I suffer from mild depression and it's starting to take a toll on my life...

I suffer from mild depression and it's starting to take a toll on my life. I can't find music that makes me feel anything anymore.

Any suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qE67jPPCjpM&ab\
youtube.com/watch?v=-2FKFcms5iM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Beastie Boys - Pauls Boutique

i dont have an album but i really wish you good luck, user

ive had crazy anxiety and depression and have mostly still had a normal life with the help of meds, therapy and meditation, so im quite sympathetic to anyone without any sort of mental illness

if you havent already, definitely try stuff to get better like therapy, meds, meditation

until i got help, mental illness has made me unable to get out of bed, made me totally isolate myself from anyone i used to speak to, and made me constantly exhausted and intensely sad, I wouldnt wish that on anyone

*with any sort of mental illness

mental illness is not real

"wahhh I am so sad" amounts to you spending too much time on the internet and not enough time hanging out with friends and getting bitches

i mean im for the most part better now, so even if its not real, i definitely had to actively work at making myself a happier, social person and i succeeded

If you're talking about apathy, I know what you mean. It comes and goes for me, so the best test on whether I can enjoy music is something really loud and catchy, like pic related. Clarence Clarity and Crying also fit the bill.

It might just be you and not music.

I suffered from some pretty severe depression/anxiety when I was 17, that gradually fizzled out over the next couple years. Initially, I had this period of disillusionment, in which everything (most memorably music/bands) I had loved genuinely and whole-heartedly, I saw in an entirely different light. I became embarrassed at how I had loved these things. Embarrassed without needing an outside party, just embarrassed to myself. I went through a phase of being very self-conscious of what I liked, which was mainly just a harsh-singing only phase.

Then in my early 20's, pretty much the opposite happened. A 5ish year romantic relationship was beginning to crumble just as I (all memes aside) began to discover the Beach Boys. Pretty much fell in love with Brian Wilson for the next year or so.

Anyway, maybe you're just not sad enough right now.

This is wrong.

Friends and bitches are temporary relief.

Start a heroin addiction, it's what I'd do if I had the money

Are you me?

10 Songs by I Hate Myself
Pink Moon by Nick Drake
Dummy by Portishead
Barely Real by Codeine

youtube.com/watch?v=qE67jPPCjpM&ab\

Mine is pathological. I wish I could be sad user, that's the thing. Topics I find interesting and fun die off in 1 week - 3 months.

I found 10 Songs on vinyl a couple months ago. Bought it solely because it said "I hate myself" and I thought it was funny. No regrets.

Lucky you. It's such a great album.

Belle & Sebastian

I've struggled with depression my whole life tried to kill myself twice, the first time when I was 12 and the second time was last year.

As far as my music taste, I've always found myself drawn to heavier and more aggressive kinds of music. Most of what I listen to falls into either metal or punk, because I find those genres usually DEMAND that I pay attention to them when I put them on, even if I feel disillusioned with everything.

this album is sick thanks user

I refuse to believe that anyone is this retarded
>schizophrenia is not real
>ptsd is not real
>amnesia is not real
>dyslexia is not real
>literal chemical hormone imbalances that can be treated with medication are not real
fuck off desu

hey guys call off centuries of medical research, this user just proved that brain functions never falter

You're absolutely right but I don't want to change how I am

really makes u think.....

i STRONGLY rec getting into extreme genres ie grindcore, harsh noise. This is the point in your life where you're most likely to appreciate them

how do you combat this!!?!?!?!
I havent been able to finish a book or video game in like 5 years!

MAINE
STREEEM

I agree with you 50%. I obviously disagree that mental illness is not real. See what this user said . However, I do agree that people over-diagnose themselves with mental illness and the internet has certainly exacerbated the amount of people who sort of just wallow in a malaise that does not translate to mental illness.

You either get super obsessive right then and there or the interest goes away.
I still have problems, but I've been thinking about moving out on my own. Being alone really lets me find myself.

>someone mentions your state
feelsgoodman.m3u

throw your computer out and go outside

youtube.com/watch?v=-2FKFcms5iM

>enough time hanging out with friends and getting bitches
Some people don't have any friends are ugly so they dont get any bitches.

Even if you don't like the genre, listen through some harsh noise, it should clear you out so to speak and you'll be able to enjoy other music again

Always worked for me anyway and I've dealt with pretty bad anxiety/depression my whole life

>mild depression
>mild
get on my level you pleb

Try sculpting.

The real problem here is that I don't like doing that.