I can tell you three Beatles songs I enjoy: Paperback Writer, Strawberry Fields Forever, and I Am the Walrus

>I can tell you three Beatles songs I enjoy: Paperback Writer, Strawberry Fields Forever, and I Am the Walrus

How's his taste Sup Forums?

Honestly shocking

shockingly what

Zappa had weird taste, I don't really understand his criterion but those Beatles songs are great and I remember he said some nice stuff about King Crimson once but he shat on a lot of stuff too pretty openly

>"Frank Zappa is the most untalented musician I've ever heard... He can't play rock 'n roll because he's a loser...". Lou Reed
>"He isn't really interested in music...he's using music for ammunition". John Cale in Oor, January 1994.

makes sense, Zappa is all rhythm and blues mixed with psychedelia and classical influence. each of these songs kind of reflect that.

paperback writer has a great driving beat (for a Beatles song)

strawberry fields is orchestrated and quirky

and i am the walrus is i am the walrus.

All fine picks. I thought he'd also include Day Tripper in there.

>He isn't really interested in music...he's using music for ammunition
I've honestly never seen something so true

how do you think he meant 'using music as ammunition'?

John is right you know

Also that is the most Lou Reedy Lou Reed quote I've seen in a while

lou reed was Sup Forums before it was cool

w-we're all talentless hacks?

Did Trump ghostwrite that Lou Reed quote?
Either way I agree unironically

Pretty laughable how insecure the Velvet Underground was. Zappa didn't like them and was getting more promotion, so they shit all over him when he was a much better all-around musician. They made one influential album, Zappa did far more.

The music under the message was always more important to him. It's not true at all.

>likes the Beatles
it's shit

>He can't play rock 'n roll because he's a loser

What a mature, thoughtful criticism.

you don't get reed dude

you can tell how insecure Zappa was based on his hatred towards more talented/successful musicians (see:David Bowie, The Beatles)

>Fuck you, Captain Tom

What a mature, thoughtful criticism.

Or maybe, just maybe, he was making fun of everyone and not taking himself too seriously. Weird how David Bowie and The Beatles were smart enough to recognize this and not publicly deride him, but everyone in the Velvet Underground felt the need to tell everyone that they thought he was shit.

Let's also remember that this was in response to David Bowie going behind his back to hire Belew mid-tour, and that he wasn't a dick to Adrian about it. He was a real life shitposter. You can think he's an ass without getting so assblasted you can't acknowledge why his music was important / insult a dead man.

>zappa talks shit
>"dude he was just making fun of the situation don't take him seriously"

>lou reed (a known troll) talks shit
>"wow that guy is so insecure man what's his problem!?"

>They made one influential album
>(not true, by the way)

Those are three of my favorites.

prob cuz david bowie and the beatles weren't insecure fucks and knew their music was based

>Bowie/Beatles
>more talented than Zappa

>that's the point

Sarcastic narcissist ≠ Troll

This is album is better than Sgt. Pepper

Kind of funny considering over half his material is unlistenable

Didn't Reed introduced Zappa in the r
Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame?

yes he did lol

Maybe if you are a pleb. Get some taste and try again.

He did, and you could hear the disdain in his voice. Afterwards Moon basically told him and everyone there that Frank would have told them to fuck off if he were there... in a subtle way.

Like Scaruffi, another pompous shit, Frank's favorite Beatle was the one closest to resembling himself, John. So he loved all the John-penned songs and hated Paul.

why would it be john when he was the most retarded musically

You are fucking retarded lol

zappa is a poser fuck and his opinions don't matter

>Zappa not mentioning Revolution 9

Zappa, I am disappoint.