Hello Sup Forums, as most of the internet is hyped as shit over Skyrim, and I recently got a new PC...

Hello Sup Forums, as most of the internet is hyped as shit over Skyrim, and I recently got a new PC, Ive decided to try this game out. Been playing it for 2 days and I have to say its probably the most boring piece of shit game Ive ever played.

Why does everyone love it so much? Its like fucking wow you just play it single player... You grind your skills, make some random shitty uninteresting quests and level up I guess ... The story and fight mechanics are so boring it makes me cry, nowhere near RPG series like Witcher (well if we dont count the first one) or Dragon age...

Anyone pls explain whats so good about this game?

yea, it's because you're a fag

Why dont you fucking put mods on it like youre supposed to and stop being a gigantic faggot ass pleb.

Heavily Modded Skyrim is hands down one of the best gaming experiences.

i bought it and played it for about 1 or 2 hours. i can't waste my life with shit like that. it's for unemployed and autists that have no drive in live and afford to spend 300+ hours seeking out a hidden magic mushroom guarded by a unicorn in the forest somewhere.

I am a console gamer, I personally live Skyrim. I played it when it first came out and when I got out of the hospital from a serious injury I spent almost all of my recovery time playing it when I wasnt at Phys. Ther.

I bought the remastered and didnt do mods because I wanted that nostalgia.

What do you recommend for console? Im going raw dog right now at level 46, would like to see something new

It's not meant for people who can't hold an attention span for shorter then 10 minutes.

I've played most RPG's out there. I have to admit that Skyrim indeed does not hold up against other AAA RPG's out there.

Skyrim has something very unique about it however. It's what embodies a true RPG, you can quest sure; but the amount of lore and character development is insane. While other RPG's such a DOA and Witcher have a very linear story, Skyrim can be played however you wish. Heck you can even help the evil side if you so please.

I have to admit that DOA is my own personal favorite RPG and I did have a dislike for Skyrim for a very long time and don't really enjoy playing it for long ends at time; but I do also admit that the game is fun once you get the hang of it.

2016 just got a gaming computer and playing Skyrim for the first time.

OP here, but what the fuck does the game make so interesting? I dont understand? Is it the fact that your character in some faggot single player game has high skills and finished some bullshit retard story about yelling at dragons?

>Whats so good about the game
>sex mods
>beastiality rape
>dungeon rape
>slave system
>rape system
>hooker game mode(you start a new game as a whore)

Name me one RPG that has mods that defy human moral
>pro-tip: you can't.

Trust me I searched.

nah I just got a new one purely for gaming and internet has been buzzing about this so I decided to try it out

i like skyrim, but i like eso better

Personally i feel bad for you having had to endure 46 levels of vanilla poop skyrim.

Im not sure whats available to consoles. Id look for alternate start, expanded cities and villages, cutting room floor, interesting NPCs, Skytests realistic animals and enemies, organized bandits in skyrim, immersive patrols, frostfall, Camping system, unique uniques, bellyaches dragon expansions.....

There are literally hundreds more.

To be honest fam, I just like having the freedom to do whatever I want. I played nothing but shooters in the past and Fable. When Oblivion came out I couldnt get into it, Fallout.. Loved it. Skyrim came out and I gave it a shot. I like that the game lets you do pretty much whatever you want except kill children and rape people. But Murder? Hunting? Join some gangs? Steal some shit? Yell at fucking crackheads and homeless people underneath bridges n shit and knock them back 100ft.

It took me close to year to get over the game and before Destiny it was my favorite game of all time. I love it personally, but it did take me maybe an hour to get into it. My wife is into the game too, I actually rather like seeing her get into a game and attacking someone because "I hate when those faggots ask me for money all the time" or "fucking drug addict. whats skooma?"

The game is a real piece of art imo

you are playing it at the wrong time in your life, back when it just came out it was the best game ever and its a part of the nostalgia, if i were to go back and play i wouldnt enjoy it as much

SEE
You have mods that let you play as kids and kill kids as well.

Yeah, I dont wanna kill kids man. Wtf is wrong with you guys

>babbys first pc

Yes, but you cant do whatever you want. You can kill the npcs, sure, but then you are stuck in a world where you can literally do nothing.

You can ignore the main story and do the side quests, but its just repetitive shit over and over(not to mention if I wanted to grind questing, Id play a MMO). Id much prefer having a powerful storyline where your decisions arent: I will kill this totally meaningless npc thats whole impact on a game is that it says 1-2 lines of garbage dialogue to you or I will fucking go into some swamp and do 1 quest for it..

