Preacher

considering its Sup Forums im going on a wild gander that a lot of the viewers of this show have read the graphic novels. haven't seen a thread about the newish preacher tv series yet but just want to voice my opinion about how even though the producers (seth rogan and two others im not sure about) said it wouldn't be 'word for word - panel for panel' similar to the novels, the characterisation and whole plot timeline is completely fucked.

Opinions?
Any fans of the show who haven't read the novels?

I thought about watching this. I know nothing about the character or anything about the show at all.

Is it good? By good I mean on par with shows like The Flash and Arrow which i kind of enjoyed

Never heard of the comic books before the show. I'm enjoying it.

Haven't read the novels, it's pretty entertaining so far. Bit edgy to hate on the Big Lebowski though, wtf was that about

If you're gonna fucking shitpost put some effort in it, unless you're a fucking tumblerina nobody fucking likes the latest seasons of Arrow and the Flash

OP again

yeah for entertainment its actually great - stella fight scenes as well, for someone who hasnt read the graphic novels it'd be a far more enjoyable

>If you're gonna fucking shitpost put some effort in it, unless you're a fucking tumblerina nobody fucking likes the latest seasons of Arrow and the Flash

I didnt say the last seasons were good (The last season of Arrow was a solid 2/10) but I did enjoy them still.

Did they actually get Tom Cruise for the first episode? Or what?

>a solid 2/10 but I did enjoy them still.

Mate...

nope

I kind of like it except it's pretty slow and I hate Tulip

I'm 5 episodes or something in and it hasn't really gone anywhere yet. The characters are decent but this shit just isn't fucking going anywhere. Never read the comics, by the way.

Can I ask why the preacher got the power in the first place, I may have missed something

Also, how come he's a preacher and fine with having a vampire as a buddy, tnx

>Can I ask why the preacher got the power in the first place
Would like to know this as well. Why did the other preachers explode into a pile of goo?

>Also, how come he's a preacher and fine with having a vampire as a buddy, tnx
Does he know that Cassidy is a vampire? And anyway, he doesn't seem like he has much theological experience. It seems like he just wanted to get away from his past, and is using religion. I don't know if he even believes what he preaches. He just knows it can help.

i like the show and never read the comics. it seems like the comicfags aren't that happy with the show. they're especially pissed about tulip. they hate the casting of her. idgaf i think the cast is the best thing about the show.

it's alright, it's so fucking slow though

Tulip is literally the only thing I dislike about the entire series so far besides that arseface crybaby.

I like Joe Gilgun in it. One of my favourite actors. Just a shame he's not his usual Northern-English self but he's pull off an Irish accent pretty well.

the preachers 'power' is called genesis and is the child of an angel and demon

genesis is so powerful bc its basically the embodiment of both evil and good but came to earth bc it didn't have a will/soul/direction/however you want to call it and in the series just as Jesse starts to question his faith genesis arrives and bonds with him

Anyone know how many episodes the season is gonna be?

he doesn't know he's a real vampire at this point. he thinks he's just crazy. it's literally my main complaint of the show. he sees cass in his sun costume and just laughs. cass has told him straight up he's a vampire and all he'd need to do to prove it show jesse how his skin catches fire in the sun but never thinks to do anything to prove even though it would make things a lot easier for cass if jesse understood

read them, attempted to watch the show but it's garbage. Haven't followed it since 2nd episode

Never read the comics (they're comics nigger not novels, and that's okay) but know of Garth Ennis and generally what to expect from one of his works. Enjoying the show thus far. Muppet Baby Jada Pinkett Smith gets annoying at times and it's a bit slow, but mostly pretty good.

I'm assuming given what the angels said about the voice last episode that it was looking for a host and the other religious leaders it tried to inhabit or whatever were too good which is why they exploded, but then Jesse's all dark and twisted on the inside so it sits in him just fine. Pretty sure he doesn't know Irish guy is a vampire too, but then he reacted pretty well to learning he's got magical voice powers so he seems pretty chill about that kinda thing anyway.

>they hate the casting of her.

fuck you, every thread has said that her character is absolute dogshit, she struts around acting like hotshit all the time and being a total supremo badass, shittin' on Jesse constantly for not doing what she says.

she's a bad character, who cares if she's black.

I don't mind her, but I get triggered when they use all that color correction to set the mood. Like in the first episode when Tulip is with the kids and the whole screen is beige, and in the bathroom at the gas station everything is blue-green. I hate that.

yeah a little too much info there I feel but that doesn't explain why it just exploded the other preachers

I got to 3 episodes and couldn't take it anymore. The plot is slow as molasses and it bored the fuck out of me.

Never read the comics, I'm enjoying the fuck out of this show. Love all the characters, Jesse, Tulip, Cassidy, Arseface, you name it. A little bit confusing at first though.

Watch it user, you will enjoy it.

