PAUL W.S. ANDERSON IS AN ENEMY OF CINEMA

God, FUCK YOU, Paul Wet Shit Anderson. You turned what could have been a masterpiece in the exploration of psychological and cosmic horror into a BRAINDEAD ABOMINATION THAT SUITS YOUR MIDDLE FUCKING NAME.

I am genuinely pissed. I'm not kidding, anons. I am actually personally fucking offended. Event Horizon could have been a masterful stroke in the vein of Tarkovsky, Kubrick, or even Cronenberg. Instead we got this stupid, ugly, waste of genetic material to create something so mind-numbingly horrid, so phenomenally disappointing, SO MOTHERFUCKING DULL, that I'm legitimately angered.

Fuck you, you grimy piece of shit. If you die tomorrow, no one outside of your immediate family will weep for you, you talentless fucking hack.

P.S. Don't watch Event Horizon. You'll only feel crushingly let down.

>inb4 autism

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hGJVq2kT0S8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

cuck

Bump honestly (((honestly)))

>Not using a gellar field during warp travel

Dumb savages

Never understood the appeal of this movie. It's so boring and lacking of passion.

Damn you mad son. It's still a good movie tho.

Dont yell about VAs you are going to make Letterboxd shitposters angry

>It is a "test audiences didn't like this so we changed it" thread.

I suggest finding other forms of entertainment in your life that do not in any way involve any sort of entertainment media written, stage, or electronic.

Damn user eat a snickers

U right tho

Everyone told me this was a good movie. It sucks and I didn't find out till afterwards that this hack directed it.

>BRAINDEAD ABOMINATION THAT SUITS YOUR MIDDLE FUCKING NAME.
What did op mean by this

The first twenty minutes are promising. It goes under like a rampaging bull in quicksand after, though.

I enjoy the medium. I don't enjoy those who stereotype the medium. If he wanted to make generic action schlock, he shouldn't have chosen such a scintillating topic. Fuck that British fuck.

I'm in the same boat. Just terrible.

Did I wander into bizzarro Sup Forums? Event Horizon is great, sorry it doesn't live up to your own personal standards faggot

>that suits your middle name

I like you.

it's a good warhammer 40k movie tho

This place became bizarro Sup Forums when rejected faggots such as yourself started imagining you actually belong here. Go post on the IMDB forums, you ugly little downie.

Also why have there been so many Event Horizon threads lately?

Still a better director than Zach Snyder

anyone else read this entire rant in John Goodman's/Walter Sobchack's voice?

>I enjoy the medium. I don't enjoy those who stereotype the medium. If he wanted to make generic action schlock, he shouldn't have chosen such a scintillating topic. Fuck that British fuck.

Well, the biggest problem is that the entirety of entertainment media is just a social propaganda vehicle. Because of that, they never stray into anything really good because their agenda pulls them right back into the same old shit you always see.

Go on lb and find the most autistic review of a WS Anderson flick

The hyper-conceptualist post-modern masterpiece of the 21st & probably Anderson's best movie thus far - after Afterlife's almost wholly formalist work here finally PWSA culminates and progresses an entire body of ideas and politics simmering since Shopping. Like his best work it most closely resembles his favorite director, Fritz Lang, but this is like Lang chopped up, spewed out and reconstituted into something wholly new and immediate for the 21st century. Here is a world where the world itself does not exist - the only thing that can be trusted to be actually physical is a series of grids and corridors - cities have been decimated - senses of place and sense of being have become simulation. Other human beings that are left are controlled by AI - life itself is little more than moving through a series of grids and simulations, you as the player struggling to survive as AI spawns enemies to prevent your existence, on a map that only it can see. What is the only constant in this life? Surveillance.