People say you have so many choices of what to do in skyrim, but I honestly think the exact opposite.

Nice dubs bro.

I respect your opinion, but I disagree. I feel like I have a lot of freedom in the game.

Oh m'boy this is a good one

Hear my words, for the prophet has spoken. Europe, change your ways or face war.
2065: Islam revolution dominates Western Europe. The pope remains in the Vatican, but Italy becomes muslim.
2066, May: Remaining countries of Eastern Europe create a military and cultural alliance with Morther Russia.
2070, August 16: Poland and Lithuania create the Poland-Lithuania commonwealth after signing a treaty in a poland ball room.
2075, December 22: Diplomatic crisis in Turkey after islam terrorist atack kill 10 persons in a Russian-Poland-Lithuania convoy traveling to Jerusalem. Tensions rise in the region.
2076, March 15: Czech Republic ban muslims and start enforcing rigid citizenship control.
2076, October 4: Neo-european catholic and protestant groups start to rise as resistance groups in many Western Europe countries, starting by Munchen in october with a movement called "Golden October", created to protest against beer prohibition.
2076, December 13: Islamic Germany invades Czech Republic, citing muslim protection and warfare against ethnic cleansing as reasons to go to war.
2076, December 15: Alliances make Russia, the Poland-Lithuania commonwealth and remaining Eastern Europe countries join the war alongside the Czech Republic.
2076, December 18: Islamic countries of Western Europe join the war alongside Germany and start a new battle front in the West, atacking Portugal, which remains mostly catholic by then.

I played Skyrim a lot during the time it was originally released. After playing Witcher 3 for about 300 hours, I could never go back to Skyrim, even with the upgraded shitty graphics. So yawn. So old.

yeah look it is a nice fantasy game and all and it sounds hella cool to mod the shit out of it but I have to say that within one-two hours of playing something like this it starts depressing me how much valuable life is wasted. clocked many hours in oblivion back in the day and it was awesome as I recall but I think I'm too grown up to take playing skyrim seriously. if the witcher 3 is as good as it sounds maybe I'll play that. honestly the only game that has truly sucked me in recently was dead rising 3 and gta v to a certain extent. i like installing games and shit but can no longer play for hours and still take myself seriously.

uncool story bro :(

In conclusion: OP complains about un-modded Skyrim.

MODS. MODS. MODS. Shut up. If you gotta install mods in a game to make it enjoyable, the game is shit.

And you got fucking problems.

In conclusion: a bunch of morons scream mods (patchwork) when someone insults their old, obsolete game with shitty graphic filters.

The vanilla game isn't shit, nor does it make a valid argument to then assume modded Skyrim is also shit, especially if you haven't even tried it.

There's meshes and textures, filters aren't even necessary. Please try harder.

>The vanilla game isn't shit,

Stopped reading right there. Everything you state henceforth is unworthy of a read. Next.

Mods... And that's about it.

Trust me, I've been replaying Skyrim for 2 weeks now, that's exactly what it is.

You're right. Skyrim IS shit. But the mods are good. And there are a bunch.

That's why you gotta be fucking stupid to buy the SE for console.

Anyone got some cool mods for skyrim? I have 4 days off right now and really want something to do other than World of grindcraft

Don't understand why you'd say that when you did read the rest of it.

You guys need mods to enjoy games?? Lol that's tantamount to needing weed to enjoy life. You can't sit back and just enjoy a game? Skyrim is extremely well made. And its a beautiful world.
Who the fuck in their right mind would need a beastiality or sex mod to fucking play Skyrim? Are you retarded?

I like a lot of games, I love fallout, all elder scrolls, I love the witcher and fucking open world games in general. None of which I need mods to enjoy. Ha I guess I'm just different than you guys.

>If you gotta install mods in a game to make it enjoyable, the game is shit.

This.

Bethesda didn't give a rats ass about the game. They made a generic, open world boring ass game. Grade school storyline, repetitive quests, repetitive dialogue, ad nauseum.

The community modder's is what made the game.

Skyrim is, was and will ALWAYS be shit.

>You're right. Skyrim IS shit. But the mods are good.

Case closed. You proved my point. Fuck off. And stop using female anime characters to convey your emotions, you fucking disgusting trans fag. You're a man, not a woman. Act like you, fag man. Cringey as fuck.

