What does /b think of George Carlin?

What does /b think of George Carlin?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fOBoyEXKvIY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Based

Damn, there was never a time I found him funny because he's such a goddamn pessimist in everything I've heard from him. I don't think I'd be able to stand a full comedy special of his if every damn quote he spouts is like the edgy ones I've seen.

I know that pessimism and cynicism are common in comedy nowadays but I don't like it.

i'm sure he was good for his time, but it doesn't translate.

He was sharper and more on point in his 70s than nearly every other comedian in their prime

"Back in my day we had to make an oil painting"
uh huh
huh
huh

He was a genius.

Bet this dude is wearing an American Eagle shirt, vaping, and listening to soulja boy while watching keeping up with the kardashians. Youre a fucking idiot. You are what is wrong with society. Faggot.

Youre a faggot.

He was funny.

He was truly a modern day prophet

I'm doing literally none of those things. I'm just a person who's optimistic about society.

He was a good comedian but I don't really agree with the sentiment that he was the very best comedian to ever grace the earth like people seem to say about him nowadays. I thought a lot of his material was hit or miss. Either it was hilarious or I was bored to tears.

sorry i'm not stuck in 20th century shock humour, pussy.

you mean retarded?

>optimistic about society.
Hahahahahahhahahahahahhahhahahhahah

I like what he said about eufemisms...too bad he passed away

Sounds like comedy isn't for you. Enjoy being optimistic, friggin weirdo.

So what metrics do you guys have for a good society? This being Sup Forums, I'm betting it's something like 'everyone is like me'.

>78.6% of Americans trust the police force which is actually really high, topped only by Scandinavia and Canada
>violence around the world is constantly going down
>wealth around the world is constantly going up
>tfw you don't see the problem

I enjoy the comedians that enjoy other people.

I'd really like to have this conversation with you but it looks like you're American. I doubt we're going to have a logical conversation.

Overrated pop scientist

He's a poes, but a funny poes

Try me! I'm all ears, state your case.

what do i think of him? not much. he was pretty damn based and as a previous user mentioned i was either having a hard time breathing due to excessive laughter or literally falling asleep with my chin in my hands.

>looks like you're American
silly boy, don't be ignorant and attempt to dismiss a person simply due to their geographical location. it's unbecoming of someone that wants to be perceived as an intellectual (at least i assume that's what you want to be perceived as).

Great comedian, maybe the best that ever existed.

Shame he and Louie bred such a plethora of edgy fans,

Fouled mouthed old man who didn't have an actual joke in his routine

Sigh... Here goes nothing.

I have no metrics because that is not something I study but:

1) More critical thinking skills taught in school, the ability to differentiate between fact and fiction.

2) More education on personal health. Diet, exercise and sleep. Psychology, belief systems and mental illness.

3) Less emphasis on being nice and more emphasis on what's actually true.

Those are 3 things that come to my mind that would benefit mankind to employ.

Human beings are generally illogical and self destructive. The species is fundamentally flawed in this respect. The adults ae generally stuck in their ways, the change needs to come through the kid's education.

>What does /b think of George Carlin?
Last man of comedic truth.

go back to your jeff dunham

>What does /b think of George Carlin?
He's a hero, he put the fear into the FCC

Hahaha

Americans are generally pretty retarded bud. Can I assume by your response that you are one of them?

B or C grade philosophy, and not funny.

If you like what he says because he "speaks the truth and doesn't give a shit" there are other people more intelligent than him who speak the same message, so I suggest you seek them out.

You still have to prove I'm wrong though. I could be retarded and *still* be right, you still have to defend your point.

I don't know if those things are actually changing, though. I'd like evidence that people are becoming worse at those things - I'll start looking. Even then, when I say I'm optimistic about society I don't mean I love society the way it is, I'm saying it is very probable that it's only going to get better.

'Humans are generally illogical and self-destructive', yeah, but the entire history of the human race consists of people thinking it's just about to go downhill while we're constantly going uphill. Socrates himself thought the written word would cause stupidity and make people forget things all the time.

Links nigga.

Actually I'm going to add this before you do - yes, I agree people are getting fatter.

