What are the advantages of C++ in relation to Java, when creating small programs that don't require much performance?

what are the advantages of C++ in relation to Java, when creating small programs that don't require much performance?

don't see any relevant (software dev w decades of Java & C++ xp)

This is probably the most retarded holy-war b8 ever made.

kekd

No need to have a JavaVM installed

Memory

However, unless you're running a toaster from 1990, this won't matter much at all.

Game maker is best for simple apps and fastest also m8.

Nigger

Use assembler.

And rewrite everything from scratch for each new architecture?

I was also looking for an answer some time ago. If you're using windows, I would recommend using Visual Studio (C#, kinda like a mix of C and Java)
At least thats what I got stuck with

what do you want to implement?

Java has a garbage collector and manages memory for you. This makes development easier and faster. When you compile the code it is compiled into byte-code which is run in a virtual machine. This extra level of abstraction makes it slower. C++ is harder to write but you have more control. More control however also means more responsibility. If you don't care about performance, why don't you try Python? I also agree with if you developing in Windows. You can do alot of cool stuff in C# easily.

Keep different languages in your toolbox (you can't learn them all), use the best tool for the job. I prefer c++ over Java simply because I'm better at it. But if I have to some something quick n dirty, I prefer Python.

Avoid holy wars, they're not productive. Do what works for you.

Amen brother

MIPS assembly is probably the best

C++ harder? lol are you autistic? c++ small programs indexes the entire library, in C you choose what you want to use ( or it wont compile) and java is trash in general

pointer arithmetic, preprocessor, macros, template mechanism, mulit-inheritance, virtual methods...

Quite a lot of words to say: "I know shit"

l33t h4xor detected

I have more contacts that can help me in c/c++ not many of my friends have a lot of java experience. With that in mind it is nice to be programming with something that your friends like to use.

Java is meant for enterprise web applications, you can do desktop stuff with it but what's the point? Btw with JIT compiler java can run really fast as well.

There are no small Java or C++ programs . They both suck huge resources , java is the worst ....Fuckin VM

Yes.....or.....use C, not C++

c++ is bullshit and you have to think a lot when writing a code

You should program with your anus, user.

You think more with structured C programs, but the WYSIWYG code is worth it.

L33t ? No just every resource and performance conscious professional's opinion.

Languages have been effed up so idiots can program in them, and maintain the code.

Old school for small programs is assembler and C, nothing more.

Crickets

>small programs that don't require much performance
Then the choice between the two only depends on your personal preferences I guess.

Why not COBOL PLUS ONE ?
(COBOL-form object oriented language)

>advantages of C++ in relation to Java
you dont need shitty java installed

The number of code lines will be relatively few, but the appropriate adjective it's "short", not "small".

The substance of your reply is most refined and ethereal.

Just stop you are being a fucking retard