Is this really the best trap music has to offer?

is this really the best trap music has to offer?

its not even all that great

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8lsDuWzIvQw
youtube.com/watch?v=XQ5ZcPBdfns&list=PLTBvkYxSDG-Lm3_0xJ9k2ZPg9wh1AxB0g&index=113
youtube.com/watch?v=7zJa6FB5crk&list=PLTBvkYxSDG-Lm3_0xJ9k2ZPg9wh1AxB0g&index=166
youtube.com/watch?v=A5IvyeAeEOM&list=PLTBvkYxSDG-Lm3_0xJ9k2ZPg9wh1AxB0g&index=131
youtube.com/watch?v=6FlpX2UkOAg&list=PLTBvkYxSDG-Lm3_0xJ9k2ZPg9wh1AxB0g&index=157
youtube.com/watch?v=y98-4LkXsBM&list=PLOs4wbro-fhBIZuYQR8niCl3hW2Azc862
youtube.com/watch?v=hCDAfa-NI-M
youtube.com/watch?v=MidpHoUTR1o
youtube.com/watch?v=jUb7BmAJ1HA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is.

That's not Flockaveli.

This is

His sophomore album was way better. Every single track was good on BITTSM.

is this ironic?

Genuinely can't think of a song I didn't like. Rodeo was amazing, don't get me wrong. But Birds was a 9.5/10 for me.

It doesn't hold a candle to pic related or anything by Young Thug.

lmao fuck no
rodeo had more depth and a much more unique sound at the time, i loved birds but it all sounded really similar. he also fucked up some features pretty bad but w/e

This tbqh familia

>this many plebs linking albums that aren't young thug

Jesus Chirst.

Honestly, it's close. Trap doesn't have much to offer. Future is pretty terrible as opposed to what most people in here say, and while Young Thug is one of the better trap artists, he isn't all that great. Denzel Curry is just about the best the genre has to offer overall, and Flockaveli is a surprisingly great album and acts as the I Get Wet of hip hop.

Best Trap Albums:
T.I. - Trap Muzik
UGK - Ridin' Dirty
Young Jeezy - Let's Get It: Thug Motivation 101
Gucci Mane - Trap God (mixtape)
Waka Flocka Flame - Flockaveli

nah

chief keef finally rich

how the fuck didnt that get mentioned already?

This guy knows

Also throw in Mick Jenkins - The Waters and this

You have been mislead...

youtube.com/watch?v=8lsDuWzIvQw

No bs i think this is the magnum opus of trap
>that emotional delivery
>that beat
>lyrics walk the line between brag and sad
>last song of a classic tape (doesnt change the song but adds a layer to its greatness)

youtube.com/watch?v=XQ5ZcPBdfns&list=PLTBvkYxSDG-Lm3_0xJ9k2ZPg9wh1AxB0g&index=113

youtube.com/watch?v=7zJa6FB5crk&list=PLTBvkYxSDG-Lm3_0xJ9k2ZPg9wh1AxB0g&index=166

youtube.com/watch?v=A5IvyeAeEOM&list=PLTBvkYxSDG-Lm3_0xJ9k2ZPg9wh1AxB0g&index=131

youtube.com/watch?v=6FlpX2UkOAg&list=PLTBvkYxSDG-Lm3_0xJ9k2ZPg9wh1AxB0g&index=157

i prefer birds over rodeo

youtube.com/watch?v=y98-4LkXsBM&list=PLOs4wbro-fhBIZuYQR8niCl3hW2Azc862

It's Barter 6

Barter 6 easily

have u even hear 56 nights

It's pretty much all trash

Birds sucks, the only two tracks I remember are Goosebumps and Pick Up The Phone
Rodeo was amazing, and I was incredibly surprised it was as good as it was

opposite for me
only tracks i can remember off rodeo was antidote

dis opie

In what world is Mick Jenkins trap?

Hood shit, I'd replace Trap God with Trap House 3 though

Not even trap, but I think you know that?

I just want to know when people started thinking that Rodeo deserves to be mentioned as a high-point in trap...seriously when the fuck did this become a thing? Follow up question to that, why the fuck did this become a thing?

Curtis Mayfield has made better trap than all of these people. youtube.com/watch?v=hCDAfa-NI-M

Fucktano started saying it and now his shitty fan base all say it's "the pinnacle of trap music"

you got anything more ambitious, polished, and creative than that album? I'd love to hear it please share

youtube.com/watch?v=MidpHoUTR1o

these dudes know

young thug is the best, but we'll look back on it as post-hop or something. Yeezus will be considered a landmark album of the genre. Lil Yachty will be the critically divisive one that retrospectively all critics will pretend they fawned over. etc

OP is a dumbshit for saying that Rodeo isn't good. Melonhead gave it a strang 8 faggot.

>mick jenkins
>trap

Yeezus is a watered down industrial rap album, it's not that good or "post hop"

that albums sick sounds like some middle eastern trap beats and shit haha

this is basically just a mbdtf trap version

marquee moon is a watered down hard rock album, it's not that good or "post punk"

you're a flaming retard if you consider Mick Jenkins trap. Curry isn't really standard trap either.
one of the best
OG
mediocre, scholarships is the best song

agreed

This tbqh

>implying melonhead knows how to review trap music
This is more of "a broken clock is right twice a day" type of thing

lmao kek. Birds got Coordinate. Only good shit on Rodeo is antidote and apple pie

Objective rankings:

DBR>>BITSM>Rodeo>>Owl Pharoh

>thinking Birds is better than Rodeo
Un fucking believable.

Ok, I'm convinced.
Where should I start with Future?

pluto, then honest, then the mixtapes between honest and ds2, then ds2

Barter 6 is.

no. days before rodeo, days before birds, Slime seasons 1, 2, and 3, and even pic related are better. pic related has some of the best trap beats i've heard maaly raw is a magician

you're an idiot if you think the waters is trap sorry try again. actually don't try again if you're that fucking stupid to begin with

This one first trust me

self titled has the best consistency in terms of production quality

It definitely does have a high trap influence though. I mean Denzel shouts out Waka Flocka quite a few times, the drums are definitely trap, and songs like Threatz and Talk that Shit are classic trap songs. I'd argue all the best trap albums are albums that are influenced between trap and other hip hop subgenres.

>808
The mafia has spoken.

youtube.com/watch?v=jUb7BmAJ1HA

Incorrect, it's I'm the Plug

That's drill tho

Roots manuva made a bit if a trap effort on his newest album

I've been listening to DS2 so much lately
I'd say this, Jefferey and Rodeo are definitely up there

>people ITT defending Birds and saying its better than Rodeo

you are not actually serious about that are you?