So what we're saying is that the church girl who uses that bathroom a lot is the best.

I've read and own all the books. I was skeptical given who's involved and initially some of the casting gave me pause, but the show has been the most fun show on Sunday nights currently airing.

The idea is that it's a prequel to the initial few issues (which aren't that great anyway) so that audiences could actually see Jessie being an actual Preacher before shit goes down. I'm not going to defend the wiring in the comic and anyone that does needs to take the nostalgia goggles off, but I feel the show preserves all the key characterizations while improving and expanding when it can.

Preacher is not high art, guy: just because "the continuity is fucked" doesn't mean the show can't also scratch the same itch.

It's just a show, friendo. The comics will always be there. Relax.

That's a good explanation, tnx user

I don't mind Tulip at all

Preserves all the key characterisations? Nada buddy.

Jesse = tall, pretty heavily muscular, dark mid length black hair, incredibly huge sense of individual morality, strong, silent + completely in love with Tulip throughout the entire series, which is one his driving points as a character

Could go into tulip but eh fuck it
Cassidy they actually nailed on the head very well i just hope they don't try and over do it with the whole addiction to drugs/fuck head personality if you get me

and i agree the comics are still there, but as a big fan of them and considering such a cool kinda liberal pro-weed guy like seth rogan who was producing it has made the series so easily watchable and not bothered to expand or follow the correct timeline (which was piss easy to adapt into a tv show) is just kinda disappointing man

Gles it get a second season?
It might get really interesting once the preacher figures lut what the fuck he should do with his life.
Also Killer Saint backstory is cool.

same poster here

plus Jesse's dad was never a preacher as well, and from the flash backs this seem to be his driving force to be one himself (from what we've seen so far)

they just seem to be trying to change and fix shit that doesn't need to be

well its not capeshit so it's automatically better than those 2 dogturds you mentioned

>tom cruise
>catholic priest
>african preacher who calls himself a prophet

they're all "frauds". the Catholic priest one is a molestation joke

ep 5 triggers me

Pretty sure that wasn't a catholic priest, user. Looked like a satanic cult to me.

>By good I mean on par with shows like The Flash and Arrow
So terrible. You're asking if the show is terrible.

on Sup Forums you probably wont get that many people who read the comics, and there arent that many threads...maybe 1 when a new ep comes out

Sup Forums talks about it more but for the most part have semi given up on it because it varies drastically from the source material, at least so far

I read the comics but i'm waiting to see how people like the show. So far I dont like all the changes they made and dont want to waste my time

I read the comics about 4 or 5 years ago. Completely forgot everything. I was glad they were doing a series. I see a lot of bitching here the few threads I see time to time. Lurk them just to see the Sup Forums vibe. Normal negativity with a light dose of legit criticism and praise.

I'm enjoying it. Cassidy seems to be standing out a bit stronger than I remember but they're trying to ease into the full scope of the situation and need his co-pilot to keep the interest level up.

I don't give two fucks about Tulip. I didn't care for her in the comic and just sit through her scenes in the show.

So...it's pretty good, imo. That said, I'm enjoying Outcast more. Normally hate possession/demon crap b/c I love horror and there seems to be nothing but that for film lately. But this show has some better direction and writing and it's apparently also comic based (new I guess).

There's not really anything else sci-fi/fantasy/horror going on atm worth a damn.

I haven't read the COMIC. I enjoy the show, it's silly fun and it feels like it's building to something big. I particularly like JEH's character.

It's FX's Fargo but in the south for that True Blood seasoning.

>they just seem to be trying to change and fix shit that doesn't need to be
but the author apparently asked them to change the story personally as a producer because he felt it was dated.

same senpai

It's moving incredibly slowly but for the most part I'm enjoying it if only for Cassidy and Fiore.

>Fiore
Why is he so perfect?

He's goddamn adorable, that's why.

he really reminds me of mr. wrench from fargo

i didn't say anything about comicfags hating her because she was black m8. i didn't even think of that when i wrote that.

I read the books back in the 90s and I loved them. I grew up in the bible belt and I was going through my edgy atheist phase. The story really spoke to me.
That's why I can't bring myself to watch this abortion pushed out by that fat retarded leaf.

And by story I mean Jesse losing his religion, not the vampire/grail/saint stuff

why? your two sentences don't even make sense. what does the fact that you loved it before have to do with something a fat leaf did now? how do you know it's an abortion if you don't even watch it?

Well it's sure as hell better than the last season of Arrow. Your standards are so low I'm sure you'll love it.

You're right, seth rogan is known for his quality work. Even though he hasn't written anything decent since he was a kid (superbad), I'm sure this time will be different.
You're right, I should give that dumb canuck one more chance.

This. She honestly makes me consider it a 7/10 instead of a 9/10.

I can't understand if it's actually patrician or pleb
Cassidy is top-tier though

Eugene best boy