/thread, meaning thread is over due to being threaded because I'm right

sage

/thread

whoa

>that uncalled for rage
>/threading his own post

Did your uncle touch your something?

I wasn't even the guy you were to talking to, btw. I just fucking got here.

>and really want something to do other than World of grindcraft

BUT I THOT SKYRIM WAS AN AMASING GAME?!?!?

good luck spending hours and hours and hours patching, sorting, cleaning and bashing all your mods together so skyrimjob doesn't crash

>that uncalled for rage

Assumption, not a fact.

>/threading his own post

Not /threading your own post.

>I wasn't even the guy you were to talking to, btw.

Irrelevant.

/thread

Look up how many copies the remastered version alone has sold so far. Go on I'll wait.

the difference between dragon age type games and skyrim is in the former, choices have an impact on the outcome of the game, like a pick your ending book from grade school, and can only have a few possible scenarios from which to play, and generally speaking, not as open environment as the latter. Character choices aren't as broad in the former as in the latter, nor are classes/sub-classes. The latter has a more relaxed gameplay. They are different types of RPGs. Fallout 4 is slightly more exciting. Although I struggle considering skyrim a traditional RPG, in the same sense as WoW, so I don't think that's a fair comparison. There are some RPGs that have more adventure components than anothers, like dragon age, witches, and mass effect, and others like destiny and overwatch that are more PvP centric, that can't be compared to any of the elder scrolls games. I'm not sure how you confused these games, other than to say perhaps you should watch gameplay on twitch or YouTube before you buy them.

Oh, user. I am so sorry for whatever it is that did THAT to you.

Your point? Just because gullible morons got suckered into buying an old, obsolete game with shitty redone graphics doesn't mean anything. Besides, there aren't many new AAA good games to purchase right now.

By the way dragon age is fucking bullshit compared to skyrim. Dragon age has been using the same cardboard mechanics since origins lol. Wtf

Skyrim Redone, Revenge of The Enemies, The Unofficial Patch, Moonlight Tales, Better Vampires, Frostfall, Immersive Weapons... You can just look at the Nexus top 100 or some shit.

its just a form of spending free time just like listening to music or watching movies

i installed some immersion mods, like frostfall. makes the game much much more interesting for me.

Mafia 3
Dishonored 2
Mirrors Edge
Dark Souls 3
Dead Rising 4
Eso Tamriel Edition
Battlefield
Watch Fags 2
So many other things people could be playing.
Skyrim is a testament to open world rpg you cant fucking deny it.

I agree with you OP

mod it into you sex fantasy simulator shi

jesus what a tryhard lmao

>Mafia 3

Gay

>Dishonored 2

Yawn

>Mirrors Edge

Haven't even heard of it...

>Dark Souls 3

Gay

>Dead Rising 4

Gay

>Eso Tamriel Edition

Gay

>Battlefield

Garbage. Shitty graphics and mechanics. Waiting for COD to become great again. Fuck off.

>Watch Fags 2

What?

>Skyrim is a testament to open world rpg you cant fucking deny it.

Nah Withcer 3 is.

Fuck off faggy boy.

Can you prove I tried hard? LMAO

What games do you like then shitlord?

>shitlord?

So when you walk over to your shitty best buy gaming laptop after waking up at 2 in the afternoon
You get on and you literally can play nothing except for the witcher because you can't enjoy anything that you deem is too mainstream to play.

You are literally the worst kind of gaming elitist. Enjoy playing the fucking witcher 3 and dragon age (which is the call of duty of rpg games) and jerk your dick to geralts shirtless body for the rest of your boring life.

We got here our next suicidal school shooter.

Tell us our name so we can recognize it on the paper next week, user.

I consider that a compliment.

>witcher 3
>not mainstream

Pick one

If you think battlefield has shitty graphics and mechanics, I'd be interested in knowing what game(s) you think are better.

>waiting for COD to become good again
Not going to happen
This better be bait

OP is a faggot.

Compared to skyrim?

OP is a major faggot

its severly overrated. Morriwind was closer to a proper rpg but it's still the same idea. explore, collect, talk to people and slowly have a narrative revealed to you. the difference for me is morrowind's story was head over heels more interesting than "you're the magical dragon king" or whatever. I think I feel how you feel playing skyrim, feels like a waste of time.

having said that, legit ever game released in the last five er ten years is complete garbage. It's for infant children who can't grow out of their pokemon phase and can't deal with a "challenge." there are plenty of "oldie but goodies" to last me for a long time.