through infinite possibility he can and can not exsist. To understand infinity you must understand perfection,whitch is not humanly possible. The concept we are looking for is not able to be seen because we lack the ability to do so. It is just not possible. The equations and concepts we are looking for is 4 dimensional in sight,and thought.

>existence of a higher being because by definition it is above us and unobservable
If it exists and wields influence, then it's actions can be detected, a bit like Brownian motion.

If it doesn't wield influence then it's irrelevant and for all intents and purposes it does not exist.

>If it exists and wields influence, then its actions can be detected, a bit like Brownian motion.
fixed for accidental superfluous apostrophe

>You're asking the wrong question, and I'm an idiot - Theism

Articles of faith aren't knowable. The point is to believe, despite the lack of evidence.

>The point is to believe, despite the lack of evidence
Why? Why would you do that? It's so....illogical

i'm fucking flying on opiates right now i can't even feel my lips. i think ive found god and his name is heroin what does your bitchass god have?

One day you will OD and when you do you can ask god himself.

warm and fuzzy. auditory hallucinations

i dont shoot dumbfuck

yeah yeah obvious bait but fuck me i'm gonna reply anyways

my chances of being wrong about the existence god=50/50
your chances of being wrong about praising the right god if one even exists 1/9000+

i like my odds more

Dont tell me the odds.

read

You can OD on any kind of drug,idiot.

ever heard of marijuana faggot? you're out of your element. ODing on heroin happens when you shoot too much . try smoking 'til you OD you'll throwup long before (source: i'm still alive)