He ded

Points out the obvious, isn't insightful enough to find any deeper meaning in what hes talking about or creative enough to make it funny
> Religion is dumb
> People are stupid
> Politicians are lairs
> Society is fucked
> End

......Hes a poor mans Lenny Bruce

So you are american. I thought so.

>prove I'm wrong though
M8 this is why you're retarded. Good/bad are almost completely subjective.
If you're talking about your metrics, I don't care to prove you wrong and I never disagreed with them in the first place.

>I'm saying it is very probable that it's only going to get better.
I agree with you.

Are you ignoring all the deep failures/inconsistencies of societies?

Thought so. A load of bs.

I think he's dead

youtube.com/watch?v=fOBoyEXKvIY

RAT SHIT, BAT SHIT, DIRTY OLD TWAT. 69 ASSHOLES TIED IN A KNOT. HOORRAAAAAY LIZARD SHIT.

FUCK.

The 1990s and the George Bush- Iraq bits were on fire...

Still relevant today.

He was a God of Introspection until his dying day...

Good/bad isn't completely objective, but right/wrong is. If you don't care to prove me wrong then why are you arguing? How can you be pessimistic about society but agree it's going uphill and getting better? what the fuck??

Hows the left?

He is overrated OP.

See... another fucking retarded American.

You can't even think on the level that most human beings can.

This is going nowhere

>right/wrong is
I hope what you mean by that is fact and fiction
OR
do you actually believe that all moral systems are objective?

>If you don't care to prove me wrong then why are you arguing?
There's more to the topic then metrics.

>How can you be pessimistic about society but agree it's going uphill and getting better?
The rate in which it's "getting better" could be dramatically improved.

The only reason it goes uphill is because of people who see it go downhill and then fix it. Pessimists give optimists the foundation for the delusions they crave because pessimists have a strong tendency to care more about facts and what is and how to fix it as opposed to feelings and ethics.

One of the greatest of all time.

That it's too bad how his daughter turned out.

>you're a retarded american
>can't even think on the level that most human beings can

these ad hominem attacks though...

You seem to forget the point is either to convince me or the people reading this argument. I don't think saying that kind of stuff serves you well in this respect.

I have to leave now. You can think you won the argument, I don't care, but I stand unconvinced, especially by the fact you really suddenly backed off from being a pessimist to saying 'Oh, I'm an optimist... but not as much as an optimist as YOU are, faggot!'

I never said I was a pessimist. You did.

>statistics on Sup Forums

Seems legit bro, really made me think, I hate George Carlin now...

you're a retarded american

lol I'm not surprised.

>I have to leave now. You can think you won the argument, I don't care

Haha, he clearly did win you retard, and it's so obvious that you care way too much.

wtf...

he didn't tell jokes. he just ranted. not funny.

Ranting can often times be funny. Dont be retarded.

NYPA

The early Carlin was funny as he lampooned society in general.

But starting in the late 60's or early 70's it changed into an incoherent rant where it was only funny if you were totally divorced from reality. sad.

The most overrated comedian of all time.

you can assume whatever you'd like to assume. obviously you're from another country where parading ones ignorance is seen as something admirable.

stay the course and remember, jesus loves you.

I once remember him talking about a list of people who should basically be killed, then another of people who should be tied to a chair and beaten with hammers.

It was like he was speaking to me directly.

Legend

^This

Early Carlin is absolutely gold. He was funny, witty, and was able to balance his critiques of society with a warm disposition. His use of language and wordplay was always interesting.

He felt like a friend you could share a beer with and talk about how crazy the world can be.

But something happened. He got older and more bitter. All the excitement and life bled out of his work and he just became this pessimistic husk droning on and on about how corporations own everything and he wants everyone to die.

I have the DVD collection of his best performances.

>parading ones ignorance is seen as something admirable.
>another country
>not america
This is b8 cause nobody is that retarded.

>jesus loves you.
Lol

Nice

Not emo enough.

whos this cunt ?

I think he is dead.

try watching his old stuff about stuff.

Pretty sure that particular phrase was around long before Carlin.

trips confirm

Not a legit source of info despite what autists believe.

>Pretty sure
Pretty sure fuck wits where around long before you too

Oh man, scathing. Sure showed me.