I am the Mayor of a small Pacific Northwest town of about 9,000 people. Ask me anything

I am the Mayor of a small Pacific Northwest town of about 9,000 people. Ask me anything.

not sure what to ask OP

what is your social security number?

Can i get a zoning permit to build a brothel in your town? Serious question.

What's your world domination plan?

-q832

If you're speaking the truth, then what's my favorite color?
Answer that mister lying pants.

how'd you get that gig? Did you enter the town as a mysterious stranger and help rebuild a failing economy, earning the unanimous vote to be their leader

Ok, what the fuck got you into office?

no
Orange
Born and raised. I lead a full fucking smear campaign against the then incumbent mayor. He was funneling a shitload of money into these 2 asian nail salons in town from the money a few drug dens were paying him off with. I shut em down.

I assume you are a weak-mayor right?

you are lame. it's probably the only action in that lame fucking town. Now it's back to fucking goats...

>actually achieved justice through political means
good going
but it sounds like they're going to want revenge, have you been attacked or targeted before?

Port Townsend, WA?

2 asian nail salons in a small town, you must be on the west side of the cascades. I would say Washington, but could be Oregon. somewhere near the I5 cooridor?

OP can I get a job as a government-sanctioned underground enforcer?

>live in OR

9000 people, they barely have their own city cops, let alone undercover dicks.

Nope. Mayor Strong. No city council to deal with, although the charter says anything needs to be passed with vote of the people, but my endorsement of something on the county level has some weight now.
It was just some mexican immigrants growing weed and moving LSD to the bigger cities. Considering this was about 1 month ago, I have yet to have any consequences.
Pretty much. More in the mountains though
Little far from
Best I can do is City hall needs another janitor. Our's is retiring nest month.

we have 2 officers, and they're actually on the counties dime, not ours. well, technically sheriffs that only stay in our city. We have a few taverns that are popular with truckers, so it can get busy sometimes for them.

county's*

I am guessing Burlington

>undercover dicks
>𝑝𝑟𝑖𝑣𝑎𝑡𝑒 dicks

>janitor
been there done that

No, not burlington. Sumner

not OP
I'm in talks with BNSF to try and open an office here considering the tracks go right by us, and im trying to get Waste Management to open a facility here too, maybe something will open up with them?

>I'm in talks with BNSF to try and open an office here considering the tracks go right by us, and im trying to get Waste Management to open a facility here too

High aspirations you have there.

Jokes aside I'm a jewelery-machinist living on savings, jobs are lucrative but not easy to find
>

Basically, our county has this really old policy that that the executor likes to RARELY pull out that allows business opening up to get sales tax applied at the county/city level waved, as well as property taxes for X amount of years waved as well. I've been asking the Executor to give me overrides on that all time to try and get these businesses moving up here. It already worked with this manufacturing firm to open this small shop not for from my house that employed 26 people, 20 of whom moved into our city.

I think I'm starting to ware the Executors patience though with it, im calling almost every week asking for another override, the county doesn't like giving out that business incentive, even though it dates back to the Reagan days.

I feel the struggle
please never ask Sup Forums for advice user they're crazy
just putting that out there

What exactly do you do OP?
Typical work week? Green text anecdotes?

Feed me some filth, I wanna hear what you dickheads do on a day to day basis

Concrete?

OP, what is the worst experience you've had while in office?

Be careful with that, user. The railroad is like the mafia. They will buttfuck you into a corner and your town will find themselves fucked.
Show boobs.

Should i post OP's name?

why not?

I used to go there back way when. Its not as fun anymore.
Thats the thing, it's only as much work as you want it to be. When I took this job and won I thought it'd be more work, but its mostly me just giving decisions. I kept my day job despite it being a possible conflict of interest. If my constituents think it becomes and issue, so be it, but so far they haven't cared. What I have been doing lately is totally trying to revamp this city by bringing in jobs. Calling in tax favors with the county (our city brings in almost no money in taxes) and talking with perspective investors (none have invested yet, but when they do, my work will be worth it). Considering the only thing the city takes is 0.005% ontop of of the ~9.6% sales tax, raising it makes no sense and trying to get more retail isn't going to happen, Im trying to bring in industry to bring in more people, and hope they spend locally.
Ya'll are getting close
It was actually before I got in office, but it was the first "debate" i had with the last mayor. He destroyed me because I was totally unprepared
I'm doubtful they'll open an office, the one they have in the town just 20miles south of us is really old building I heard rumors it was actually on a lease that was about to go up. I could be wrong though.
If you have me, sure why not.

Granite Falls, WA?

Matt, I work for a city on the East side of the state. Don't you hate the damn city domain naming convention in WA state? ci.cityname.wa.us?