The only thing which seems to remain of concrete physicality is the ice-bed lying above where most of the movie takes place. This space is a dystopia leaving us with merely the remains of ships and water - at first it seems we have entered another Ice Age but the truth is far more interesting - that we are in the remains of Soviet Russia, the sadness that communist symbols are now little more than artifact and are only viewed with incomprehension when seen. Furthermore, that in this place where there was once revolution, there is now the foundation of a world ruled only by corporation and AI - so much so to the point that human needs are incongruous because the mere existence of humans has been deemed unnecessary.

Because people crave good science-fiction. It's a shame we rarely get it.

It really is a shame. Fortunately, we still get a host of excellent movies a year; unfortunately, the most financially successful movies will always appeal to the masses. There won't be a paradigm shift anytime soon as far as I can see.

Damn son, just warm up another hot pocket and paint another WH40K figurine already

Still a more nutritious and enjoyable activity than guzzling WS Anderson's smegma, you cipher.

>Not watching movies ironically for f-fun

Maybe you actually missed the entire point of the movie, you should re-watch it to further understand it.

Bump

It was a lot scarier when it was released, during the Star Trek TNG era. Space sci-fi was all utopian and hopeful, and this movie's commercials had no indication that it was a horror movie. When you watch a horror movie knowing it's a horror movie, yeah it's going to suck and look dull. When you watch it thinking it's going to be uplifting and optimistic about human nature, it fucks with you.

Also you're a pretentious jackass.

Where we're going, we don't need kino to watch

OH MAH GAWD THAT'S THE FAOUWNKY SHIT

There's an uncut version out there. Paul said he's in contact with a guy who had it but that was it. Is it out already?

>he calls a movie out for being terrible
>LOL PRETENTIOUS!!!! XD

No need to blindly defend your boyfriend. He's garbage at his job.

And trust me, my expectations were subverted.

How young do you have to be for this to be the first time you're seeing Event Horizon? Holy shit.

Or this could just be pasta, I don't know anymore.

You're right, if you don't watch every movie the year it's released, you're too young to watch it.

Stellar logic, you dumb, crusty fuck.

2016-18=1998

It might be OP's birthday and his parents just allowed him to watch R-rated movies.

You hit the nail on the head. They said Sup Forums was okay, though, as soon as I hit 10.

Sup Forums normally doesn't make lots of noise on the living room TV.

It is an awful film but we knew that when it was released-- no surprises there, new pal. 1 star out of 4.

It's the best 40k movie ever accidentally made.

Yeah. They tend to completely overlook the cp, gore, and trap pics, though. After all, Sup Forums doesn't give ratings!

Accurate rating.

>being so degenerate you actually look at that shit.

Wew lad.

It's just my hormonal impulses. I'm a growing boy, it's natural to be curious.

How many "cp, gore, and trap pics" do you have?

>saving the pics

Nah senpai, my mom's Cloud is connected to my desktop. Can't risk it after the first time they caught me with some horse dong.

I wasn't before but now I am

thank you

the premise is fucking top notch....a black hole that doesn't sent people to another point of space-time but rather into hell...damn just imagine another director having a proyect like this in his own hands

youtube.com/watch?v=hGJVq2kT0S8

fuck no that looks like some d&d cheap fantasy piece of shit some 40 something year old virgin living in his mom garage would hype for and attend sorry ass conventions just to have an autograph from the camera man of the b unit that worked on the project. fuck no.

what's his middle name

Sphere did it better

No, Sphere fucked up big time with that shitty ending both in movie and book.

So did you like this more?

Haven't seen it.

It was ok, check it out if you don't have anything better to do.

I liked this. Decent scifi horror flick.

I agree with you Anderson shit all over resident evil for me, his shitty actress wife jovavich too, they created absolute garbage series that never should of been given a sequel. Into The Trash it should have gone.

First time I watched this was in highschool with my buddy at 2 am, all fucked up on tequila, it got v scary

50 minutes was cut from the final version.

Event Horizon was a fluke.
Despite having Paul Wes Anderson as the director it was a great movie.
Most likely he phoned in his directorial duties.
Probably even filmed half the scenes without his cuck self on set.