Ask a Chef anything about food or cooking

Ask a Chef anything about food or cooking.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PUP7U5vTMM0
youtube.com/watch?v=jSh6VJYRV-g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What is your favorite spice

How do you cook michelin star level scrambled eggs?

Making a good Cesar dressing... Go. Don't want the healthy versions. Give me the gusto

totally depends on the dish...but if I had to chose 1 in any cuisine, pepper.

What's the point of herbs....I can't taste them or smell them

What's the most incredible way to prepare a leg of lamb?

Looking for inspiration

Goose egg. Salt, pepper dash of milk. Continuous whisking on low heat. Not OP. What do you think about that OP?

do you take care of your drivers or are you a stingy bastard

do you even goggle
youtube.com/watch?v=PUP7U5vTMM0

Stingey*

you must be American

what do you think about potatoes?

Yep

you must think about america constantly
sorry about your life

Not even close to a chef, but I've stopped using milk because I didn't really notice a difference. The rest is one of the ways I do it though.

Slow roast, sear first then slow roast

How to calm down lobster before you kill him?

(If your answer is you rotate him or heads down or you freeze him then you are shit chef)

love potatoes

You use magic word Bitch

>chef

how long have you been cooking professionally, where did you go to school, and where do you cook now, and how much do you make?

every fry cook wants to call themself "chef" but they aren't even near that. "chef" means boss, you're not the chef unless you are in charge of SOMETHING.

You throw it in a boiling pan, duh.

Stop eating McDonalds for a year and maybe you will get your palate back

Back of a knife down the back of his neck.. Then through his Brain while he chills out

ball peen hammer to the skull...that will calm it down nicely

How do you use saffron?!

I've bought it and used it in all sorts of curries and delicate dishes but I can't tell it's in there. It makes no difference.

Please explain it?

it's for color.. not flavor.

banquet chef here (not OP)

How is the taste of human flesh?

25 years
Stratford Canada
Whistler Canada
$150,000+

I could never do it, the little fucker was always too pinchy, nearly chopped my dick off.

Is "spicy" food generally considered less rafined than a perfumed meal

bullshit. next you're going to tell me that you are Dave Levey from hells kitchen season 6. fuck off.

No man then he dies but my question was how to calm him down so you can place hand on him and he wont scratch yo answer is

You spit in its mouth then as spit is kinda dense he gets feel as if he is in sea and calms down.

I work in croatia fish restaurant for 20ys now do it every time works 99% od time if not spit again hh

OP here, it is the most over rated spice ever...it is very...how do I say, dainty, so the dish needs to be dainty as well. Not a robust spice, so I seldom use it.

What are some things that make you not like a specific server in your restaurant?

OP here...if I could find you, I would strangle you and find out you little pee wacker!!!!!!!!!

Exactly but it does leave rather wierd tastee as you recognise it

no that is not me

Thank you! What kind of flavour is it supposed to add to the dish?

What kind of dishes are dainty enough to bring it out?

If anything I add the milk for quantity and smoothing out the richness. That's only personal preference but when cooking in work I use a dash of cream instead with regular eggs.

are you french?

unapologetic if the dish is returned
lackadaisical on a slow day

I have a smoker. Should I bother with brisket since it's such a difficult piece or leave it to the professionals and twice the cost?

Have you seen chef?

Chef!, do you allways finish steak in an oven or is it OK to grill all the way through?

Pinch of salt whisk with fork until everything is one cook until soft and moist fake chef faggots.

Souffle, scrambled eggs....

Canadian so I speak French, but I am English

Chef please explain the French fry, how does one make crispy fries?

ya ya ya bother
get your spices going and low smoke that fucker
for 8 hrs....nothing better

finish grill outside on a barbie
always finish inside in the oven
it's all about heat control
great question btw

I work in an upscale seafood restaurant as a server. Been there for more than 6 months, but im pretty sure the head chef hates my guts. I'm used to it now, I honestly don't care anymore. But he's always talking shit about me to my gm

That is going to depend entirely on the type, cut, and thickness.

do you do payroll ?

you need to double fry my friend, double fry....same as chicken wings....check this out
youtube.com/watch?v=jSh6VJYRV-g

move on dood you can't win that one

But chef some say blanch fries others say pre boil fries which is right?

fuck no i'm too busy
we have an agent

you are not listening to me
either way it is a 2 step process

What are the five mother sauces?

What the fuck, man.

How to make bacon without bacon?

i disagree

>What's the point of herbs....I can't taste them or smell them

troll harder, son

What do you think of ramsay's famcy scrambled eggs?

Potatoes, peeled or unpeeled?

Why the fuck do people present food in the nouvelle style? It just gets fucking cold and there's like no sauce ON the damn food!

how
do you make the best chimichurry sauce ?

> (You)
> (You)
> (You)
>

Peeling potatoes is for pussies! Real men eat the ground of where they tread.

Is this thread alive? then I got a question, how the fuck do you prepare a risotto. Everytime I do it it takes atleast 40 minutes from start to serving, And I guess most guests aren´t willing to wait that long

There's really no secret to risotto. It just takes time to cook.

Is it wrong that i add msg to everything?

Yes and thats my point, do you do it on order and let the guest wait for 40 minutes or more or what parts can be prepaired to speed up the process

Bechamel
Tomatoe
Espagnole
Hollandaise
Veloute

Depends on the restaurant I'm cooking for. If it's a casual restaurant I'll have some cooked 90% of the way so I'm just finishing the process when they order. But if I'm at a fine dining multi course type place I'll do it to order from a raw state.

What do you think of Noma food lab?

do you do any fermentation/booze making?

Best soup base?

how to make quick hollandaise sub?

Is molecular gastronomy passé?

Just free range eggs, a tablespoon of cream per egg, crumbled parmesan to mix through, get the pan smoking, hit it with oil and a pinch of salt, no more heat, add the egg and stir with either steel tongs or wooden spoon. Be very fucking quick. As soon as it starts to form up, get it out of the pan. Pan should still be clean.
>Michelin stars are awarded as per an area basis - if the restaurant is in an average place but the food in amazing while keeping to the area, the star is awarded

whats the best dish with anchovies?

not OP but I love puttanesca

I didnt ask you faggot
good dish though

I got a big bag of squid I got cheap, what should I do with it, I´m allready tired of putting it in pasta

would you rather eat a steaming pile of shit or a serving of Kraft mac-n-cheese with boiled hot dogs?