What was your opinion on doomsday design ? There seems to be that hate against fulpl CGI villains these days

What was your opinion on doomsday design ? There seems to be that hate against fulpl CGI villains these days

he was a big strong plot device that killed Superman, fuck more do you want

I liked how he got more spikey as the fight went on but that only really happened twice, and I think he should've looked more like classic Doomsday by the end

Great scene, though

Doomsday has always been a shit character with a terrible design. The movie was faithful to the comics, but Doomsday never should've been included.

I think it was good to get him over with honestly.

I agree he's always been awful character, I think they did as much as they could with him. Hopefully they wont bring him back.

>I liked how he got more spikey as the fight went on but that only really happened twice, and I think he should've looked more like classic Doomsday by the end
>Great scene, though

agreed

>Doomsday never should've been included.

also agree w this though, as much as i like the film, i think the UE is great, they could have done w/o Doomsday/death.

he looked a little ridiculous at first but he definitely emanated raw power and when he started morphing he became a lot better.

I liked that he had a modicum of consciousness and wasn't just some marauding beast.

Should have been more original/memorable.
Only flaw of the Ultimate Cut.

he's great. don't really understand the hate for him.

I like him.
He represents all the negativity that sprouted from Superman's appearance, both Zod and Lex's hatred, an antithesis to the man himself.

This, he kind of had to be in the movie for earth to really accept Superman and not only consider him necessary, but to adore him.

What is he doing in this movie?!?!

And Doomsday/Superman's death was wasted in Dawn of Justice. Should have waited.

>full CGI
literally no restrictions on how he could look
he ended up looking like THIS

>we'll get the troll from the fellowship's CGI model and slim it a bit, no one will notice! people love generic cgi monsters, marvel would never think of this!

looks exactly like the cave troll from fellowship

makes him better than he is in the comics really

This.

I mean, were you guys expecting Lex to suit up in power armor?

Doomsday made thematic and narrative sense. He's all the contempt and hate Luthor has for Superman boiled into the body of Zod, who Superman had previously killed.

>meaningless cartoon monster that serves as the bad guy to an extended justice League trailer that neutered the movie it was forced into

ya he was pretty shit m8

I think they would've preferred it end right after Batman doesn't kill Supes, then jailing Lex, leaving half the storyline unresolved and Supes character development unfulfilling.

everything related to lex, ww, and the dc extended universe should have been left out of this movie. it was clear snyder had a vision for the movie that involved only the god/man thematic elements between batman and superman, but was then forced to shove 40 minutes of winking teasers for dcs upcoming movies. every time it cropped up it felt out of place with the grim tone of the movie

lex and the last half hour are so bad I would have preferred for it to have ended there. it's not my fault superman's character development relied on such terrible production choices

There's a great moment near the start of the fight where Doomsday arrives and looks at the Superman Monument for a few seconds before turning to Superman himself and flinging him into the monument to smash it. I think that conveyed a sense of characterisation better than dialogue could have, even if it was left a bit vague.

They were really good though, even with them being forced in they still rounded off the film very well.

Looked like that cave Troll from Fellowship..about indimidating as well.

Final fight should have been Batman vs Superman like the title of the movie is..not CGI monster introduced in last second

yes yes the generic cgi monster hates superman and everything he stands for so he must cgi battle him how DEEP

everyone who isn't a manchild comic book defense force drone shares your opinion

i'm not a manchild comic book defense force drone and I disagree

I thought the design was fine. But it's weird how people got upset about his it. He's a great character to begin with.

>I think a cgi rock monster with no characterization should have been shoehorned as the final villain into the half hour of the movie undercutting everything it was marketed as
>i'm not a manchild comic book defense force drone

lmao

I haven't watched this piece of shit yet, but by the looks of it, his character design seems inspired in his early clone incarnations, since he was genetically engineered and died several times before achieving his perfect immortal and ever-evolving form.

Also mhh trr pls.

well, i'm not.

Really confuses me that people shit on a movie that they've never even watched.

>no characterization
wrong

Bullshit "but but muh superman was weakened by muh green jew gas" i feel like they are somehow pulling off making superman underpowered as fuck in this universe.
fuck i'm moderately upset.

I mean as in all capekinos. I don't read comics anymore, but when I did, the movies were always annoying. I still watch the kinos but not until the hype passes.

>.....

only smart thing you said in your post.

He gets stronger over time, when he came back after being blown by the nuke he was far stronger.

I personally didn't care if it was full CGI, it was just a poor design.

yes cgi rock monster was a deeply complex individual with powerful motivations what a tremendous performance from cartoon bone golem

I never said he was complex

1v1 me irl u wont

Didn't see it

The original Doomsday is still out there somewhere, why else would the council ban genetic mutation?

Awful, simply awful.
>Doesn't capitalize on the signature crystals
>Distorts his face to make him look generic
>Way too big, which makes it even more like Supes won't go into a straight up fistfight with him

It's why he can more easily fight with an ultra powered doomsday

I have no problem with him being full cg, hell, Superman himself is basically full cg but god damn is that design awful.

pretty sure there are moments of physical props being used

there was many moments where i thought doomsday looked really good, especially in the moments after he's let loose and the climax between him and superman

i also appreciate that they cut the shit and presented doomsday the way they presented him