I'm unimpressed by technology. Especially the Internet...

I'm unimpressed by technology. Especially the Internet. It's 2016 and still the collection of information readily available, for free to the world, is a website that could be done by a high school student containing a rough draft of an encyclopedia updated by any average user.

Can't we at least have an actual encyclopedia like Britannica make an official version?

Look at our transportation technology. Still using fossil fuels to get from one point to the next.

Medical field. No cure for cancer or thousands of other terminal diseases.

LED television slightly upgraded every 4 years just the same as computer technology. Moore's law is just a sales model. The highest, fastest speeds of anything today has already been invented. It's just built and sold to consumers fapping to the newest cpus paying 500.00 per.

This is shit. It's all shit. We were promised fusion energy in 50 years when I was in grade school. Well over halfway there and all we'll have in another 20 years is the same shit slightly "upgraded" so the consuming masses can make he same few 1% of people richer.

Im mad about this. Give me a new invention scientific communities. Give me some new exciting breakthrough in something, anything.

We are stuck in the 1940s with slightly upgraded everything. Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

singularityhub.com/2015/07/20/forget-rocket-fuel-this-spaceplane-will-use-microwave-beams-to-reach-orbit/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beam-powered_propulsion
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Don't forget that mankind walked on the moon in 1969.

fag

>I'm unimpressed by technology.
so invent something you fucking lazy shit

I'm not claiming to be smart enough to do so. I'm simply looking at the past and the leaps in engineering and sciences from say 1800 - 1900. New Inventions every year.

Lately it seems technology has plateaued is all I'm saying.

Space exploration is the same as its been since 1960. Oxygen/hydrogen powered rockets.

I'm saying in our generation there has been no real leaps in science. Our generation fucking sucks.

You really don't keep up with the times, do you?
singularityhub.com/2015/07/20/forget-rocket-fuel-this-spaceplane-will-use-microwave-beams-to-reach-orbit/

If you really think that, OP, then what are you doing about it except complaining on some shitty website that the world couldn't care less about?

What have you done in life to contribute to this "primitive" society then?

It's fake

>what is EM drive nigger

Alright, I found it on Wikipedia.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beam-powered_propulsion

Yeah, microwave beams in the URL. Not even opening this retarded shit.

Even if someone came up with some amazing new way to improve transportation etc. Some company would buy up the patent and bury it until the last drop of oil was used.

I mean, maybe not, but something like that still isn't getting invented anymore. There's no real motivation to sit in a garage and try to invent something completely new. Everything is good. Everyone's life is pretty much decent.

There's no real motivation to invent anything anymore. Just morons trying to make some kind of bathroom buddy to male a few million and retire.

Beam powered propulsion has been talked about for years. It's suppose to be able to travel long distances through space with little cost. There's no real interest in space exploration anymore though. Everyone believes money is better spent elsewhere.

Honestly if there's no real chance of going to another galaxy to meet aliens, what the point though?

Stirring interest. Maybe my post will inspire a much smarter user to finally try that new experiment. I'm not a scientist. Just a conscientious observer wanting something new to inspire me.

If you're so unimpressed with technology, I suggest you convert to Islam and join ISIS.

They want to live in the stone age.
Well, a stone age that has good camera equipment, but that's about it.

Clearly you know nothing about science if you think nothing big has came out since the 40s.

The EM drive is not that efficient as you might think

Interestingly, Wikipedia is more accurate on average than the Britannica.

fuck me this is a dumb thread.

'Unimpressed by technology' effectively means you don't understand shit, or weren't even alive in the early 2000s to understand the insane leaps and bounds in technology since 2000. Now if you are arguing that major technological changes haven't happened since lets say 2010. Then politely look down at that computer you have in your pocket.

And that's is just the beginning. This is a bait thread through and through and if it isn't you are truly retarded. Landed a satellite on a fucking comet, insane leaps in pretty much every field.

Hur dur I were promised fusion energy in 50 years when I was in grade school. I don't understand the how much harder it is to sustain fusion than fission. I have no idea how nuclear energy works

ITT: Some guy is so jaded by the fantastic technology he already has that all he can do is whine that he doesn't have a spaceship that does warp 10

I have a VR setup right next to me more advanced than anything available on the entire planet only a couple of decades ago. Progress has been stunning.

let's look at your picture as well as your junior high Utopian mind would like to live in. The guy with the prosthetic arm and gay little robo dog all exist. The mono rail.. exists. The architecture is nothing new just simply not reasonable to construct other than purely aesthetic. So the only thing your faggot 12 year old ass wants is a hover car. Think of the ethical issues with vehicles as is then add flight to that same issue. It simply doesn't make sense you fucking faggot.

Earth is flat. No human has been outside of Earth's orbit. It's all lies.

Capitalism =/= technological progress

What's needed is a technocracy, with a geniocracy.

I can already tell from the way you write, that you are not very intelligent.
Also, using the term "a cure for cancer" unironically is the single most certain sign that you have absolutely no understanding of medical science and whether you are impressed by it or not is completely irrelevant.

>in our generation there has been no real leaps in science

Human genome project
Cloning
Genetic engineering
Higgs boson

Yea no biggies here, pffft

Wait. We found the Higgs boson?

>I'm unimpressed by technology. Especially the Internet.

Bait

Yea, where are the sexbots?